Realistic targets for next season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can’t get the starting quality players until the end of August we are significantly understrength compared to our Championship team last season let alone PL teams.
In which case we risk sacrificing our August points tally.
And those who eventually come in will need time to settle in.
The negative effect on morale if we are bottom in September will need to be countered by some remarkable motivational management akin to Bassett in 90/91.
The absolutely crucial positions for me are LCB and the Doyle & McAtee replacements.
LCB and one of the other two need to be in before the glorious 12th.
Tick tick Messrs Heckie & Bettis.
By 2nd September we’ll have played 3 relegation rivals …

Leave crucial signings until late in the window, and we'll throw away the first few games with the likes of Fleck starting. How totally unpredictable. Not really acceptable. It's strange how the other promoted clubs don't need to leave it so long

I don’t think we have much choice with loans, it all falls on the other clubs and when they are ready

Realistic targets for next season? Walk away from August with at least 2-4 points minimum, which wouldn't be a disaster, and hope that we're not too off from 17th by the time November starts, as September and October is an awful run of games.

Leave crucial signings until late in the window, and we'll throw away the first few games with the likes of Fleck starting. How totally unpredictable. Not really acceptable. It's strange how the other promoted clubs don't need to leave it so long
We all know it's down to our financial predicament, but sadly it's looking just like that's what's going to happen! Was delighted with our promotion but now just wondering could we just be a punch bag for the prem & TV pundits, talk of players might be going & lack of quality coming in seems to be taking the shine off it for me!! But fuck it I'll still be there👍

We all know it's down to our financial predicament, but sadly it's looking just like that's what's going to happen! Was delighted with our promotion but now just wondering could we just be a punch bag for the prem & TV pundits, talk of players might be going & lack of quality coming in seems to be taking the shine off it for me!! But fuck it I'll still be there👍
its a fine line for us think its obvious to most blades fans that we need another 3/4 good quality signings to have any chance of staying up but also think weve one eye on not overspending making us financially secure if we do go back down other clubs have used this strategy and been stronger for it norwich being the obvious non achievers with this policy lol

Bannon
I think his time at the world's greatest club is coming to an end... The 9,000 Wednesday fans who made the trip to Plymouth are saying he looked a shadow of his former self last night.
Maybe he needs a new challenge away from a club which the football community all around the world expect so much, well that’s what the 12,000 Wednesday fans that went to Plymouth are saying.

Next season needs a big clear out, looks like the academy kids will have to step up or a miracle happens regarding ownership. We cannot keep the tried and tested old school players and system hoping it's going to work again.

Next season needs a big clear out

I don't think we necessarily need to move on anyone beyond Basham (36 coming off a serious injury, sadly probably needs to drop to a lower level if he wants to continue playing) and Fleck (twelve months too late). There's plenty that might have contracts expiring who I might be indifferent to retaining (Osborn would be an obvious name, but there are others without looking into whose actually are expiring), and it seems inevitable that PL clubs might sniff around a couple and we lose some that way, but I don't think we need a fire sale or anything like that

Back
Top Bottom