"Replacements lined up"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont think the Prince realises that with everly loss he's losing atleast 2 million.Come the end of the season he'll be down 78 million with his valuation of the club.
We are obvoiusly looking to rebound the year after with the best the championship can offer.Lets just enjoy the prem and go again with a new owner/s.
Utb
Won't happen mate, the current owner has no desire to sell now, he will still take his £70m back at the end of the season and sell for £90mish if we are relegated.

He may even gamble further and try two more seasons to get back up with parachute payments and player sales. Either way the current owner is not going anywhere quick (sadly).

It is annoying I agree

However, Hecky identifies Archer, Akpom, Hamer, Souza, Piroe and a couple of others

Some are in……

Do we pay over the odds as Villa try to fry bum us - we fans would kick off if we just paid the asking price, look at the protracted deal length of Kane & Mitro, and the buying clubs are richer than us

Would anyone not a Blade choose SUFC over Ajax?

Deals take time, would prefer them dine early, but they will land then we kick on
No one wants to be fry bummed
I actually think akpom would have come but suppose we will never know
Archer I still think could happen but I'm not sure it will work I don't see where the link between midfield and striker is going to come from

Won't happen mate, the current owner has no desire to sell now, he will still take his £70m back at the end of the season and sell for £90mish if we are relegated.

He may even gamble further and try two more seasons to get back up with parachute payments and player sales. Either way the current owner is not going anywhere quick (sadly).
How will he take 70 m back ?

The frustrating thing at the moment appears to be strikers? We just cant seem to land one, and although not in our plan (27 yrs old) Akpom seemed to be a reasonable price at 10m but apparently our board wouldn't sanction that? Amazing really. My concern is what we have up front is just not clinical enough (and I'm certainly not knocking them). McBurney will probably spend half the season injured, Brewster I'm sorry to say we'll probably never see him again for a full season. So where does that leave us? People can rave about performances but you have to put the ball in the onion bag. The prime example (for those old enough to remember) was Sir Keith Edwards. He could be anonymous for 89 mins but come up with all important goal! Remember Wigan in 1981 (I think)! Its all about finishing!
Edwards was a great player for us. But for comparison purposes, it is worth remembering that he played hardly any football in the top division.

Bed wetters are you ever going to stop watching united don't think so players come and go same as owners and management don't kid yourself utb

How will he take 70 m back ?
He has taken out loans for all the TV money over the next 3 years (min £170m). The other debts reported to be £40mish. The current outlay has been vastly supported by player sales. The current owner has put money in, in repayable loans (as all owners rightly do in case of a sale).

He has taken out loans for all the TV money over the next 3 years (min £170m). The other debts reported to be £40mish. The current outlay has been vastly supported by player sales. The current owner has put money in a repayable loans (as all owners rightly do in case of a sale).
So how is he going to take his 70 m back ?

If a Director/Owner of a company puts in personal finance into any business, they can take it back out.
In addition to this didn't the current owner convert £27m of personal input into shares at the back end of last season? Which would be paid upon the sale of the club or could be converted into part ownership of a new model (shares within a company), which we know that he still want's as part of the sale?

If a Director/Owner of a company puts in personal finance into any business, they can take it back out.
If he has taken out loans for all the TV money how is he going to take 70 m out ?

If he has taken out loans for all the TV money how is he going to take 70 m out ?
Fu@@ me, the club has taken out the loan with the vampire bank and has a company owner he can take his personal input back out of the business providing it is still there to be taken, which it will likely currently be judging by the current spending model.

The frustrating thing at the moment appears to be strikers? We just cant seem to land one, and although not in our plan (27 yrs old) Akpom seemed to be a reasonable price at 10m but apparently our board wouldn't sanction that? Amazing really. My concern is what we have up front is just not clinical enough (and I'm certainly not knocking them). McBurney will probably spend half the season injured, Brewster I'm sorry to say we'll probably never see him again for a full season. So where does that leave us? People can rave about performances but you have to put the ball in the onion bag. The prime example (for those old enough to remember) was Sir Keith Edwards. He could be anonymous for 89 mins but come up with all important goal! Remember Wigan in 1981 (I think)! Its all about finishing!
The likes of Wolves & Everton appear to be having exactly the same problem. The goals will need to come from throughout the squad. Gamer’s dead ball deliveries will help with that.

Fu@@ me, the club has taken out the loan with the vampire bank and has a company owner he can take his personal input back out of the business providing it is still there to be taken, which it will likely currently be judging by the current spending model.
So if he has taken out 170 m loan against all future TV moneys ( I'm pretty sure it's only the first season of 110 )
And then he keeps 70 m
How does he pay
A ) the loan back
B) the wages which should be around 70-80 m including bonuses
C ) the debt ,which you put at 40 m

I'd like a bit more explanation than because he's put money I. He can take it back out

So if he has taken out 170 m loan against all future TV moneys ( I'm pretty sure it's only the first season of 110 )
And then he keeps 70 m
How does he pay
A ) the loan back
B) the wages which should be around 70-80 m including bonuses
C ) the debt ,which you put at 40 m

I'd like a bit more explanation than because he's put money I. He can take it back out
Without pulling up the data, the club has taken out a loan for the TV money for the next 3 years. Research it, I am sure that you will find it.

