Pre season testing at Hallam Uni

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What was telling and maybe not so telling about the sides fitness levels was how many late goals we seemed to concede last season, I seem to remember quite a few.

What was telling and maybe not so telling about the sides fitness levels was how many late goals we seemed to concede last season, I seem to remember quite a few.
Think that was more to do with the outrageously negative tactics, lining our 18 yard box and listening to Clough insisting we must shit our pants after scoring at home to the mighty Crewe.

I think most who you are aiming this at are just fed up of the constant whinging and slagging of a former manager. Has anyone said time to move on? Yes. So please do.
I think most people are fed up with the Clough apologists constantly trying to defend total failure. Only in S2 though eh :rolleyes: The time to move on will be when Adkins has put right the mistakes and downright negligence of the former manager and his staff, the board sacked the lot of them bar one for a reason you know, incompetence springs to mind.

First thing that shocked me since joining this forum was the amount of positivity for Clough. Especially since we missed promotion by 20 points and 1st place by even more. It's upsetting to think that seemingly most fans were content with another year of his regime purely in the name of 'learning from his mistakes'. Sadly that wouldn't have been possible given the knowledge that he thrived on cowardly blaming others, particularly McNulty, for HIS failings, instead of manning up and taking responsibility for even the slightest of errors on his own behalf. That really is a trait I find unbearable at best. How he was expected to 'learn' anything given that i'll never know, he was set in his ways and he wasn't changing any time soon I can assure you of that. Glad we eventually did the right thing and got rid but it's a shame it wasn't the day after the play off defeat to enable us to have had Adkins in place to submit the retained list and subsequently have been in much better shape than we are currently in terms of our squad and the amount of dead-wood we still have left to shift one way or another to make way for new signings.

P.S I thank posters above me for bringing the subject up so I could get one of many frustrations with him off my chest, even though it's thankfully in the past now. But really, what else is there to talk about during close season? May as well vent your frustrations I say.

By the way, if you haven't been able to tell already, I wasn't a fan of Clough. :)

We were unfit from minute one of burton in pre season. The fitness & medical departments were poor under NC, who'll be lucky to get another job if being honest

Yep a longer season and relative cup success will do that ;)
On the other hand, when Burnley beat us in the POF, they'd played around 60 games and used something like 16 players.

Back
Top Bottom