Terry Curran

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

my mate once threw a cup of hot coffee at him as he came out of the old john street tunnel it was a testimonial so help us out SILENT BLADE
Cec Coldwell's? Derek Dooley's?

Might be helpful if you gave us a rough date and told us which side the Bobby Ball lookalike was playing for.

my mate once threw a cup of hot coffee at him as he came out of the old john street tunnel it was a testimonial so help us out SILENT BLADE

Not sure I know you pal but that could have been me. I think it was a testimonial, or a pre-season friendly, Blades v Pigs, maybe it was for Cec Coldwell but I honestly can't remember. It must have been after the South Stand opened, but the players used the old dressing rooms in the John St and came out of the John St tunnel, which was caged in. As Curran came out I lobbed a plastic cup at him, which had water in it. The cup hit the fence and the water splashed on him. He stopped, made a hand-wringing gesture and stared right at me and mouthed something. I was only a kid at the time, and my mates thought it was brilliant that we had wound up the hated Curran.

The next day in the Star it said that the game was marred by a Blades supporter "throwing a cup of scalding hot tea" over said pig

Maybe I wasn't the only one to hurl liquid at him that day though.

Not sure I know you pal but that could have been me. I think it was a testimonial, or a pre-season friendly, Blades v Pigs, maybe it was for Cec Coldwell but I honestly can't remember. It must have been after the South Stand opened, but the players used the old dressing rooms in the John St and came out of the John St tunnel, which was caged in. As Curran came out I lobbed a plastic cup at him, which had water in it. The cup hit the fence and the water splashed on him. He stopped, made a hand-wringing gesture and stared right at me and mouthed something. I was only a kid at the time, and my mates thought it was brilliant that we had wound up the hated Curran.

The next day in the Star it said that the game was marred by a Blades supporter "throwing a cup of scalding hot tea" over said pig

surley this aint you pronk it was deffo a testimonial he was still playing for the pigs then

Curran knows the value of a fence - he went down on his knees right in front of us after scoring in "that" game boxing day 1979

All these blades moaning about the Leon Clarke signing if we can see Terry Curran pull a blades shirt on the Clarke is a walk in the park . Oh by the way Sam Morsy is the next to sign UTB

How dare you fucking paste that twat's name as a thread title on this Forum. :mad:
Linz must surely give you an infraction for that.

Thanks for the heads up on Morsey, though, Sunjers :)

I absolutely fucking hate the cunt and allus have.
Couldn't believe we signed the twat and was so happy when he fucked off to Everton.
Utter detestable cocksucker knob-jockey pisslicker cunting gobsite of a twat, ever.

Harsh but fair. When he stamped on Tony Tony Tony Ken-wor-thy at t'Lane I got "a bit riled" & I still am.

"Sabella Dances to Curran's Tune" was daubed on John st for a long while.

All these blades moaning about the Leon Clarke signing if we can see Terry Curran pull a blades shirt on the Clarke is a walk in the park . Oh by the way Sam Morsy is the next to sign UTB
Morsy permanent pal? Star saying loan

It wasn't Cec Coldwells as that was against an all star 11 and Jimmy Hagan turned out for it.

Curran was a different story as there was a large picture of a pig sprayed on the outside wall of the Kop with "Terry" written underneath it. He was the uberpig: from recording Singin the Blues to scoring a Goal of the Month against us. He was never accepted by a large section of our support- although as others have mentioned- being crap didn't help.

Jeff King, Alan Quinn, Bromby etc all fitted in and had no problem and expect that the new signing will be the same.
For some reason Cresswell was hated initially. He played on v Doncaster with a broken collar none, scored plenty in 09 10 and generally worked really hard for us. Only strike threat we had in 09 10.

Not convinced there's anything in it past the rumours from nowhere. Sounds in the Radio Sheffield interview that the moment Giddings brought it up with him last night he immediately shook his head. In the same piece he did say we needed more in central midfield, but he combined that with a line on using the loan window. His reaction sounded more in keeping with how he responded to some of the random names linked at the start of the window, rather than say the response to the McFadzean rumour (or the striker who's name has escaped me that didn't want to join us as back-up).

For some reason Cresswell was hated initially. He played on v Doncaster with a broken collar none, scored plenty in 09 10 and generally worked really hard for us. Only strike threat we had in 09 10.
The reason being he was supposed to sign for us before but went to Leeds and made some joke about setting off on the M1 and driving past us to get to Leeds.

Yes it was against Wendy. Not sure about TC. I wasn't at that match
I went to that and I'm fairly sure he made a cameo appearance. Wish Darren was still posting so he could correct me.

I remember standing in my usual place at the back of the kop and noticing a few unfamiliar faces. I assumed they were part timers until one of them jumped up and shouted 'The Wednesday'. Then it all went off.

I went to that and I'm fairly sure he made a cameo appearance. Wish Darren was still posting so he could correct me.

I remember standing in my usual place at the back of the kop and noticing a few unfamiliar faces. I assumed they were part timers until one of them jumped up and shouted 'The Wednesday'. Then it all went off.
He played in John Flynn's testimonial as well as Tony Kenworthy's (went to both)

Back
Top Bottom