Will we already have new players lined up ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You can bet your boots we do. Our recruitment is in good hands.

I know we had another Anel type signing in the works in the form of the Moroccan player Azzedine Ounahi.

Unfortunately for us, he had a brilliant World Cup and signed for Marseille in January for 10 million.

But we have more of that ilk on our radar, I'm sure.
That would've given me a throb on.

Any transfer fee's to be paid out needs to be on good outstanding youngsters with a smattering of older experienced players on loan
I get the feeling hecky knows what he wants and won't throw his budget away on panic buys and on waste of time over the hill (crocked) players looking for a last pay day
I'd always take a good outstanding youngster over a bad outstanding youngster

Luton must have some decent players, maybe not household names, but well worth a look at

Luton must have some decent players, maybe not household names, but well worth a look at
It's going to be tremendously difficult, even the relegation threatened prem teams are paying players £50-60k a week,

It's going to be tremendously difficult, even the relegation threatened prem teams are paying players £50-60k a week,

Wages are an excuse. You can find some really young talented gems overseas on low wages.

Who would be happy to take wages we can afford.

Obviously it's about finding those gems before other teams and then them becoming unattainable.

Wages are an excuse. You can find some really young talented gems overseas on low wages.

Obviously it's about finding those gems before other teams and then them becoming unattainable.
That's possible but they can also take 3-4 months to adjust to the premier League which we can't afford,

That's possible but they can also take 3-4 months to adjust to the premier League which we can't afford,

That doesnt neccessarily have to be the point.

The point being picking up these young gems who are only on peanuts currently, may not be premier league ready but easily too good for the Championship.

That way if we do end up getting relegated we have players ready to get us promoted again or alternatively sell them for a lot more than we pick them up for.

Our promotion has given us a lot more pull factor to now bring in these young talents outside of the UK

That doesnt neccessarily have to be the point.

The point being picking up these young gems who are only on peanuts currently, may not be premier league ready but easily too good for the Championship.

That way if we do end up getting relegated we have players ready to get us promoted again or alternatively sell them for a lot more than we pick them up for.

Our promotion has given us a lot more pull factor to now bring in these young talents outside of the UK
It depends on the club's direction I suppose, but I can pretty much guarantee if we buy loads of young talents on peanuts that may not be premier League ready , we take the IF out of IF we get relegated

this is page 2 of five prem experienced players out of contract by June 1st

Jordan AyewJordan Ayew
Centre-Forward
Sep 11, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Serge AurierSerge Aurier
Right-Back
Dec 24, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Jan Paul van HeckeJan Paul van Hecke
Centre-Back
Jun 8, 2000 (22)Jun 30, 2023€4.00m
Diego CostaDiego Costa
Centre-Forward
Oct 7, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Nampalys MendyNampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Jun 23, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Neeskens KebanoNeeskens Kebano
Left Winger
Mar 10, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jack StaceyJack Stacey
Right-Back
Apr 6, 1996 (27)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Nathaniel ClyneNathaniel Clyne
Right-Back
Apr 5, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
WillianWillian
Left Winger
Aug 9, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jonny EvansJonny Evans
Centre-Back
Jan 3, 1988 (35)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Andros TownsendAndros Townsend
Right Winger
Jul 16, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Aaron CresswellAaron Cresswell
Left-Back
Dec 15, 1989 (33)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Shane DuffyShane Duffy
Centre-Back
Jan 1, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Luka MilivojevicLuka Milivojevic
Defensive Midfield
Apr 7, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m

I stopped reading at the first name

We don't have European scouts. I feel it's unlikely that we're going to discover European gems ahead of clubs with scouts in the countries where they play and then keep our offer secret.

I’m pretty sure we’ll have targets we’ve been looking at in preparation for either a champ or prem season
We should have a continuous list of targets we are monitoring.

Unless the Scouting and Recruitment team do part time at B&Q 9 months per year only to skip into action for the summer and winter windows.

