How's work been today?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I work outside of Sheffield, primarily in Chesĥire.... In my neck of the woods you have fans of both Manchester Clubs and both Liverpool clubs.

Even they said that they turned it off because it was too painful to watch!

• Wow
Reactions: MKY

Some gentle ribbing from a few pig fan mates, but they can’t properly take the piss because of the complete shambles that their club is at the moment!!!! Work with gooners & spurs fans mostly & they just winced when they saw me. Always get the impression though that fans of the so called big clubs don’t really like us muckying up their league. Like when someone unsavoury turns up to a party they weren’t invited to.

I work in London so no hassle today, but my son has had several people asking what 2 x 4 is at school today - fair play😂

I was saved the jip by Plymouth beating the Canaries 6 - 2.

We were all licking our wounds together in a bonding of despair, pity, horror and embarrassment.

HH

Not at work, but at a supermarket. Bloke on the checkout was in his 60’s I’d say. Asked where I was from, I said “near Sheffield”, then he said “didn’t they lose 8 nil yesterday?”. I told him that I wasn’t talking about football today and he just laughed and told me how his dad used to play ‘soccer’ in the area during the 1940’s so he’s a big follower of the PL.

He then told me that as a recently promoted team we didn’t look to be hanging around for too long 🤣

When I walked into boozer yesterday it was like I was the postcode lottery lot knocking on door. Gunna take a while for this to blow over for me.

20230925_155055.jpg20230925_155100.jpg

was greeted by these when I got to work, one in my drawer, the other inside my laptop. I'm surrounded by a Newcastle fan, a West Ham fan, a Leeds fan, a Notts Forrest (intentional) fan and a Man U fan, so I just had to sit there and take it all day. in a way it actually made me feel a lot better. might have felt different if it was a Wednesday bastard dishing it out though

In the end it wasn't too bad considering. The main pelter I got from a Wednesday fan about them beating in them cup basically is only a Wednesday fan insofar as their dad told them once they were and they periodically remember when there's a cup game or a particularly good result (so not often). You can't really do the banter thing with them because they genuinely don't know enough about their own team for any of the blows to land. I think they know bannan plays for them and that's about it. For instance the Swansea jibe didn't work because they didn't know they'd lost to Swansea the day before.

The main Wednesday fan there has his head screwed on and we've never really done the banter thing but just commiserate with how crap our teams are. He sees supporting them as a penance and recently told me the games he looks forward to the most are the ones he can't get to. He just said "sorry" and that was it.

I did get crap from a generic twitter era PL fan. Arsenal (though could've sworn he was a man utd fan when he first started). A real condescending prick whenever you talk football who talks to any supporter of a lower league team like you would to someone who was watching their first game. This goes into overdrive if said team gets promoted to the PL. He once started explaining the offside rule to 50 year old Norwich fan. Yesterday he kept telling me what a bad result it was, presumably he didn't think I'd grasped that. Think the Norwich fan always had the best approach: congratulated him on his vast football knowledge and asked him what he did with his spare time before 2016.

So glad I live in Liverpool and work from home. The rest of my team is national based, I think one of them is a Geordie, but not heard from him yet. Glad I am not visiting our Durham office anytime soon, they were alot of them in there!

So glad I live in Liverpool and work from home. The rest of my team is national based, I think one of them is a Geordie, but not heard from him yet. Glad I am not visiting our Durham office anytime soon, they were alot of them in there!
If we get slapped and got some pisstaking to come I can take it from proper fans, its people who 'support' a club miles away from where they grew up that boils my piss.

All the Man Utd , Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs fans in my job ( well I am in Dublin )
Just said what the fuck happened yesterday D
Shrugged mi shoulders said we were shit then moved on
I knew it wouldn’t be to bad

I'm at the other end of the country so no Wednesday fans to deal with. Saw one extended family member yesterday (big 6 supporter) who'd left my house at 3-0... very kindly he didn't mention the match at all.

Just a few messages in a family WhatsApp, but started with one of my Wednesday cousins simply saying "Football is rubbish". All self-pitying from there, no piss taking.

Cousin (dirty l×××s fan) messaged me with laughter, just told him to get fucked conversation over.

I can take it from them. It's the plastic lot that can get fucked
You mean all of the foreign Premier League 'fans' that's never stepped foot in this country? - never mind actually attending a match for the team that they support. They're all over social media and the majority are so full of shit.

These are the true plastic fan imo

If we get slapped and got some pisstaking to come I can take it from proper fans, its people who 'support' a club miles away from where they grew up that boils my piss.
Out last night. The only stick I got, all night, was from people who've never been to a game in their life. The proper football fans were fine. Decided I shouldn't really punch anyone, so just sucked it up with a wry smile.

Life must be great if your not bothered about football , just great !

Imagine going through life without feeling a murderous rage in reaction to United losing.

Or the pure unadulterated ecstacy of United getting a draw...

I thought the Newcastle fans at the game were very gracious too.

Whether it was the Maddy tributes I don't know but apart from a brief 'are you Sunlan in disguise' they just backed their club and didn't rubbish us or rub it in.
Even our disguise was shit. We play in the same fucking colours.

One of the blessings of living and working abroad is the lack of pig fans encountered after a bad result.

However, it was my birthday yesterday and one of the few mates back home who's a pig fan posted this on my facebook:

"Happy birthday m8, hope you have a gr8 day."

One of the blessings of living and working abroad is the lack of pig fans encountered after a bad result.

However, it was my birthday yesterday and one of the few mates back home who's a pig fan posted this on my facebook:

Quite clever for a pig.

For a country thats doesn't consider football their first sport it surprised me when people here knew we had lost 8-0, normally United never get a mention yet strangely several people asked me about this result - thought I avoided this conversation, clearly i couldnt escape it.

Back
Top Bottom