The one position we needed to fill on the 1st January was

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
A centre half (or preferably 2). It was the only chance we'd have of staying up as it was blatantly obvious that the current ones weren't good enough. But oh no not Sheffield United, we sign a forward and a goalkeeper (I use that term loosely). Fucking criminal. I have no idea what is wrong with this club, we seem incapable of doing the bleeding obvious. I'll be glad when this season is over (which is basically is now) and the Prince has fucked off. Complete shambles from the moment we were promoted.

To be fair we seem to be in for every centre half that’s available 😂

Whether we sign them or not is down to the Prince.

The Prince won't leave next summer as that will involve selling the club, something he hasn't managed to do for two seasons. He'll still be here sucking the lifeblood out of this club.

I think we need to sign a decent scouting and transfer team that can actually spot decent players.

We need to get them in place before we have a complete overhaul, we also need a team that can also manage contracts…

Then we need a decent transfer budget to sign INTELLIGENT, skilful, motivated players.

Maybe then we can have a chance of building something, absolute joke of a team.

It's strange because lots rate Trusty and Robinson but how many have we conceded?! They might not make glaring mistakes but we concede at least 2 every game.

Oh and for Ahmedhodzic...

Trusty was a poor signing. Utter mediocrity. As 'meh' as it gets. I hope we didn't spend 5m on him

Might be adequate next season, but not at PL level. He has no particular strengths
We didn’t buy any players who would give us a chance in the PL, that’s the issue.

We loaned McAtee, he will be a PL player next season. Archer will end up on loan in the Championship because he won’t get a look in at Villa currently.

Slimane and Traore look like piss poor signings but might do ok a level down with a bit of luck or well cut our losses and bin them off to some European farmers league.

The rest are pure Championship players, even Hamer who was good for Coventry but isn’t up to much a league higher in a shit team.

No one at the club believed we had a chance of survival and now the players seem to be desperate for it to end.

Trusty was a poor signing. Utter mediocrity. As 'meh' as it gets. I hope we didn't spend 5m on him

Might be adequate next season, but not at PL level. He has no particular strengths
Hecky and the recruitment team just simply messed up in the summer. You see the names were linked with now that’s what we should have been trying to get in the summer instead of ‘hopefully he comes good’ players

I think we need to sign a decent scouting and transfer team that can actually spot decent players.

We need to get them in place before we have a complete overhaul, we also need a team that can also manage contracts…

Then we need a decent transfer budget to sign INTELLIGENT, skilful, motivated players.

Maybe then we can have a chance of building something, absolute joke of a team.
The owner and his money thing is a bit of a red herring,given that Luton Town spent 26 Mil in the summer window topping up a squad we finished ahead of last season,all games I watched of them this season they have competed the full game even if they lost and now they are in a position to save their PL place.
Our transfer and recruitment policy was just as bad the last time we were in the PL with players like Mousset,Robinson,Brewster, Freeman,there is something fundamentally wrong in this department and until we sort it and become smart and able to compete in recruitment with clubs with similar status to us in size and ambition,and a lot more who are way below us in those areas we are going to continue to make our own problems a lot bigger than they could be both on and off the pitch,because it seems that we don't even realise there is a problem,let alone sorting it out or we wouldn't keep repeating the same mistakes which shoot us in the foot especially after entering the PL.

We didn’t buy any players who would give us a chance in the PL, that’s the issue.

We loaned McAtee, he will be a PL player next season. Archer will end up on loan in the Championship because he won’t get a look in at Villa currently.

Slimane and Traore look like piss poor signings but might do ok a level down with a bit of luck or well cut our losses and bin them off to some European farmers league.

The rest are pure Championship players, even Hamer who was good for Coventry but isn’t up to much a league higher in a shit team.

No one at the club believed we had a chance of survival and now the players seem to be desperate for it to end.
Absolutely. Our three stand out performers last season were Ndiaye, Doyle and McAtee... We've lost two of those and come no where close to replacing them.

We're a much worse team than we were last season, in an exponentially tougher league. It's the opposite of evolution, we've slammed it in reverse. For that Heckinbottom will forever have a black mark against his name, no matter how much he achieved the previous season.... He may have righted the financial ship, but he's put the playing squad back 2 or 3 years!

Unless we sell Anel I wouldn’t bother at this point.
We’re not going to get anyone this late on who realistically improves the team next season.
If Anel goes in the summer, we have Egan and Trusty which is a decent championship pairing, then the whole of the summer to find the right players (which I have no confidence we can do)

Absolutely. Our three stand out performers last season were Ndiaye, Doyle and McAtee... We've lost two of those and come no where close to replacing them.

We're a much worse team than we were last season, in an exponentially tougher league. It's the opposite of evolution, we've slammed it in reverse. For that Heckinbottom will forever have a black mark against his name, no matter how much he achieved the previous season.... He may have righted the financial ship, but he's put the playing squad back 2 or 3 years!
I agreed with everything you said until the last line. It's above him

Back
Top Bottom