"Replacements lined up"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't think you can replace the irreplaceable in Ndaiye's case. It's probably just a general "we have other players coming in". Am waiting in hope to the end of the window.🤞🤞

Only because planning for this season is shambolic and Hecky has been shafted. The board has a good idea how much money is available, has happily taken money for drain tickets, sold best players and so far we are not near enough being competitive. Apart from that, all good

Why do some people always want to have a go, not everything is ideal obviously but for fucks sake take a tablet
It's beginning to get to me too BB.
So much negativity from so many people.
I think I have a reasonable level of intelligence, so try and accept that there's loads happening in the background that we're not aware of.
The same people so quick to point to the Ndiaye sale as bad business (could/should we really have kept him anyway?) never mention the signing of Hamer, and no doubt, if or when we do add further reinforcements will either bemoan the fact that we took so long, or give it the old, 'well that's a surprise, well done United. Great transfer window'
Surely it's better to wait and land our preferred targets? I mean, let's face it, we were never going to win the league, and if by doing business the way we are means staying up, I'll take that all day long.

"We won't be rushed & won't pay over the odds" = other sides (with more money) targeting our targets = targets going elsewhere or getting to the end of the window & panic buying over the odds any way.

Don't know much about how this haggling thingy works, but, would have thought the seller wants as much as he can get and the buyer to pay as little as he can ..?
So when the window is dew to close,
if the seller hasn't got his asking price but still wants to sell,
at the 11th hour he will hopefully accept the nearest offer ....

Thank you... :rolleyes:

We have now significantly improved our position for next season making this one pretty much a write off which was the case anyway unless we spent what forest did IMO. good buisness for the future I'd say.

We have now significantly improved our position for next season making this one pretty much a write off which was the case anyway unless we spent what forest did IMO. good buisness for the future I'd say.
This season is not a write off we have to try and remain in this division. If we plan for next season in the championship we will lose players that have performed well this season like Hamer. The time is now not 12 months down the road trying to get back to where we already are

So far Wolves and Everton are imploding and there are others that we can compete against in order to stay up.
As has been said many times let’s see what the team looks like after 10 games and how many points have we got.

I dont think the Prince realises that with everly loss he's losing atleast 2 million.Come the end of the season he'll be down 78 million with his valuation of the club.
We are obvoiusly looking to rebound the year after with the best the championship can offer.Lets just enjoy the prem and go again with a new owner/s.
Utb

Its undefendable. Selling to reinvest and improve the long term outlook is justifiable even if you disagree with it and having all the deals lined up at the same time is prudent. What we have done makes little since whatsoever

Don't worry about Ndiaye going, we've got a list of replacements lined up.

Think we all know now this was without doubt, bollocks.
Yeah, and we under valued every single one of them massively. We will look abroad again.

The frustrating thing at the moment appears to be strikers? We just cant seem to land one, and although not in our plan (27 yrs old) Akpom seemed to be a reasonable price at 10m but apparently our board wouldn't sanction that? Amazing really. My concern is what we have up front is just not clinical enough (and I'm certainly not knocking them). McBurney will probably spend half the season injured, Brewster I'm sorry to say we'll probably never see him again for a full season. So where does that leave us? People can rave about performances but you have to put the ball in the onion bag. The prime example (for those old enough to remember) was Sir Keith Edwards. He could be anonymous for 89 mins but come up with all important goal! Remember Wigan in 1981 (I think)! Its all about finishing!

Don't know much about how this haggling thingy works, but, would have thought the seller wants as much as he can get and the buyer to pay as little as he can ..?
So when the window is dew to close,
if the seller hasn't got his asking price but still wants to sell,
at the 11th hour he will hopefully accept the nearest offer ....

Thank you... :rolleyes:
why don't we sell our players like that?

I reckon we will end up panic buying Archer for 20 million and he will be like Brewster. Not the injury stuff but wont score.

The list of replacements may as well have included Mbappe and Haaland. With how united close deals, none ever likely to happen. Even if they do come in by the end of the window, 10% of your chance (games)of points has been and gone

It is annoying I agree

However, Hecky identifies Archer, Akpom, Hamer, Souza, Piroe and a couple of others

Some are in……

Do we pay over the odds as Villa try to fry bum us - we fans would kick off if we just paid the asking price, look at the protracted deal length of Kane & Mitro, and the buying clubs are richer than us

Would anyone not a Blade choose SUFC over Ajax?

Deals take time, would prefer them dine early, but they will land then we kick on

Back
Top Bottom