As Roy Keane would say "baby"

Sorry I mean "that's your job"!

this is page 2 of five prem experienced players out of contract by June 1st

Jordan AyewJordan Ayew
Centre-Forward
Sep 11, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Serge AurierSerge Aurier
Right-Back
Dec 24, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€6.00m
Jan Paul van HeckeJan Paul van Hecke
Centre-Back
Jun 8, 2000 (22)Jun 30, 2023€4.00m
Diego CostaDiego Costa
Centre-Forward
Oct 7, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Nampalys MendyNampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Jun 23, 1992 (30)Jun 30, 2023€3.50m
Neeskens KebanoNeeskens Kebano
Left Winger
Mar 10, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jack StaceyJack Stacey
Right-Back
Apr 6, 1996 (27)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Nathaniel ClyneNathaniel Clyne
Right-Back
Apr 5, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
WillianWillian
Left Winger
Aug 9, 1988 (34)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Jonny EvansJonny Evans
Centre-Back
Jan 3, 1988 (35)Jun 30, 2023€3.00m
Andros TownsendAndros Townsend
Right Winger
Jul 16, 1991 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Aaron CresswellAaron Cresswell
Left-Back
Dec 15, 1989 (33)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Shane DuffyShane Duffy
Centre-Back
Jan 1, 1992 (31)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
Luka MilivojevicLuka Milivojevic
Defensive Midfield
Apr 7, 1991 (32)Jun 30, 2023€2.50m
The definitive whose who guide to the permanently injured on a big wage list

Until we know the budget, I wouldn't think so but...........

It's not rocket science, of course we've identified suitable PL standard targets many weeks ago and will have already spoken to a few agents.
However of course we aren't making any large bids until we know the budget.

We should try to do some transfer business early but suspect our best buys will be completed late in the transfer window.

I'm not taking any notice of the Hecky comments when he said "we'll use the same players next season"
because even Hecky has no idea what will happen with the takeover and what funds will be made available.

Logic would suggest that any new owner would want to remain in the PL, so he's going to make decent funds available to buy better players.

To start I would go for.
Perm:
Freddie Woodman
Lewis OBrien
Doyle

Loan
McAtee

We need to be busy in the summer and either secure our targets quickly or move on if we get dragged into long drawn out sagas. That did some damage to us last time.

To start I would go for.
Perm:
Freddie Woodman
Lewis OBrien
Doyle

Loan
McAtee

We need to be busy in the summer and either secure our targets quickly or move on if we get dragged into long drawn out sagas. That did some damage to us last time.
WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM?

WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM?

Eh?
We're getting PL money. And those players would be realistic targets. It's not like they will cost £30-40 million each.

If we can't afford to spend £5-10 million on a player or two, after securing promotion then we are royally up shit creek

Eh?
We're getting PL money. And those players would be realistic targets. It's not like they will cost £30-40 million each.

If we can't afford to spend £5-10 million on a player or two, after securing promotion then we are royally up shit creek
P.L. money can't be accessed until July,i believe and Princey is hoping to flog the club before then,maybe not sxxt creek but close.(imho)

P.L. money can't be accessed until July,i believe and Princey is hoping to flog the club before then,maybe not sxxt creek but close.(imho)
We borrow against the projected income, it is also possible to agree deals with players, agents and other clubs which are completed when new contracts start which is usually 1st June.

We borrow against the projected income, it is also possible to agree deals with players, agents and other clubs which are completed when new contracts start which is usually 1st June.
Dont forget some of that money will probably be spent on new contracts for the players that H ecky wants to keep,increased wages e.t.c. I'm sure you're probably right,

We don't have European scouts. I feel it's unlikely that we're going to discover European gems ahead of clubs with scouts in the countries where they play and then keep our offer secret.

If only there was a way to scout, let's say, AZ Alkmaar tonight from the comfort of your own living room. Imagine thinking you need men on the ground on the continent in 2023 when you can watch every relevant game you want from your front room

I know, but as previously explained, is still a close personal friend and subsequent advisor to the Prince assuming he is still involved

Back
Top Bottom