Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now I'm confused. Is the Houston Blade who talks about Brighton fans 'massive sense of entitlement' in post #7 a different Houston Blade?

Personally, I cringe less at opposition fans calling us Sheffield (why the fuck should they care about our seeming sense of entitlement to be called what we demand?) or labelling us 'agricultural' than to see one of our own on here getting uppity because a fan of another team that happens to be doing better than us thinks they should probably get three points against us.

What relevance is there to the team having low crowds or no stadium 20 years ago?
I realised that I’d half contradicted myself, however my initial comment was aimed at their belittling of us on the sandwich based comment.

To say that no one is bothered about us when they’ve come from relative obscurity in the last few years is disrespectful.

It doesn’t mean that I don’t think they’re a bigger club than us on current metrics. They are.

I also think they typify the ‘nouveau riche’ PL clubs who seem to think that they’ve earned their place at the top table when really they’ve been lucky enough to have been bankrolled to the position they’re in. I’d swap positions and owners with them in a heartbeat though.

"Low block side" is a comment that is increasingly used in football and it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

It basically means 10 men behind the ball and defending your 18 yard line.

EVERY team does it when defending a lead, or when they come up against superior opposition. Mourinho has done it for 20 years.

The term is a load of bollocks.

Wilder’s agent is (or at least was) ex Albion cult hero Peter Smith who still lives in Tunbridge Wells. Last summer they both came in my local. I was sitting at the bar when they both came in. I clocked them and did a bit of a double take. You could see Wilder thinking here we go someone is going to ask for a selfie. I said “you’re Peter Smith” and started blowing a bit of smoke up his arse telling him he was one of the few good reasons for watching the Albion back when he played. We chatted for a couple of minutes until Wilder got the hump and said “c’mon Smithy, you are going to be dining out for weeks that someone has recognised you” he picked up their drinks and stormed off.
So I reckon he might be a bit of a self obsessed tosspot.”

This unfortunately feels believable..
Funnily enough, when I read that I thought “file under never happened”. To me, it smacks of a Brighton fan trying to be clever, but we all have our own prejudices I suppose.

The sandwich comparisons are the best thing I’ve read in a long time.

Wilder’s agent is (or at least was) ex Albion cult hero Peter Smith who still lives in Tunbridge Wells. Last summer they both came in my local. I was sitting at the bar when they both came in. I clocked them and did a bit of a double take. You could see Wilder thinking here we go someone is going to ask for a selfie. I said “you’re Peter Smith” and started blowing a bit of smoke up his arse telling him he was one of the few good reasons for watching the Albion back when he played. We chatted for a couple of minutes until Wilder got the hump and said “c’mon Smithy, you are going to be dining out for weeks that someone has recognised you” he picked up their drinks and stormed off.
So I reckon he might be a bit of a self obsessed tosspot.”

This unfortunately feels believable..
Blowing smoke up his arse, sounds about right when you read about the types of folks in Brighton!

"Low block side" is a comment that is increasingly used in football and it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

EVERY team does it when defending a lead, or when they come up against superior opposition. Mourinho has done it for 20 years.

Same as the cunts who use the term 'playing through the thirds'.

What did we ever do wrong to Brighton?

Chelsea, Everton and Us for the drop.

Talking to an Ipswich fan yesterday who was having a little dig too. Not about United, but northerners. Said we don't get a say in anything because we put gravy on fish n chips. Was spoken in jest, but I knew deep down he felt that as a southerner, he was superior to us

Thanks Roy.

I don't mind Brighton really, but let's be right, they have been almost a total non entity seemingly forever, & only dragged themselves into some sort of respectability when a very rich guy took over control & transformed them. I think it is only natural for their fans to big themselves up, most would, but as much as their profile has been raised they are still a world away from being a genuine top 4 contender.

I would like a similar thing to happen for us, but sadly it seems unlikely at the moment.

Sorry for how late this is but I had a real tough time trying to get enough quotes to make up a post. The Brighton fans seem pretty nonplussed by this game.

Like the sandwich one made me laugh

Talking to an Ipswich fan yesterday who was having a little dig too. Not about United, but northerners. Said we don't get a say in anything because we put gravy on fish n chips. Was spoken in jest, but I knew deep down he felt that as a southerner, he was superior to us
They don't think we should be allowed on a PL pitch unless we look and play like them.

Always hated Ipswich, place and club

It’s the verbal equivalent of Prosecco or Gin. Boringly fashionable

They allude to us "roughing then up" they haven't addressed the fact they scream and burst into tears at the slightest contact...bunch of fucking fanny's will be rolling about trying to con the ref all afternoon..

But we know they'll achieve it, i see us getting a red card tomorrow, the refs buy it in this division don't they.

Funnily enough, when I read that I thought “file under never happened”. To me, it smacks of a Brighton fan trying to be clever, but we all have our own prejudices I suppose.

The only "self-obsessed tosspot" in this story is the lad who feels the need to share a nothing story on social media and make it all about him.

"I made Chris Wilder storm off" 😄

Yeah, the reaction to the ‘View From…’ is always the same. Any team’s fans that say they expect to win are “arrogant” or “deluded” or, if they’re not a traditional top 6 side, “forgot where they came from.”

Obviously Brighton fans think they should be beating us, they are, right now, a much better football team than we are, as the league table shows.

Should we not expect to beat Gillingham because we were in League One a few years back?
Let’s see if they are much better team on Sunday …if you don’t like the reaction to the “View From” I say this Tough Shit 😂

Attachments

• IMG_7931.jpeg
    IMG_7931.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 6
Gravy sandwich? What an absolute melt

Then you go down south and everyone is miserable as fuck and won't even give you the time of day.

The only "self-obsessed tosspot" in this story is the lad who feels the need to share a nothing story on social media and make it all about him.

"I made Chris Wilder storm off" 😄
Just imagine if he'd been having a sandwich at the bar while they walked past. Lot would have gone up.

Back
Top Bottom