Regaining Championship Status

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When do you think we will regain Championship Status ?

• End of this season

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Next 2 - 5 seasons

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Between 5 - 10 seasons

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • 10 + seasons

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was top 2 before the season started, however we will be good enough for the play offs. I hope by the time it really matters Nigel will actually find a starting 11 he trusts. That's the major difference between this season and last.

The thing is, when he "does" find that XI - who is good enough to stop us? On Bristol City look anything above average really. They could be out of sight by Xmas but who's better equipped for 2nd when we finally click?

Finishing 7th after losing 10games by October proves how shit this league is.

Think this "calm down we've only lost one in six" is naive. We could have easily come away empty handed from Crawley and Rochdale if not for a jammy goal. We were poor against Colchester and somehow won. On Saturday we got fucking destroyed with ease. We dont look like beating anyone convincingly, while teams like MK are crushing teams. I think we're in some bother here.

You know what, I don't think Clough has BOUGHT one player that I would have brought in myself yet.
Some have been ok, and some will need time but there's not one signing I'm particularly happy with.

how long before we get out of League one? (In the right direction obviously)
Don't think their are any teams in the 3rd Division this season that should scare us, so if we don't get promotion this season then it could be a long wait!

NC's record since taking over as manager was stated last night on FH as played 51 lost 11 - that's a loss percentage of 21.5%
A pretty good record when you consider the state of the club when he took over and the fact that confidence was completely shot at that time.

The sample from this season's league matches is played 8 and lost 3 - that's a loss percentage of 37.5%
Extrapolate that over a season of 46 games and that means losing 17 times.
That's not even play off form - considering we lost 15 games in the league last season to finish 7th.

Those putting a positive spin on the current performances are citing the last 6 games only with a loss ration of 1 in 6 as though it is something inspirational. However, as blader states above, losing 1 in every six from now on over the remaining 42 fixtures will mean a total of 10 defeats, which is more than any of the teams that achieved promotion last year suffered.

Whatever you dress it up as - it ain't good.
I wouldn't be so concerned if we were consistently bossing games and getting 60+ per cent possession and peppering the opposition goal where their keeper has to make 5-6 good saves per match. The fact is that most of the games are the other way around - even the really shite teams are causing Howard to earn his corn in every game.

Ah, well - two games to go to the magical 10 where the reservists say you can make a judgement call on how well we will fare over the season.
What I can see already from the games I have been to and the comms I listen to on Blades Player is that the performances are way, way below the standard they need to be and unless this picks up hugely from the injection of quality that 2-3 loans could bring into this squad we will finish about the same place as last season or lower.

My main gripe is that we are betting our whole season on the success of these loans.
That's not planning and preparation - that's just seat of the pants stuff.

NC's record since taking over as manager was stated last night on FH as played 51 lost 11 - that's a loss percentage of 21.5%
A pretty good record when you consider the state of the club when he took over and the fact that confidence was completely shot at that time.

The sample from this season's league matches is played 8 and lost 3 - that's a loss percentage of 37.5%
Extrapolate that over a season of 46 games and that means losing 17 times.
That's not even play off form - considering we lost 15 games in the league last season to finish 7th.

Those putting a positive spin on the current performances are citing the last 6 games only with a loss ration of 1 in 6 as though it is something inspirational. However, as blader states above, losing 1 in every six from now on over the remaining 42 fixtures will mean a total of 10 defeats, which is more than any of the teams that achieved promotion last year suffered.

Whatever you dress it up as - it ain't good.
I wouldn't be so concerned if we were consistently bossing games and getting 60+ per cent possession and peppering the opposition goal where their keeper has to make 5-6 good saves per match. The fact is that most of the games are the other way around - even the really shite teams are causing Howard to earn his corn in every game.

Ah, well - two games to go to the magical 10 where the reservists say you can make a judgement call on how well we will fare over the season.
What I can see already from the games I have been to and the comms I listen to on Blades Player is that the performances are way, way below the standard they need to be and unless this picks up hugely from the injection of quality that 2-3 loans could bring into this squad we will finish about the same place as last season or lower.

My main gripe is that we are betting our whole season on the success of these loans.
That's not planning and preparation - that's just seat of the pants stuff.

Nail right on head there, Kenilworth.

I personally am sick of relying on loans. Like Brayford and Coady, they just paper over the cracks and give a false structure to the club. Yup, both those players gave up the leg up we desparately needed last season but now they are gone ... ?

Using loanees is a bit cowardly because it hardly shows intent to build the team. We could fill the team with such players and get promotion - then what? You are left with holes you have to fill, and as a promoted team, they are a fuck-site more expensive to fill when you are there.

pommpey

I'll be disappointed if we finish second. And even that seems almost impossible with this team. I want to see us actually win something in my lifetime

Amazed how many people are referring to Bristol City as "Bristol", We all get pissed off when the media refers to Man U as "United"
There are 14 league clubs named X United. There is one league club named Bristol X. Not really the same thing.

Nobody has a problem using just Norwich, Stoke or Exeter without the City. Bristol is an unusual case because Rovers have just been relegated from the league for the first time. The only cities left with more than one league club using the name of the city in the club's name are Manchester and Sheffield. We are the only club left in a realm of ambiguity by people insisting on calling Man Utd just 'United' (not a problem for Newcastle, Rotherham or Carlisle), which is why, coupled with our claim of the oldest/original United, it is an issue for Blades fans.

I think people are just enjoying the novelty of using 'Bristol' in the context of league football as there is presently only one. For anyone who thinks it is disrespectful towards Rovers, I wonder how many seasons they need to be out of the league for 'Bristol' to become acceptable.

As long as there's another professional club in Bristol, with a substantial fan base, we shouldn't disrespect them by referring to their neighbours as "Bristol". It's like commentators referring to us as "Sheffield", Celtic as "Glasgow" or Man U as "Manchester".

Back
Top Bottom