Will we already have new players lined up ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I did say and similar sites...and the speculation will increase now we are a prem team. We will be tagged on to most players on the move. I want us to just consolidate ,not pay monster fees but seek out the many free agents who might cost a bit in wages but can be signed as there's no outlay or just a small fee.
Our record of laying out big fees is not inspiring. More than half the squad who finished 9th cost nothing or peanuts
Ok, I don't think The Athletic is similar to other sites though, that's the point. It generally uses reason and logic rather than shit like The Star and Yorkshire Post who just look on the S24su forum in the rumour mill section and stick an article online based on that!

I think the scouting and planning for premier league football probably started the day Boro drew to Bristol. I’ve felt confident since then and I’m sure the ownership team did too.

I love these lads, but it’s the Premier we’re going into. We can’t hang all our hopes on a 20 and 21year old, who’ve merely had a couple of seasons in the Championship between them. We desperately need to seek out experienced Premier league operators, especially up front and in the middle of the park, and sniffing out potential bargains in and around bloated squads in the Premier league, might be the answer. We simply can’t afford to be sentimental about our dealings.
Signing Doyle on a permanent would be a fantastic piece of business by the club.
I'd also have McAtee back in a heartbeat, seeing his progress this season he could be fantastic next.
That still leaves us another 3 loan options, we need to avoid the older, injury prone mercenaries looking for an easy pay day.

I’m pretty sure we’ll have targets we’ve been looking at in preparation for either a champ or prem season

Hendos wage demands would worry me, there's no point blowing all the prem money on wages
And unbalancing the squad too, cant be paying your keeper more than strikers, how many points has he gained for Forest this time out is questionable and although in a lower half Premier League side you are going to get more shots on target against he only looked confident with a good defensive in front of him.

Ok, I don't think The Athletic is similar to other sites though, that's the point.

its still speculaion though more informed and thoughtful rather than this

I mean Ndiaye to Everton spouted and we will be prem yet they most likely be championship , senseless

but speculation is still speculation yes I agree they tend to be less sensationalistic but like most dont get everything right
there are a lot of trashy sites youd avoid as they are so poor
and some are endless lists from agents
I don't even click on shit like that, someone gets money if I do and they don't deserve it. I'm the same with the Star and YP now as well.

what we need is look at players whose contracts are done in june and assess no fee but wage levels affordable for a season
a current list yes some will be beyond our comfort zone but its a worthwhile trawl through all available
Youri Tielemans (Leicester)

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Ilkay Gundogan (Man City)

N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Caglar Soyuncu (Leicester)

Naby Keita (Liverpool)

Nelson Semedo (Wolves)

Lucas Moura (Tottenham)

Yerry Mina (Everton)

David de Gea (Man Utd)

Adama Traore (Wolves)

Jesse Lingard (Nottingham Forest)

Manuel Lanzini (West Ham)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Liverpool)

Vladimir Coufal (West Ham)

Reiss Nelson (Arsenal)

Diego Costa (Wolves)

Willian (Fulham)

Axel Tuanzebe (Man Utd)
its up to hecky who he thinks has our club mentality of all for one

We will have been looking at top championship/lower prem quality since 2019 🤷‍♂️

a perfect example is Brighton spent 55m euros or 49m quid on their squad this season and had great success
got plenty of frees and released players

Do we really have to go over this yet again?

Brighton, and Brentford, are owned by in effect a professional gambler who's life is ruled by stats and data. Based on this they spend a small fortune on data analysis to guide their transfer approach and have the people in place to make sure that data is used properly. This approach is expensive and timely to set up and get right.

I'd be all for us going down this route but it isn't ever going to happen overnight. If we implemented it this summer it could be years before we see proper results.

Brighton, and Brentford, are owned by in effect a professional gambler who's life is ruled by stats and data. Based on this they spend a small fortune on data analysis to guide their transfer approach and have the people in place to make sure that data is used properly. This approach is expensive and timely to set up and get right.

I'd be all for us going down this route but it isn't ever going to happen overnight. If we implemented it this summer it could be years before we see proper results.
Our biggest signing would be whoever heads up Brighton’s scouting network. Or Brentford‘s. They’ve got it perfected.

when has a stat scored a goal
spurs have emploed stattos for years and won diddly

it might work in baseball but stats can be totally misleading in football , posession being a prime example
brighton buying affordable players is the key ,
stats are ok in fitness as the fitter players are the better they are but Arsene Wenger had that covered a while ago

stats dont really cover players prone to drop clangers
and a glance at the scorers list can show us all we need to know , but thats not changed ,,, well ever

what we need is look at players whose contracts are done in june and assess no fee but wage levels affordable for a season
a current list yes some will be beyond our comfort zone but its a worthwhile trawl through all available
Youri Tielemans (Leicester)

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Ilkay Gundogan (Man City)

N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Caglar Soyuncu (Leicester)

Naby Keita (Liverpool)

Nelson Semedo (Wolves)

Lucas Moura (Tottenham)

Yerry Mina (Everton)

David de Gea (Man Utd)

Adama Traore (Wolves)

Jesse Lingard (Nottingham Forest)

Manuel Lanzini (West Ham)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Liverpool)

Vladimir Coufal (West Ham)

Reiss Nelson (Arsenal)

Diego Costa (Wolves)

Willian (Fulham)

Axel Tuanzebe (Man Utd)
its up to hecky who he thinks has our club mentality of all for one
Right forget all of those. We are not in the same wages league as these players and some we would just be their last pay day

Tony Bloom has put £450 million into Brighton That is nearly half a billion quid. Fair play he is a Brighton supporter and can clearly afford it. The only way we can do "a Brighton" is to find an owner who is similarly as wealthy and prepared to lose a lot of money

Hecky seems more astute than Wilder for sure.

We’ve all heard about Heckys meticulous preparation and planning when he pitches to other clubs in the loan market a’la Man City. Anel could’ve also gone to an array of different clubs but it was us he chose.

I really trust the team in the market but I’d love us to look globally, particularly the South American market. I think this where we try uncover a striker we will badly need.
Absolutely.
Ignore the Barnsley accent, Hecky is very technical, very in depth and very astute in his preparation.
He'll know what he wants and where to find it.
I just hope the ownership debacle doesn't delay his shopping because getting in there fast and early (with the extra cushion of being promoted early let alone going through the playoffs) should be a huge bonus.

when has a stat scored a goal
spurs have emploed stattos for years and won diddly

You're talking utter bollocks as usual and showing how out of touch you really are.

Every team employs managers. Do they all have the same success?

it might work in baseball but stats can be totally misleading in football , posession being a prime example
brighton buying affordable players is the key ,

How exactly do Brighton identify those "affordable players" without everyone else knowing about them as well?

stats dont really cover players prone to drop clangers
and a glance at the scorers list can show us all we need to know , but thats not changed ,,, well ever

If just "looking at the scorers list" is all you need then not sure why Brighton have just spunked £30m on Pedro 🤔

Pedro is without doubt a talent and was always destined for bigger and better than Watford. He’s head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch when he’s not injured. I love him.

He will fit in perfectly at Brighton IMO.

Back
Top Bottom