Positives (23/24 season edition)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DaddyDozy

Jacob Esan
Reaction score
Alright, enough with all the doom and gloom…

Obviously gutted with the result today given the hard work and graft the lads put in. But having had time to calm down and reflect, there are a certainly few positives we can take away.

Here are some to get the ball rolling:
  • Foderingham, Robinson and McBurnie (before the red card) were all excellent;
  • We’ve got the whole Spurs fan-base “rattled” (as Wrexham would say);
  • We haven’t been blown away in any match yet, and we’ve played two of the best/in-form teams in City and Spurs;
  • We’re improving with every game and the new players will only gel in more as the season goes on (so long as we don’t get our heads down);
  • We have a good group of young players in the squad, especially the likes of Hamer and Souza;
  • There are some poor teams around us as the bottom of the league;
  • Wednesday are crap in the league below.
Keep them coming…

I agree with some of those points, particularly that we’ve not been rolled over by anyone, we’ve been in every game even despite the fact that most of the team are still getting to know one another. Hopefully we’ll start picking up some wins including the odd surprise one as the team gets better.
Whether it will be enough to keep us up is another matter entirely.

We’re not getting hammered and hopefully we get those wins from the teams around us who’ve started worse than we have.

All the goals we've scored so far have been quality finishes, so we look capable of getting a goal in any game.

Hi Stegosaurus here

We haven't looked bad in any of our games, and have only lost points because of individial idiocy. Most of our games come from one player or another dropping a bollock.

I don't know if that's positive or negative, actually. I mean, it's positive that if it weren't for individual cock-ups we'd be doing alright. But it's a negative that we have made so many individual cock-ups.

We have a few bright new recruits who will hopefully stick around next season or bring real money into the club in the worst case scenario.

The TEAM will only get better and to be honest I never expected it to reach it's full potential till around Christmas time..
We need that win though as soon as possible please,
To give the lads that winning boost and every game we are getting closer....... 👍

Agree with most of the points.

Also think we were a bit unlucky in certain situations when half chances did occur and nothing really fell out way.

A few were dead on their feet (McB, Archer especially)at around the 80 minute mark but bench wasn't that great.

McAtee put a real shift in and that was good to see.

Spurs are not as good as they think they are. No way they're gonna finish top six.

Given how the lads frustrated City and Spurs, I don't see wins against Everton, Burnley, Luton, Bournemouth and Wolves (28 points) being too far out of reach.

Everyone seems a bit down in the dumps today, so the best thing in these situations is to think of the positives:

1. We managed to not concede a penalty.
2. We continue to average 2 goals scored per game through the last three games.

As if I could find 3, lols.

Someone? Anyone?

Everyone seems a bit down in the dumps today, so the best thing in these situations is to think of the positives:

Someone? Anyone?
BBD looks a good signing (before he had to come off)
Osula is starting to look like a decent player and could hit double figures next season in the Championship.
Brooks also looks like making it as a genuine first team player.

Alright, enough with all the doom and gloom…

Obviously gutted with the result today given the hard work and graft the lads put in. But having had time to calm down and reflect, there are a certainly few positives we can take away.

Here are some to get the ball rolling:
  • Foderingham, Robinson and McBurnie (before the red card) were all excellent;
  • We’ve got the whole Spurs fan-base “rattled” (as Wrexham would say);
  • We haven’t been blown away in any match yet, and we’ve played two of the best/in-form teams in City and Spurs;
  • We’re improving with every game and the new players will only gel in more as the season goes on (so long as we don’t get our heads down);
  • We have a good group of young players in the squad, especially the likes of Hamer and Souza;
  • There are some poor teams around us as the bottom of the league;
  • Wednesday are crap in the league below.
Keep them coming…
Would this form part of the clubs charm offensive that I have imagined, intended to drum up interest in players we have been trying to jettison ??

Maybe 😉.

UTB

My positives are:

1. By us losing crucial games to Luton and Palace we’re not going to spend crazy money in a desperate attempt to stay up. It’s cash we can preserve to fund a promotion push next season

2. I wanted to see how Slimane would do from the start, rather than him getting cameos from the bench. Well we got the answer as to why last night and he’s categorically not ready / good enough.

3. Grbic’s concussion means that we shouldn’t do anything rash and sell Wes before deadline today. Wes isn’t up to it, but that would have been a daft decision to bin him right now.

4. RND shows no ill effects from his long layoff and will be a plus for next season

5. Wilder has improved us going forward, but has got a shit ton of other problems to solve. Despite our frustrations and lack of points, my gut feeling is he can solve them

I hope we sell Wes so we can sign a young keeper with the potential to be better next season than any keeper we currently have at the club

Someone? Anyone?
The end of the season is one match closer than it was 🤷🏽

We know we are down already. We have a 16? game trial period for the players and for CW to assess who he wants to have sticking around for next season.

Second plus. We can have an enormous clear out in May. All that dead wood can be cut away.

Third plus. We can just try to enjoy the games now as there is absolutely no pressure on the team and it's just about professional pride now and trying to win a game of football on any given day. The points for each game now are of no consequence.

Selling Berge and Ndiaye, they wouold had been worth 0 a side of Norwood, Fleck and Osborne.

We scored 2 away goals and were leading the game twice, that's something new and exiting.

We looked good and fresh in first few games after manager chnaged, so we are capable for more than team is showing. Let's dig the extra "something" out of the players again!

Ben the loanee has amazed in the first few games! Let's hope he continues to deliver and maybe spark others as well, like MGW and Ndiaye have done in past seasons.

We’ve got the squad already (as long as RND/McBurnie sign contracts) to piss the championship.

Would this form part of the clubs charm offensive that I have imagined, intended to drum up interest in players we have been trying to jettison ??

Maybe 😉.

UTB

Looking back, it’s actually quite depressing how none of these positives apply anymore…

We’re not getting hammered and hopefully we get those wins from the teams around us who’ve started worse than we have.
Ohhhh shit, written one week before Newcastle. We were all so innocent and hopeful back then.

Back
Top Bottom