Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What did we ever do wrong to Brighton?

Chelsea, Everton and Us for the drop.

Talking to an Ipswich fan yesterday who was having a little dig too. Not about United, but northerners. Said we don't get a say in anything because we put gravy on fish n chips. Was spoken in jest, but I knew deep down he felt that as a southerner, he was superior to us
He’s not even a Southerner, closer to fucking Belgium, weird cunts.

Quite happy with the gravy sandwich, but I think Brighton could be a sausage variety 🥴

Brighton, cheap assed sausage made from earholes lipholes and arseholes. But covered in an expensive sauce to make it taste like it belongs amongst the big hitters

Let’s see if they are much better team on Sunday …if you don’t like the reaction to the “View From” I say this Tough Shit 😂

Alright pal, you Google search that LOL image all by yourself?

I don’t care either way, and I hope we win on Sunday but you can’t blame them for backing themselves lol.

"Low block side" is a comment that is increasingly used in football and it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

It basically means 10 men behind the ball and defending your 18 yard line.

EVERY team does it when defending a lead, or when they come up against superior opposition. Mourinho has done it for 20 years.

The term is a load of bollocks.
I disagree, but against Villa our line was incredibly high and we pressed high, the opposite of a low block.

"Low block side" is a comment that is increasingly used in football and it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

It basically means 10 men behind the ball and defending your 18 yard line.

EVERY team does it when defending a lead, or when they come up against superior opposition. Mourinho has done it for 20 years.

The term is a load of bollocks.
Nail on the head. Another example of having to give something which has been around for ever, a new name to try and make it sound technical.
High press / low block / quick turnovers - ahh fuck off.
Won’t be took long before a name is invented for a long ball team. Oh they play High percentage football or summat equally nobish.
Don’t get me started on how truly irrelevant ‘expected goals’ is.

Sorry for how late this is but I had a real tough time trying to get enough quotes to make up a post. The Brighton fans seem pretty nonplussed by this game.

Cheers Panchero!

These entitled fuckers forget when they were at that shithole Withdean and fans of other clubs were attending to"save" Brighton from oblivion...tossers

I recent history the blades maintain a higher average home attendance in the EPL.

I case my rest.
Your point was that they would earn less in revenue if they had a full stadium. Thats wrong, their capacity is very similar to ours and they charge more.

Attendance is a different debate entirely.

Your point was that they would earn less in revenue if they had a full stadium. Thats wrong, their capacity is very similar to ours and they charge more.

Attendance is a different debate entirely.
Attendance is not a different debate. It is linked to prices. Sheffield and Brighton are different demographics.

My point is tha Sheffield United is a traditional northern club, supported by affordable match day tickets and season tickets. Perhaps that why the Prince is so poor ..

Attendance is not a different debate. It is linked to prices. Sheffield and Brighton are different demographics.

My point is tha Sheffield United is a traditional northern club, supported by affordable match day tickets and season tickets. Perhaps that why the Prince is so poor ..
Your point was about income from maximum attendances (see your post below). Theirs would be higher than ours because they have a similar capacity and charge more per ticket.

Again, attendance and demographics are a completely separate debate.

Their income from maximum attendances will be lower than ours.

Your point was about income from maximum attendances (see your post below). Theirs would be higher than ours because they have a similar capacity and charge more per ticket.

Again, attendance and demographics are a completely separate debate.
Demographics drive prices so they are connected.

Demographics drive prices so they are connected.
I don’t disagree with that but look back at your statement, it was a statement that at maximum capacity we’d earn more revenue than they would.

We wouldn’t, very simple.

Only if the clubs enjoyed similar demographics and pricing policy.
In the same way that if we had a similar sized stadium to Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal and similar prices we’d have similar Matchday revenue to them, but we haven’t so we don’t!

Back
Top Bottom