Snow given for Wednesday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Since most of our team seem to be from north of the border a bit of snow won't bother them.

Snow has been forecast for Wednesday afternoon/evening, hope its not enough to affect the Spurs game.

49218.jpg

Brilliant brilliant day, the amout of Yids there that day was ridiculous. 8k in the ground & several thousand locked out. Great memories.
I had a soft spot for Spurs when they signed Ardiles & Villa. I still remember watching on ITV their lovely combination just before John Duncan scoring Spurs' 1st goal against Chelsea in August 1978. Four weeks later I came home for the weekend from my boarding school (a schoolfriend of mine stayed at my house for the weekend), the Blades were playing at West Ham which was "too far for us" so my dad took us to watch Man City v Spurs. Man City won 2-0 and Villa had a poor game. I cheered for Spurs in the 1981 FA Cup final and the replay was one of the best ever games!

Maybe if we're playing it at Ringinglow, or up Mam Tor. BBC forecast for Sheffield is for snow from 9:00 pm for Woodseats, which is of course the best bit. :D

I hope it doesn't come down too heavy, I plan to get the half ten 272 bus back out into the sticks at Bradwell. I am also hoping there is no extra time, it will make for a long walk home.

I bet the snow won't be 'Scunthorpe' type snow but instead will be 'Aston Villa' style snow

Snow wont halt the Yid Army's long march north ;)

Do you expect any thing before the game to mark the aniversary of Auschwitz being liberated?

I'd be suprised if there wasn't a minutes round of applause for Ken Furthy who managed us in the '70's and passed 17 January.

Not sure how they would tie both in as clapping seems inappropriate for Auschwitz.

I had a soft spot for Spurs when they signed Ardiles & Villa. I still remember watching on ITV their lovely combination just before John Duncan scoring Spurs' 1st goal against Chelsea in August 1978. Four weeks later I came home for the weekend from my boarding school (a schoolfriend of mine stayed at my house for the weekend), the Blades were playing at West Ham which was "too far for us" so my dad took us to watch Man City v Spurs. Man City won 2-0 and Villa had a poor game. I cheered for Spurs in the 1981 FA Cup final and the replay was one of the best ever games!
I had a soft spot for Spurs when they signed Tony Galvin in the late 70s. I played with him in a University society game against the French society. They had a guy who played for St Ettiene, then the powerhouse fo French football, and were trashing evetyone. One of our team had been at school with Tony and persuaded him to turn out for us, even though he was pro-ing for someone else. We won 5-2, most of the goals from Tony's crosses. It was great to see him go on to get FA Cup and UEFA cup winners medals, and his gesture in turning out for us even outweighed his subsequent move to Wednesday.

I had a soft spot for Spurs when they signed Tony Galvin in the late 70s. I played with him in a University society game against the French society. They had a guy who played for St Ettiene, then the powerhouse fo French football, and were trashing evetyone. One of our team had been at school with Tony and persuaded him to turn out for us, even though he was pro-ing for someone else. We won 5-2, most of the goals from Tony's crosses. It was great to see him go on to get FA Cup and UEFA cup winners medals, and his gesture in turning out for us even outweighed his subsequent move ot Wednesday.

Glad you mentioned the pigs as it puts some prospective on it, I was wondering as I read it.

I had a soft spot for Spurs when they signed Tony Galvin in the late 70s. I played with him in a University society game against the French society. They had a guy who played for St Ettiene, then the powerhouse fo French football, and were trashing evetyone. One of our team had been at school with Tony and persuaded him to turn out for us, even though he was pro-ing for someone else. We won 5-2, most of the goals from Tony's crosses. It was great to see him go on to get FA Cup and UEFA cup winners medals, and his gesture in turning out for us even outweighed his subsequent move to Wednesday.

Tony lived in the same student house as a couple of my mates.I can remember him joining in kick about games in their back garden. I think he could have gone to Spurs earlier but wanted to finish his degree first before he signed for them. Not much chance of that happening nowadays I'd have thought.

About as likely as a player taking a cut in wages and dropping a division to sign for a club he loved

Tony lived in the same student house as a couple of my mates.I can remember him joining in kick about games in their back garden. I think he could have gone to Spurs earlier but wanted to finish his degree first before he signed for them. Not much chance of that happening nowadays I'd have thought.

About as likely as a player taking a cut in wages and dropping a division to sign for a club he loved
He got a degree in Russian studies!

Maybe if we're playing it at Ringinglow, or up Mam Tor. BBC forecast for Sheffield is for snow from 9:00 pm for Woodseats, which is of course the best bit. :D
need to switch venue to hallams ground that would sort out the southern softies
and forget to heat the changing rooms as well :D

I wonder how many players from either side will be big girls and wear tights - suspect it will be United 1 Spurs 6 - thought it worth mentioning as it will be the only thing of interest to the spurs fans as their season effectively ends on Wednesday night and they can concentrate on yet another team rebuild for next season.

Cyprus , Snoods , gloves and tights will be the order of the day for Spurs.

Blades on the pitch will keep us supporters warm in the stands ( even them in the platinum )

UTB

He got a degree in Russian studies!
It was a popular degree then. We once discovered a secret ( ie it wasn't on the map) military base, which we drove round the perimeter a couple of days, with tow guys in the car speaking Russian into radios before a couple of military police vehicles appeared and we had to scarper quickly.

I wonder how many players from either side will be big girls and wear tights - suspect it will be United 1 Spurs 6 - thought it worth mentioning as it will be the only thing of interest to the spurs fans as their season effectively ends on Wednesday night and they can concentrate on yet another team rebuild for next season.

Who wore his wife's tights in the 70s . A winger . Good player.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom