Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ive got to say, i could be wrong but them views, show who watches match of the day & who doesnt because you can tell the ones that do because they are right we couldve been on more points, as we were close to a 1pt v man city, 1 or 3 v spurs, poor start to 2nd half cost us 2pts v everton, mcburnie injury cost us 1 or 3 v man utd. so we could be on 9pts coming into this game

Wolves-who-are-rubbish

I sent this to my wolves supporting friend/business acquaintance and he's not happy, he got terribly personal about Brighton fans

Mainly reasonable I thought, only a couple of cocky comments in there really, nowt to get wound up about.
Pretty much. I think we all know it but some of us don't wish to say it out loud, the reality is most if not all fan bases will see us, Luton and possibly Burnley to be teams they're expecting 6 points from with little to no worry so they'll be cocky going in to our games.

Honestly I think a lot of our success in our first Prem season under Wilder was that underdog mentality of taking the game to every team whether home or away, here for a good time etc. I do wish they'd find that mentality again. Not to stray too far off topic, Billys equaliser in our opening game was by far my favourite goal of the past few years, it was scrappy and probably a little lucky but it showed the Prem teams we were up for fighting till the whistle. Spurred on that season.

Nowt wrong with them comments - all pretty much on the money bar the one or two idiots.

Think we have a good chance of getting a win with their injury list and our hopefully mental boost from winning

I’m not really sure where this model club narrative comes from with regards to Brighton. Haven’t they spent near a £0.5-£1bn? To me, they’re a typecast blueprint for modern football, be a wealthy owner’s plaything and spend absolute fortunes.

I’m not really sure where this model club narrative comes from with regards to Brighton. Haven’t they spent near a £0.5-£1bn? To me, they’re a typecast blueprint for modern football, be a wealthy owner’s plaything and spend absolute fortunes.
my view entirely
its a myth that they are this plucky little club with a magical scouting department
their owner regularly writes off 50 m losses even with their imcredible transfer incomings

Match report as Wolves scored two stoppage-time goals to beat Tottenham 2-1; Spurs were forced into four changes but led early thanks to Brennan Johnson; Wolves missed several chances before Pablo Sarabia and Mario Lemina struck in injury-time to stop Spurs going top of the table

Two injury torn sides should help narrow the gap but will it be enough for the Blades to take home point/s.
My fingers are crossed for any success but I'm not overly expectant.
B&HA, 3rd Div. South in mi 1953 'Subbuteo Table Soccer' box.

They have every right to be optimistic, we are still pretty shit by PL standards - even after grabbing a win. Whilst last week will have no doubt given us a little boost it's hard to see anything other than a comfortable defeat.

I scrolled down too much and I read half of it until I realised this wasn't a comment from a Brighton fan:

I accept that my given data and my IP address is sent to a server in the USA only for the purpose of spam prevention through the Akismet program.More information on Akismet and GDPR.

Back
Top Bottom