Spoilt Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score

Billy taking a parting shot at the club/board because they wouldnt give him another year

Extremeley poor if you ask me stoking division between the fans the club and the board

Maybe if he wasnt bang bang average all last year the club would have given you one

And yes the board are terrible right now but releasing sharp is probabaly the only decent logical decision they have made recently IMO

Billy taking a parting shot at the club/board because they wouldnt give him another year

Extremeley poor if you ask me stoking division between the fans the club and the board

Maybe if he wasnt bang bang average all last year the club would have given you one

And yes the board are terrible right now but releasing sharp is probabaly the only decent logical decision they have made recently IMO

Go on then. I'll bite.

It's been great over the last few weeks not having to read the fuckin drivel you regularly spout, especially since you grandly announced that you weren't going to post on this forum again.

You're fuckin toxic and I'll lay myself wide open to a first ever infraction by saying that you are a full weight utter cunt.

Disagree with you.

For me as well if the manager wishes to keep a player and it's not breaking the bank it should be down to them.

He didn't get on the end of many last season but did put in a few performances of merit. But admittedly didn't reach the heights of previous seasons.
His dressing room presence though is 2nd to none, so we may well miss that. We do luckily still have alot of characters left in there although in 12 months time so many are set to leave and that is a worry.

For me I don't necessarily think it was wrong to let him go overall, but ultimately I feel it should be the managers choice rather than board.
Given Hecky wanted to keep him I don't think he should have gone.

Billy's unwavering self belief is a big part of what made him a great player. He's also very honest and unfiltered in the interviews he gives. Of course he's going to verbalise his disappointment about having to leave the club he loves when faced with a microphone. Sharp will probably think he can still do a job for the Blades when he's 50 - it's in his nature.
He's not trying to cause division between the fans and club, he's giving an honest assessment of a situation that has left him disappointed. No one can question Billy's love for United and he wouldn't go out of his way to purposefully damage the club.
For what it's worth, I think the club made the correct call on Sharp's United career, as painful as it may be for both player and fans.

Historically it has been the case that the manager signs the players There was a to do about who signs players under Wilder. It's obvious now that the traditional structure has changed for better or worse. That's the biggest take away from this for me. Sharp isn't wrong.

• Banned
Go on then. I'll bite.

It's been great over the last few weeks not having to read the fuckin drivel you regularly spout, especially since you grandly announced that you weren't going to post on this forum again.

You're fuckin toxic and I'll lay myself wide open to a first ever infraction by saying that you are a full weight utter cunt.

How am I been toxic ?

I’m calling out sharp attempting to create division between the team and the Board

And that’s an infraction sir

He might not be what he once was but at least he can stay fit which isn’t what can be said for our other attacking options. We’re desperate for forward thinking players, not just strikers and his frustration will be just like ours as fans as he sees everything going on.

He was asked if he thought he could still do a job for us this season and he said yes. He mentioned PH as wanting to give him another year to presumably justify his answer.

For what it’s worth he’s hardly going to say no I don’t think I’m up to it is he

How you can read his comments to mean he is trying to cause a divide is baffling.

I’ll give the benefit of the doubt and suggest you’re a WUM rather then someone who lacks intelligence

How am I been toxic ?

I’m calling out sharp attempting to create division between the team and the Board

And that’s an infraction sir
Well I must've missed this bit

That's just a very very poor interpretation of what was said.
And no if he wanted too much then he should've gone but no part of that interview is having a pop at anybody.

Go on then. I'll bite.

I hope you get off for previous good behaviour 😂

Time waits for no man. He'll be 38 during the season.

Name the 38 year olds that aren't multi-capped internationals, that will be turning out in the PL next season and are outfield players as well.

I'll wait...

Well I must've missed this bit

That's just a very very poor interpretation of what was said.
And no if he wanted too much then he should've gone but no part of that interview is having a pop at anybody.

He doesnt have to say what he is saying he is playing the club and hecky off against each other

I love sharp he is a legend but the way he has had to be forcibly removed from the club instead of accepting that he wasnt getting a contract is not the way you should act

Fair play to Bettis for making the right decision and not letting sharp dictate who does what

I'm sure Billy would have wanted to go out on his own terms but based on his goalscoring record last season and the fact that he was at the end of his contract was the correct time for him to go. The board have done the right thing in telling PH that he can't keep everyone and that some of them weren't worth keeping, Stevens being another whose race was run and Fleck, even though he's still here.

We can't possibly have carried a 38 year old Billy Sharp in the PL next season, he's no Zlatan unfortunately.

And that single sentence to you says that Billy Sharp is sowing division ? I think you need to check in for a psychiatric evaluation Mr/Ms Fallowfield

Sometimes it is best to quit whilst you are manageably ahead although by Sharp's high standards not the best season last season, he will be disappointed with some of the chances that he didn't take too. The falling off in pace/speeding up in defence was clear to see. Although absolutely love the bloke would rather see him go out on a high, rather than have a season where he might play a game in the League cup and FA Cup along with a possible desperate few 5 minutes in the Premiership and he could have been a hero next season, think of a similar season situation 2006 scoring a last minute winner vs Wigan at the kop end of BDTBL would have given him a Steel Knighthood but it could have turned zero and a proper low, imagine him trying too hard and getting sent off by VAR due to a heated "meaty" challenge everything he has done over the year would have gone in a few seconds, with the blame of the season on him. In summary top bloke, right time to call it a day.

He is bitter but sadly football move on.

Billy has got a point, we gave Fleck and Osborn new deals....

He was our top scorer in 21/22.

Now is the right time, as his drop off this past 12 months has been dramatic, but I don't think you could have argued a case before.

He was poor that season he just had MGW / Ndiaye / Berge supplying him

Conor sammon would have score 10/15 in that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom