POLL - In what position will we finish the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where will we finish the 2023-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last season we finished 2nd and Luton finished 3rd.

Would we have finished above them without Ndiaye and Berge?
It's a really difficult hypothetical to pin down. You can't just delete out both of their contributions last season and just leave it at that.

Ndiaye played 3,721 league minutes last season, and Berge 3,107. That leaves 6,828 minutes of football for other players in the wider squad to have picked up in their stead. Obviously we would be a weaker team without them, but that's well over a full season's worth of minutes for other players to potentially have stepped up.

18th. Relegated due to a last minute goal that’s 20 yards offside. Didn’t get picked up by VAR, as they’d gone to make a brew. Simultaneously the linesmen was tying his shoe lace, so missed it all.

I genuinely think we'll be ok if BDTBL can be a fortress. Time for every true Blade to get in by 2.45 instead of queueing for their flipping Costa and create a banging atmosphere. And then sing our hearts out for 90 mins. Time will tell if that happens.

Go on then. We usually have a poll.

Sort the "clappers" from the "knockers" or the "bedwetters" from the "apologists" or whatever other tribal camps you've come up with over the past fortnight.

Votes are public.
Gone for 17th to stop up by the skin of our teeth.

17th Blades
18th Everton
19th Luton
20th Spurs 🤣

2nd bottom, based on today with no more signings. At the end if the window I expect I'd have voted 4th bottom - but let's see what happens.

I feel much better knowing that all those Prem fancy-dan's are going to get a reyt shoeing from Souza the Bruiser and Robbo. And then Gorgeous George going nose-to-nose with any player who makes slight body contact.

Word will soon get round that it's better to get rid of the ball quickly, than have one of those three coming for you. By the second half of the season, no one will want to be in and around our goal area and we will scrape to 17th and breathe a sigh of relief.

In all seriousness, Hecky lifted a deflated and demoralised squad, when he first took over from Wilder, and we actually won a few games and drew a few games, but it was too late at that point. If anyone can get these lads playing in a decent way, it is Hecky.

Up the mighty (17th position at the end of the season) Blades.
With refereeing getting tougher?! How long will aforementioned be on pitch before gesent off .... time will tell.

19th currently, as no Berge or Ndiaye replacements in, and no proven goal scorer fit.

Not sure where the goals / forward play is coming from at this stage.

Consolation is I can’t see us losing by much most games as the defence seems sound on the face of it.

Hard to say before the window SLAMS SHUT but I think it's pretty obvious we are currently the worst side in the league. Luton have improved, we've got much worse. Hoping it will be different in a few weeks but can only go on what we have now.
Yes. I've gone 19th as it's impossible to see past relegation given how the transfer window has gone on.

I think that is the first time ever I've predicted us to be relegated at the start of a season and that goes back to the late 70s, which shows what an absolute horlicks we've made of this summer, so far

The underlying question on all of these threads seems to be, do we trust HRH ?
He's first and foremost a Business man, he has no ties with England or Sheffield and apart from the fact he owns it, the Club..
But for all the moaning and groaning from some very dubious character's on here , while he's been in charge I've really enjoyed my trips to the Lane, and if their honest I think 99% of true Blades will say the same.
Yes HRH want's out, why we can only speculate, and there's many who do ( especially with it being the school Holidays )
But I honestly believe he'll do his best for the Supporters and the club as well,
I think we'll finish higher than a lot of the moaners think we will,
MID TABLE..,

As with most clubs it's the second season that's the killer......... 👍

17th, I just think that we'll get a oouple of exciting loanees in and maybe another perm. We'll have the seige mentality and sneak some good wins. Trying to remain positive despite Ndiaye and Berge's departure. We aint doing a Derby - no chance - we'll get at least 12 points haha.

As it stands I am not sure they are worse than us. They may well be once we finish our business though.

So far we’ve lost our four best players from last season and signed 4 relatively unknown players. You could probably say Trusty is the only one who’s a definite improvement. Traore was initially thought of as one to develop. Anis is a bit of a punt. Souza looks like he could hopefully be decent but is totally unproven in this country.

Luton have added to the team that got them promoted not lost key players.

We’ve also still got a stupid amount of injuries amongst the squad and barely a fit senior striker.
I hear you but who in their team is premier league quality? Ross Barkley? They have a bang average set of championship players even with additions.
Injuries to our strikers will hurt us though for sure.

Last season we finished 2nd and Luton finished 3rd.

Would we have finished above them without Ndiaye and Berge?
Berge didn’t pull up too many trees even in the championship but I will give you Ndaiye.
How many points ahead of them did we finish though?

Gone with 18th..

We get screwed over at the last game ever at Goodison Park, hawkeye and VAR strangely malfunction and we have three perfectly good goals chalked off as an emotional Everton secure survival in the final game at the grand old stadium, tears all around as plucky united clap off the glorious Everton team and the toffees fans cry tears of sadness and joy..

1-0 Everton 1st minute pen..

Based on now.

We have lost 4 of our top performers from last year and dont have a goalscorer in our ranks.

So I will say bottom and least amount of goals scored by a Premier League team ever (what is the record? )

6th - we’ll pip Burnley when Berge scores an own goal then play Marseille in Europe the following season with Ndiaye crying as he realises his dream was really being lived out with the Blades

Or 4th bottom if I can have a second choice

I’ve gone 19th purely because given the turmoil a lot of clubs seem to be in I think someone’s going to implode this year and I’m hoping Hecky can keep the group together and fighting so that it’s not us.

Gone with 18th..

We get screwed over at the last game ever at Goodison Park, hawkeye and VAR strangely malfunction and we have three perfectly good goals chalked off as an emotional Everton secure survival in the final game at the grand old stadium, tears all around as plucky united clap off the glorious Everton team and the toffees fans cry tears of sadness and joy..

1-0 Everton 1st minute pen..
I'm sure if memory serves me right ( which it probably doesn't )
Alan Woodward had 3 goals ruled out away at Huddersfield in the 70's & we ended up drawing 0-0

I'm sure if memory serves me right ( which it probably doesn't )
Alan Woodward had 3 goals ruled out away at Huddersfield in the 70's & we ended up drawing 0-0

Just before my time mate, was only born in 69, wouldn't surprise me if we got shafted back then as well.

The emotion of the day will get to the officials and they'll do the right thing to ensure Everton give the grand old lady the right send off..

always said a full bramall lane alone will give us momentum

we scored 20 in a season of empty souless grounds , not this time

only a drawn game but the crowds made it a classic, and lifted our players 10 to 20 per cent

lets not forget we blades fans set the stage again

To help. These were the two teams when we played Crystal Palace in our first home game of the 2019-20 season. We finished 9th that season:

1691673559503.png

I am not answering until after the transfer window shuts :p

As shit as we are likely to be and with talk of beating Derbys record, my lad pointed out that Luton are worse than us which I have to agree with. Surely we will finish higher than them? I’ve gone 19th.
Same Luton that took four points off us last season…?

Consolation is I can’t see us losing by much most games as the defence seems sound on the face of it.
Hopefully not the same defence that showed up against Stuttgart.
I still shudder at our attempts to play out from the back that day.

Back
Top Bottom