Selection dilemma: Up front vs Yeovil

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would be your lone striker vs Yeovil?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

To be honest bergs, I'd go two up top at home with higdon and macnulty. Jcr and Murphy banging those crosses in.
That's the way to go I think.

Yes, I'm sure we'll see it at some stage, but having heard Clough's last interview I thought he sounded happy with the 4-5-1? Who would you play in a two man central midfield if Wallace isn't ready?

I've gone for McNulty like I presume most others will, but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised, or disappointed if it was Higdon. He'd just started to find some form before his sending off and I'm sure he is desperate to kick on now.

Higdon with Baxter behind, McNulty is an impact player like JCR.
I don't agree that McNulty is only an impact player,i think he's a very good and clever footballer.The only reason he is seen like that atm is because that's how Cloughy is playing him.He's much better than just an impact player and you have to start him for me.

Anyway,just because you sponsor Higdon's shirt...........:D

STILL need a 'sniffer' type striker a la Keith Edwardsish,we have too many loose balls in the opp box that need someone just to latch on to,I think that type of player will finish us off nicely ...:)

Think whatever the formation Mcnulty deserves a run up front. Hasn't let us down and minutes to goals ratio is very good.

McNulty won't start Tuesday. That much was obvious from Nigel's post match interview on Saturday. Apparently he still does a lot of silly things. God knows what.

Higdon up front, if Baxter is fit enough, I'd play him in midfield.

Should be 2 men up front. Higdon and mcnulty

Why not 4 4 2 at home? Nults and Higs.

I know a lot of people want us to play 4-4-2, and that's a debate of it's own. But if Clough has decided to stick with 4-5-1 for the time being it's also interesting to discuss which players he should pick within that formation, and that's what this poll is about.

Revolution and breeny, who would you pick in central midfield in a 4-4-2 if Wallace is still injured?

I should imagine Higdon being out for three games has set his fitness back about 18 months.

As Higdon is useful in 20 minute spells I'd start McNulty and bring Higdon on at 0-1 with 10 to play + 12 minutes "injury" time. I should imagine the ref has already started adding on for Yeovil's time wasting.

I know a lot of people want us to play 4-4-2, and that's a debate of it's own. But if Clough has decided to stick with 4-5-1 for the time being it's also interesting to discuss which players he should pick within that formation, and that's what this poll is about.

Revolution and breeny, who would you pick in central midfield in a 4-4-2 if Wallace is still injured?

Jesus, is Wallace injured again?

With a heavy heart, I'd choose Basham. And I'd take the game to them with Murph and JCR out wide. Screw 3 in the middle. Let them worry about us, not the other way round.

I should imagine Higdon being out for three games has set his fitness back about 18 months.

As Higdon is useful in 20 minute spells I'd start McNulty and bring Higdon on at 0-1 with 10 to play + 12 minutes "injury" time. I should imagine the ref has already started adding on for Yeovil's time wasting.
I will still be laughing my bollocks off at this post tonight.Quality G2000.:D

Is two upfront a complete write off then nowerdays?

No, but if we play 4-5-1 in every match for the rest of this season, I think we should differentiate between two topics:

• which players should we select in the current 4-5-1 system?
  • should we play another system?
This poll is about the first topic.

With a midfield two of basham and Doyle? Not keen myself

Jesus, is Wallace injured again?

With a heavy heart, I'd choose Basham. And I'd take the game to them with Murph and JCR out wide. Screw 3 in the middle. Let them worry about us, not the other way round.

It could work, but agree with sheffielder that it's not ideal with them two playmaking in a game we're expected to dominate.

4-2-3-1

Mcnulty

Murphy Baxter JCR

Doyle Wallace(If Fit)

Harris Collins(whateverhappenedtohim) McCarthy Alcock

Howard

striker.JPG

so as at 1.15 on the day of the match we have 76% wanting Mcnulty - wonder if we are going to get our wish?

UTB

You just never know with Clough this season,i doubt it but i hope i'm wrong.

Cloughie has gone on record as saying Mcnulty gives away too many free kicks - as though that is the reason he doesn't start - seems a bit of a strange decision to me. By the same reason, Mcgahey (who I like) wouldn't get a game ever!

UTB

Cloughie has gone on record as saying Mcnulty gives away too many free kicks - as though that is the reason he doesn't start - seems a bit of a strange decision to me. By the same reason, Mcgahey (who I like) wouldn't get a game ever!

UTB
I don't get that too,he sticks a foot in so what,we've been missing that from a lot of the squad in this division for years now,get him started.Atleast if he gives a free kick away up the pitch,they're not starting attacks up,and like you say,McGahey who i like also would never kick a ball again for us if that was the case,as with a couple of the others who do the same.

I don't get that too,he sticks a foot in so what,we've been missing that from a lot of the squad in this division for years now,get him started.Atleast if he gives a free kick away up the pitch,they're not starting attacks up,and like you say,McGahey who i like also would never kick a ball again for us if that was the case,as with a couple of the others who do the same.
He did give a stupid free kick away with one of his first touches at Bradford... But do you really leave your goalscorer on the bench for that reason?

Back
Top Bottom