Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Sorry for how late this is but I had a real tough time trying to get enough quotes to make up a post. The Brighton fans seem pretty nonplussed by this game.

Thanks Roy. It's amazing how endlessly playing for fuck all every season gives them that certain sense of over inflated opinion. I wonder how long that'll last as the inevitable cycle of starting to be less competitive every year turns into relegation battles.
That said, 2-1 to us

They made me laugh to be fair. Some invention at least. I must have been dreaming when I sat on a scaffolding stand on a Tuesday night with a hand full of these tossers in the other stands. I thought they might have some memories but alas no. I do think they might might be right on Wilder though ! 😉

For as small club, they really do have an unjustified, high opinion of themselves don’t they?
This sounds a bit like a pig comment.

In just about every metric they are ‘bigger’ than we are at the moment.

What a bunch of absolute entitled twats this lot are. Wilder gets his tactics right on Sunday and send em packing back down the M1 to the shit hole that is Brighton

Thanks Roy

Wilder’s agent is (or at least was) ex Albion cult hero Peter Smith who still lives in Tunbridge Wells. Last summer they both came in my local. I was sitting at the bar when they both came in. I clocked them and did a bit of a double take. You could see Wilder thinking here we go someone is going to ask for a selfie. I said “you’re Peter Smith” and started blowing a bit of smoke up his arse telling him he was one of the few good reasons for watching the Albion back when he played. We chatted for a couple of minutes until Wilder got the hump and said “c’mon Smithy, you are going to be dining out for weeks that someone has recognised you” he picked up their drinks and stormed off.
So I reckon he might be a bit of a self obsessed tosspot.”

This unfortunately feels believable..

This sounds a bit like a pig comment.

In just about every metric they are ‘bigger’ than we are at the moment.
Now I'm confused. Is the Houston Blade who talks about Brighton fans 'massive sense of entitlement' in post #7 a different Houston Blade?

Personally, I cringe less at opposition fans calling us Sheffield (why the fuck should they care about our seeming sense of entitlement to be called what we demand?) or labelling us 'agricultural' than to see one of our own on here getting uppity because a fan of another team that happens to be doing better than us thinks they should probably get three points against us.

What relevance is there to the team having low crowds or no stadium 20 years ago?

Now I'm confused. Is the Houston Blade who talks about Brighton fans 'massive sense of entitlement' in post #7 a different Houston Blade?

Personally, I cringe less at opposition fans calling us Sheffield (why the fuck should they care about our seeming sense of entitlement to be called what we demand?) or labelling us 'agricultural' than to see one of our own on here getting uppity because a fan of another team that happens to be doing better than us thinks they should probably get three points against us.

What relevance is there to the team having low crowds or no stadium 20 years ago?
Yeah, the reaction to the ‘View From…’ is always the same. Any team’s fans that say they expect to win are “arrogant” or “deluded” or, if they’re not a traditional top 6 side, “forgot where they came from.”

Obviously Brighton fans think they should be beating us, they are, right now, a much better football team than we are, as the league table shows.

Should we not expect to beat Gillingham because we were in League One a few years back?

Wilder’s agent is (or at least was) ex Albion cult hero Peter Smith who still lives in Tunbridge Wells. Last summer they both came in my local. I was sitting at the bar when they both came in. I clocked them and did a bit of a double take. You could see Wilder thinking here we go someone is going to ask for a selfie. I said “you’re Peter Smith” and started blowing a bit of smoke up his arse telling him he was one of the few good reasons for watching the Albion back when he played. We chatted for a couple of minutes until Wilder got the hump and said “c’mon Smithy, you are going to be dining out for weeks that someone has recognised you” he picked up their drinks and stormed off.
So I reckon he might be a bit of a self obsessed tosspot.”

This unfortunately feels believable..
Stormed off?

Sounds a bit dramatic. Why stop there? How come he didn’t pick up the drinks through them at the fireplace and stomp out? 🤣

He stormed off so much that he managed to hold both of their drinks intact.

Maybe he just walked off and went to a table as they were originally planning to do? Only the fan, having already decided to ignore Wilder and focus on his colleague, had already decided he didn’t like Wilder and that then reflects in his write up.

Back
Top Bottom