Realistic targets for next season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nightsweats

Reaction score
Without knowing who will own us and what the transfer kitty will be next season who would you consider attainable and sensible targets.

I see us needing a couple of strikers as McB/Sharp?Brewster cannot be relied on to score the goals we will need. Osula and Jebbo are raw talent but not the finished article yet by a way.

If Illy and Sander stay I'd say we need a McAtee and a Doyle be it them or simillar.

Defensively we aren't too bad IMO.

Seems to me the best sources are those 3 going down from the prem and those missing out through the play offs or falling short of making them.

Youth, pace, and ambition are IMO very important.
Just hope we aren't left chasing shadows in July because the ownership issue and budget isn't resolved.

Many on here have a far better knowledge of the merits of attainable targets than me, but Archer/Ackpo at Boro seem worth consideration.

Interested in others picks.

Without knowing who will own us and what the transfer kitty will be next season who would you consider attainable and sensible targets.

I see us needing a couple of strikers as McB/Sharp?Brewster cannot be relied on to score the goals we will need. Osula and Jebbo are raw talent but not the finished article yet by a way.

If Illy and Sander stay I'd say we need a McAtee and a Doyle be it them or simillar.

Seems to me the best sources are those 3 going down from the prem and those missing out through the play offs or falling short of making them.

Just hope we aren't left chasing shadows in July because the ownership issue and budget isn't resolved.

Many on here have a far better knowledge of the merits of attainable targets than me, but Archer/Ackpo at Boro seem worth consideration.

Three left footed defenders/midfield.
We have no cover/first choice at LCB and possibly nothing good enough at LWB. Then there is the problem that is Fleck.

definetly need 2 strikers to come in

Sounds like we are gonna be wheeling and dealing a really low budget for PL standards. Unless new owner comes in and can inject more cash in.

Most important for me is to try and get Iliman on a new deal and then Sander. There is a chance that both actually have 2 years left not 1 because we seem to have those additional 1 year options for alot of players nowadays.
But if say either make it adamant they want to leave then that of course dictates new targets and of course fee's in from either of them some will go back into transfer budget.

It's just a big unknown right now. And what's frustrating about that is that the clubs that start to be active early doors in the summer often get some of the best deals.

Woodman (GK) - Preston
Dasilva (DF) - Bristol city
Ronnie edwards (DF) - Peterborough
Latibeaudiere/cabango (DF) - Swansea
Wharton (MF) - Blackburn
George hall (MF) - Birmingham
Molumby (MF) - WBA
Dan Neil (MF) - Sunderland
Hamer (MF) - Coventry
Sam Bell (ST) - Bristol city
Tommy Conway (ST) - Bristol city
Piroe (ST) - Swansea

And a left field one but ayase ueda, japanese striker at cercle Brugge - 23 years old

Lcb - Greaves from Hull
GK - green from st ettiene
Lwb - Giles from wolves (Boro)/dasilva Bristol city
LCM - O'Brien from forest
Cm - Doyle
DM - Choudhury Leicester or hamer Coventry
Am - mcatee loan
St - broja loan Chelsea.

Release
Sharp
Stevens
Joc
Osborn
Fleck

That's as a start.

Then see where we are with owners and other outgoings etc. I'd look to move out for a bit of cash:
Lowe
Davies

Loan out
Coulibaly
Osula
Arblaster
Brewster (injury depending) or jebbison
Plus a few of the others out on loan moving up the league's, boyes for example needs a championship loan now.

Woodman (GK) - Preston
Dasilva (DF) - Bristol city
Ronnie edwards (DF) - Peterborough
Latibeaudiere/cabango (DF) - Swansea
Wharton (MF) - Blackburn
George hall (MF) - Birmingham
Molumby (MF) - WBA
Dan Neil (MF) - Sunderland
Hamer (MF) - Coventry
Sam Bell (ST) - Bristol city
Tommy Conway (ST) - Bristol city
Piroe (ST) - Swansea

And a left field one but ayase ueda, japanese striker at cercle Brugge - 23 years old

That's 12 signings.
Not suggesting we don't need 12 signings if we shed 6 or so but are you of the opinion those players could perform at the highest level from September?
Wouldn't a loan deal for Archer with Villa be a good move if Boro fail in the play offs?
Very interesting list though.

That's 12 signings.
Not suggesting we don't need 12 signings if we shed 6 or so but are you of the opinion those players could perform at the highest level from September?
Wouldn't a loan deal for Archer with Villa be a good move if Boro fail in the play offs?
Very interesting list though.
Wasn’t suggesting we sign them all mate! Just suggested a few for each position, all of which I believe would suit our system in one way or another

3 Permanent signings that significantly improve the first XI
One academy graduate becoming a regular appearance maker
No 'millstone' signings a la Brewster
12+ points
Being in a good position to rebuild in 24/25 in the Championship

Not desireable, but certainly realistic goals

Wasn’t suggesting we sign them all mate! Just suggested a few for each position, all of which I believe would suit our system in one way or another

Not suggesting you're far off mate. We need to shed at least 6 and a lot of our admittedly very talented young players can't be expected to step up in a few months.

Piroe for sure and the Bristol lads look good.
I don't think defensively we'll be too bad. Lose Stevens, maybe sign Clarke and with RND back...

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We need a lot of new players because our current crop are older and shittier than they were last time in the Prem, or just aren't good enough.

Ideally we need a new goalkeeper to replace League 1 Wes, a new crop of defenders to replace Enda (past it), Egan (past it), Bash (past it), Lowe (shit), Bogle (shit) and Robinson (shit). A new pair of midfielders to replace Fleck and Norwood (past it) and new strikers to replace Sharp (past it), McBurnie and Brewster (not good enough for the prem). Some of them--McBurnie, could be Ok as backup.

But overall, the squad needs a complete overhaul.

Nice to see we're still pretending that Berge will be better against better opposition.

Makes absolute sense that he was largely anonymous in the Championship and he'll be good in the Premier League despite being anonymous in that too last time.

Only in S2.

Beating Derby's points tally is more realistic if noises out of club are anything to go by....
Is it noises from the club or is the general doom and gloom on here? You read comments on here and it makes me feel like there's never been a promoted side in a shitter position than us.

Can't afford to buy anyone and can't afford to pay anyone owt.

I know we arent going to be spending big but I would genuinely accept just bringing the age of the squad down and bringing in some decent quality SELLABLE assets for a championship assault in 12 months time. We talk about Brighton and Brentford but that's how they've done it, develop a player, sell and replace for cheaper. Its not easy but it's the only way we can manage without a new owner.

Back
Top Bottom