Play Off Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Be honest - Who do you think will win the Play Offs? Why?

• PNE

Votes: 73 43.7%
  • Swindon

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • SUFC

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Chesterfield

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters
How many do we have to beat Swindon by for you to start to believe?!

All the cup games last season and this we ha e been positive, there three games are like cup games so why do people think we won't be positive in these 2 hopefully 3 games

Not Swindon because I think we'll beat them.

Not PNE because they can't win playoffs.

Not SUFC because we can't win playoffs.

Process of elimination: Chesterfield.

Though I fancy PNE to win the semi so there should be a fifth option of 'Blades - PNE final and the universe implodes'.

If it's a PNE v Blades final we'll still all be in Wembley taking penalties when next season kicks off.

All the cup games last season and this we ha e been positive, there three games are like cup games so why do people think we won't be positive in these 2 hopefully 3 games

There wasn't any pressure against Southampton, Hull and Spurs. We weren't expected to win any of them anyway.
We are expected to win these games and the prize is huge for us, failure isn't really acceptable and so tactics will be different surely (less positive, keeping it tight etc).

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see them being open end to end games.

Agree with davidpinder and siblade
Swindon have rested players and can score a shed full of goals if given the chance - and they will be against us cos we cannot keep a clean sheet
Also the pressure is very much on United as we are almost expected to reach the final at least - siblade is spot on re the cup games and us being underdogs - means the shackles come off
These games will see the shackles on and the ball and chain and the choker too

SUFC 0 - 0 Swindon Town
Chesterfield 0 - 1 PNE

Swindon 2 - 0 SUFC
PNE 2 - 1 Chesterfield

PNE 1 - 0 Swindon (AET)

Face it, we haven't the fucking conkers. Boy oh, boy ... would I LOVE for them to prove me wrong.

pommpey

Us.

Because I've already had 25 years of blind optimism followed by crushing disappointment, why change it now?

Chesterfield.....it's the footballing Gods way of kicking Unitedites repeatedly in the scrotum.

I think Chesterfield too. We might as well pack in if we lose a final to them. Mighty and fallen don't come close to how humiliating that would be.

Fuck right off with negativity of that magnitude Matt1.
Don't even want to contemplate that scenario, live far too close to Chav Town for that to be in any way acceptable (or even survivable)!

As for the question.
Not a clue. Preston have been on pole for too long to just get over dropping out on the last day in a few days. Swindon are an unknown, will they play or play act against us? Chezzie, please God NOOOOO.
Us? Biggest enigma of all, no idea if we'll get the side that really can play or the shambles that can't.
Bring it on.

So young, so naive, so full of hope ;)

That's me before I start reading the shoutbox on "joke" days Kenny.

Yep, Greccers - I'm just not young any more - and my "hope" is twinged with too much impending disappointment.
It's probably experience as opposed to wisdom - wisdom would be not getting wound up about it, but sadly, I am still far too naive to be wise enough, yet.

Agree with davidpinder and siblade
Swindon have rested players and can score a shed full of goals if given the chance - and they will be against us cos we cannot keep a clean sheet
Also the pressure is very much on United as we are almost expected to reach the final at least - siblade is spot on re the cup games and us being underdogs - means the shackles come off
These games will see the shackles on and the ball and chain and the choker too

5-5-0 tonight then. All hail the return of the false number 9 ;)

Very happy with the team that's been selected. We should be stronger in midfield with Basham pushed forward. If Done was fit and Collins in the frame I'd possibly include them to give us another goalscorer, more height and Brayford at right back, but the confirmed team should also be good. Quite optimistic now.

I think Chesterfield too. We might as well pack in if we lose a final to them. Mighty and fallen don't come close to how humiliating that would be.
After Simonsen day in 2012 its the one fucking humiliation we've not had to endure...yet.

Very happy with the team that's been selected. We should be stronger in midfield with Basham pushed forward. If Done was fit and Collins in the frame I'd possibly include them to give us another goalscorer, more height and Brayford at right back, but the confirmed team should also be good. Quite optimistic now.

And it all fell apart when Brayford was replaced by headless chicken number 2 and Basham pushed into the back 4. Why he didn't bring on Alcock to replace Brayford I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom