Pre-Season 2023/24 Rotherham United v Sheffield United - 25th July 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know these are friendlies but I'd quite like to see a few more shots hitting the target.

I’ve watched Harrison Neal on numerous occasions from the age of fifteen upwards, he’s invariably looked a class above anyone else on the pitch.

Why he’s never had the first team opportunities other players from the academy have had, is beyond me?
Because he has no pace.

Neal did well and looks like a decent player but he didn't look very mobile. No pace and a sort of awkward style that made him look like he lacked any real athleticism or agility. It's hard to form a full opinion after one friendly game, especially on physicality when fitness is nowhere near where it needs to be, but that would be my takeaway.

Because he has no pace.
Maybe, but if you’d watched him you’d know, he’s always been 10 yards quicker in his head, than any one else at the club.

You don’t need ten sprinters in a football team, but you do need someone, who can consistently see and play the right ball to exploit the pace, that other players have.

Tony Currie, Jan Molby, Kenny Dalglish, Paul Scholes and even Tommy Doyle aren’t or weren’t blessed with pace. Are you not giving them a game either? 🤨

A lot of the time Neal had the ability to be in the right position to affect the game, so although he obviously lacked a bit of pace at times he could deal with situations well and I thought he looked neat and confident on the ball. Hopefully a bright future for the lad.

I like Harrison always have although I’ve thought he does lack a few things. He played really well yesterday so hopefully it will have done his confidence the world of good and he can push on now, but it really is now or never for his United career imo, he’s not a young lad anymore he’s 22 and so at that age not only should he be pushing the more senior players for a starting spot he also had the younger players to contend with catching him up and possibly overtaking him in the pecking order in the very near future.

Maybe, but if you’d watched him you’d know, he’s always been 10 yards quicker in his head, than any one else at the club.

You don’t need ten sprinters in a football team, but you do need someone, who can consistently see and play the right ball to exploit the pace, that other players have.

Tony Currie, Jan Molby, Kenny Dalglish, Paul Scholes and even Tommy Doyle aren’t or weren’t blessed with pace. Are you not giving them a game either? 🤨
I've heard some daft comparisons in my time but that takes the buiscit.

Been reflecting on this a bit and I think my biggest takeaway from the match last night was the amount of teenage lads ardently wearing their Acquascutum and Burberry scarves, despite the mild weather.

Can anyone hook me up with a spare programme from this game? Couldn't find any available at the away end :(

happy to pay / add postage etc

Back
Top Bottom