The loan is against the club!

70-80m in wages, are fu@@in@ having a laugh!

Without pulling up the data, the club has taken out a loan for the TV money for the next 3 years. Research it, I am sure that you will find it.

The loan is against the club!

That's how much it was last time we got promoted and I doubt our wage bill is smaller now

The loans against TV money is standard practice amongst premier league clubs and is paid straight back when the Premier league money is divided up

So can you explain how he takes out 70 m into his own pocket from 170 million that has to cover three seasons of wages
Pay back the loan
And pay off the debt

It doesn't add up

Maybe you are just wrong

I was there that night Larry Lloyd had Edwards in his pocket till Morris got to the by-line and pulled the ball back and Edwards got a foot in front of Lloyd sign of a true striker Never give up.

That's how much it was last time we got promoted and I doubt our wage bill is smaller now

The loans against TV money is standard practice amongst premier league clubs and is paid straight back when the Premier league money is divided up

So can you explain how he takes out 70 m into his own pocket from 170 million that has to cover three seasons of wages
Pay back the loan
And pay off the debt

It doesn't add up

Maybe you are just wrong
Why would the current owner be worried about 3 years wages, if he sold next season upon a possible relegation? The only time that he would be worried about 3 years wages, if stayed beyond that.

We won't know this years wage bill until 2 years time, when the account's come out, so we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

The club gets £170m (min) from EPL, this has been paid up front be means of a loan (vampire bank) with obviously interest (8% quoted in the press). If we owed say £40m, then that's down to £130m (bearing mind this is without sponsorship, gate receipts, etc, etc, which could add £20m). So there could be £150m left for this season. Take out running costs, wages this season (which I think will be no more that £40m-£50m by the way).

The current player acquisitions are probably off set by sales (at the minute). So, one could see why he could take his input back out.

I was there that night Larry Lloyd had Edwards in his pocket till Morris got to the by-line and pulled the ball back and Edwards got a foot in front of Lloyd sign of a true striker Never give up.
I was there that night too.
Thought it came from a corner kick.
Edwards lost Lloyd for a second and boom! Kop exploded

Why would the current owner be worried about 3 years wages, if he sold next season upon a possible relegation? The only time that he would be worried about 3 years wages, if stayed beyond that.

We won't know this years wage bill until 2 years time, when the account's come out, so we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

The club gets £170m (min) from EPL, this has been paid up front be means of a loan (vampire bank) with obviously interest (8% quoted in the press). If we owed say £40m, then that's down to £130m (bearing mind this is without sponsorship, gate receipts, etc, etc, which could add £20m). So there could be £150m left for this season. Take out running costs, wages this season (which I think will be no more that £40m-£50m by the way).

The current player acquisitions are probably off set by sales (at the minute). So, one could see why he could take his input back out.

The wage bill includes promotion bonuses which last time round were 77m pounds ,that's a fact

If you want to believe the guy is going to take 70 m out based on nothing other than your fag packet accounts that's up to you but I see nothing to suggest he will and I'm pretty sure it's illegal

The wage bill includes promotion bonuses which last time round were 77m pounds ,that's a fact

If you want to believe the guy is going to take 70 m out based on nothing other than your fag packet accounts that's up to you but I see nothing to suggest he will and I'm pretty sure it's illegal
If a share holding Director of a company inputs personal funds into a business, they can legally take it back out. It needs to be there to take back out without trying to send the company into financial difficulties, but if the profits/surplus money is there to take back your personal input, then legally, it can be withdrawn.

we will lose players that have performed well this season like Hamer.
How many did we loose last time we were relegated ?

If you get relegated with a huge debt and a huge wage bill you are forced to sell your assets to cover your liabilities.

We seem to be aiming for neither this time.

All those who were outraged last Christmas when we couldn't settle our debts, now seem to think we should go on a massive spending spree.

I'm baffled.

If a share holding Director of a company inputs personal funds into a business, they can legally take it back out. It needs to be there to take back out without trying to send the company into financial difficulties, but if the profits/surplus money is there to take back your personal input, then legally, it can be withdrawn.
As for "fag packet" that is your opinion and I have got mine, respect that.

Blades-wages.png

3 years ago, not likely to be any lower.
Though wages don't count.

Any further information - it's all here.

Blades-wages.png

Fu@@ me, oh dear, who said that wages don't count? I just stated that I don't believe that the wages will be that high this time around, also won't be continued for 3 years at any level like suggested under the current owner, especially if he sells at the end of the season, as I originally stated to get his return, read the full posts.

Last edited:
Blades-wages.png

Any further information - it's all here.

Lets get back to topic in any case (forget wages), can the owner sell at the end of the season if relegated for the same sum as now stated in the press of £170m. As a champ club, or would you expect that to be £100mish? so where does he get his £67m outlay back from, because he is obviously not happy at the minute to accept £100m?

Akpom seemed to be a reasonable price at 10m but apparently our board wouldn't sanction that?

Maybe his wage demands were a stumbling block, I know they don't count but I'm just guessing.

Maybe he saw Ajax as a bigger club than us and with less chance of relegation.

For me now, I have an exciting new challenge with one of the biggest clubs in the world

Ultimately though our board are rubbish and have no ambition. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom