Realistic targets for next season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Star is correct, it appears most of our recruitment this year, will come from abroad. I would expect, Doyle, maybe Holgate, as Prem loans. So sit tight, enjoy the ride, or not!!!!!!!
i also think holgate and doyle could be our 2 premier loans although if city only want to sell doyle that would free us up to get somebody like archer or maupay we have to bring tommy doyle back one way or another

Well if Connor Coady was on the list you can put a line through that one .. just signed for a Championship club by the name of Leicester by all accounts ... next

Some seem to be forgetting that we were announced as a ‘Development Club’ when PH became manager.
I realise we have probably overachieved during that time, and not all recruited players will be youngsters with a resale value, but that is the market we are in for permanent signings.
I hope we do get some decent established quality into the club, but the word ‘development’ will not always fit the recruitment profile.

Rotherham have just signed a new goalkeeper so you'd presume Victor Johansson could be on the move.

Aaron Ramsey passed it now for a year deal? 32, PL experience, midfielder and played 27 times for Nice last season.

Darlow's still a classy net minder, and surplus to requirement at Toon who want him off the pay-role. Make a cheeky offer and they might fold in for a couple of mil. Though I guess there are other more pressing requirements.

Darlow's still a classy net minder, and surplus to requirement at Toon who want him off the pay-role. Make a cheeky offer and they might fold in for a couple of mil. I'm disappointed that we're behind the curve, going into the final three weeks before the big ko.
I think the GK position isn't a priority to be fair.

LCB
DM
LCM
CAM
ST

Is what we still need IMO

LWB ✅
CM ✅

ST ✅

At least another 4 more?
Heck hinted at least that in his last interview and confirmed early business is done and only nearer the window when we know how is surplus where as squads are announced are we likely to make moves. He does though have a pretty extensive list of hopefulls. Wait and see time now.

LWB ✅
CM ✅

ST ✅

At least another 4 more?
Who are you four?

I'm expecting just three:

1. LCB - would have been the Hungarian but gone to Germany. Back to drawing board

2. Doyle replacement

3. Khadra / McAtee replacement (depending on how you see Slimani)

LWB ✅
CM ✅

ST ✅

At least another 4 more?

We’ve lost the services of Mcatee, Doyle and more likely than not illiman (if the latest on the rumour mill is to be believed.)

Doesn’t really matter I’m how many we bring in if they are miles off the quality of those lads. Which they are clearly going to be given our budget.

Appreciate there’s time left but We are miles weaker than last season at this point in time. Minus those three this side doesn’t win promotion last year

Who are you four?

I'm expecting just three:

1. LCB - would have been the Hungarian but gone to Germany. Back to drawing board

2. Doyle replacement

3. Khadra / McAtee replacement (depending on how you see Slimani)
Those three you mentioned and one of GK/CB/CM.

Those three you mentioned and one of GK/CB/CM.
Just in case:

5 ways to bounce back from a setback

• Be kind to yourself. It's important to address your disappointments, but first you need to take care of you – in mind and body. ...
  • Surround yourself with good people. ...
  • Get your feel-good flowing. ...
  • Take this as a learning experience. ...
  • Get back in the game.

😁

Need another striker
We have McBurnie, Ndiaye, Traore, Brewster, Jebbison + Osula.

Unless you think we are offloading one of the first 5 I'd be surprised if we are in for a new striker.

I think we will be replacing:
1. Stevens - Larouci
2. Sharp - Traore
3. Clark/O'Connell - ?
4. Doyle - ?
5. McAtee - Slimani
6. Khadra (could be A McAtee type) - ?

Any more and we need to start offloading players and I don't think that is the plan IMHO.

Unless you think we are offloading one of the first 5 I'd be surprised if we are in for a new striker.

1. Stevens - Larouci
2. Sharp - Traore
3. Clark/O'Connell - ?
4. Doyle - ?
5. McAtee - Slimani

Any more and we need to start offloading players and I don't think that is the plan IMHO.
i would also be suprised if we sign another striker think if illiman stays traore will be the only 1 but i think we do need another striker mcburnie brewster jebbo and osula dont convince me they will get goals in the premier league just not good enough imo

i would also be suprised if we sign another striker think if illiman stays traore will be the only 1 but i think we do need another striker mcburnie brewster jebbo and osula dont convince me they will get goals in the premier league just not good enough imo
In that case, it's more money we need 😉

1. Stevens - Larouci
2. Sharp - Traore
3. Clark/O'Connell - ?
4. Doyle - ?
5. McAtee - Slimani

This lays it out pretty starkly for me

We desperately need some of these next domestic loan signings to improve the 11.

Not sure larouci, traore are down to be starting next season.

Slimani may be starting but I’m not sure he’s on the same level of the guy he’s nominally down to replace there in mcatee. Would be exceptional if he had that sort of impact but optimistic to the point of foolishness to hope for it for a couple of mil £.

Feels like all we have done so far is add some much needed squad depth and a couple of upside bets.

We don’t appear to be able to get anyone of the quality of Doyle or mcatee in if the rumours are true

And there are huge gaps at the back and in midfield. We need someone to come in and you think YES that’s an nailed on improvement on last season (or at least a Doyle / mcatee type )

Heck hinted at least that in his last interview and confirmed early business is done and only nearer the window when we know how is surplus where as squads are announced are we likely to make moves. He does though have a pretty extensive list of hopefulls. Wait and see time now.
Only about 5 weeks to wait then 🤔

Only about 5 weeks to wait then 🤔
Most deals will be down towards the end of the window.
When big deals get done the trickle down starts. The interview with Heck has been posted on hre several times. If you haven't watched it maybe you should. The information and explanations are all there to be watched!

We’re about 8 short if we’re being realistic. First team GK, back up centre half. First left centre back. 2 first team centre mids. First team attacking mid. First team striker.

Ain’t going to happen.

1. Stevens - Larouci
2. Sharp - Traore
3. Clark/O'Connell - ?
4. Doyle - ?
5. McAtee - Slimani

This is it, this is the shopping list for me...

We’re about 8 short if we’re being realistic. First team GK, back up centre half. First left centre back. 2 first team centre mids. First team attacking mid. First team striker.

Ain’t going to happen.
...or at least it was the shopping list, and then I read this, and thought "****, that's actually the shopping list".

Back
Top Bottom