Transfer window rating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How do you rate this window

• Total voters

Eppyblade

Reaction score
Now it seems that business has been completed there seems to be some discrepancies between people’s thoughts on the success of this window so a poll is the only way to resolve this.

I know people are already hammering fans that question Larouci but that was a big error for me (I wanted the Boro or Swanse lads).
I wanted two attacking midfielders and I think that was the plan until we went in for Thomas late on, we might have wanted LWB cover after the Osborn and Lowe injury anyway, but Larouci not hitting the ground running has definitely stepped up the search I reckon.

Hamer is probably an upgrade, Souza looks class, I worry about Slimane but have seen glimpses, and I actually really back Traore.
Archer should be an excellent addition and McAtee fills the gap from midfield to attack perfectly. A little too early to judge Trusty but he looks a strong edition and I expect him to take Robbos place as soon as he enviably drops a bollock.

I'd give Hecky a 8/10.
It's been a tough one from the second we lost Ndiaye, but he's really gone for it and he's really made the Prince use every penny of our budget and profit.

I know people are already hammering fans that question Larouci but that was a big error for me (I wanted the Boro or Swanse lads).
I wanted two attacking midfielders and I think that was the plan until we went in for Thomas late on, we might have wanted LWB cover after the Osborn and Lowe injury anyway, but Larouci not hitting the ground running has definitely stepped up the search I reckon.

Hamer is probably an upgrade, Souza looks class, I worry about Slimane but have seen glimpses, and I actually really back Traore.
Archer should be an excellent addition and McAtee fills the gap from midfield to attack perfectly. A little too early to judge Trusty but he looks a strong edition and I expect him to take Robbos place as soon as he enviably drops a bollock.

I'd give Hecky a 8/10.
It's been a tough one from the second we lost Ndiaye, but he's really gone for it and he's really made the Prince use every penny of our budget and profit.

I agree with everything you’ve just said.

Selling Berge looks so far to be a master stroke.

I don’t know if he is over rated or just not suited the pace of English football but I think selling him to Burnley and buying Hamer has been a master stroke; and Vicinius Souza is going to be a superb signing

7/10

Better than I expected it to be but still short in a couple of areas.
We need the new players to click and our injury record to improve significantly to stand a chance

BEST SIGNING - Hamer is definitely our signing of the window, a definite upgrade on Berge and was on my wish list

GOOD SIGNING - Souza will be vital for us this season in breaking up play. He'll be one of those players who, unless you watch for the full 90 minutes, you don't truly recognise how good they are and the role that they play.

BARGAIN - I think Trusty will prove to be a very good signing for us in the long term for 5m. JLT is at the top of his game currently and keeping Trust out of the squad at the moment. But it won’t be long until Trusty is our main LCB. I can also see him as a future captain in a few years.

COSTLY - Archer. Really hope I'm wrong on this but too much pressure on young shoulders to carry our forward line and the mental scrutiny our fan base will sadly inevitablly put on him if he doesnt hit the ground running. Whilst I still don't understand all the in and outs of his deal, I feel this is where we needed some experience.

WORST SIGNING - Larouci. Doesn't look ready for this level. Whilst he's been mentioned as a development player. I think the deal came more from our relationship with the City group rather than Hecky and the coaching staff wanting him. Sadly to think Ryan Manning was also available at the time for free in hindsight is a mistake. Don't blame him for not being good enough to start though and bringing in Thomas, couldn't predict our ongoing LWB injury issues.

My opinion on signings in order of best to worst:

1. Hamer
2. Souza
3. Trusty
4. McAtee
5. Traore
6. Archer
7. Slimane
8. Thomas
9. Davies
10. Larouci

Now it seems that business has been completed there seems to be some discrepancies between people’s thoughts on the success of this window so a poll is the only way to resolve this.
Only if everyone votes !!! Otherwise it’s a waste.

Built a side that should get us back up next season. If we just stay up this I will be surprised and delighted.

6/10 made some good signings with what was available but these are signings that should be made without losing your best players to fund them. No one really to blame just the position we are in.

If we'd done this business and kept Ndiaye it would've been a cracking window.
Without him, bit meh.

We've made some good signings (Souza, Hamer, Archer) but I still don't think we have enough goals in us.
If we sign up our best players to new deals I'll at least be satisfied that our medium term future will be OK. Got way too many expiring next Summer, inc. all our youngsters.

If we'd done this business and kept Ndiaye it would've been a cracking window.
Without him, bit meh.
This it for me.

Berge for Hamer is a great bit of business. I can also see why we've signed everyone too, can see the logic in it.

What we've got now + Ndiaye and that would have been lovely. Not sure if we'd got Archer if we hadn't sold Ndiaye though.

1. Hamer
2. Souza
3. Trusty
4. McAtee
5. Traore
6. Archer
7. Slimane
8. Thomas
9. Davies
10. Larouci

The 3 in bold should be great signings,,,,,,the rest really are hopefull signings.

Posted this on another thread:

Here is how I would grade our transfer business at each position

GK: B- Foderingham may just about be good enough, but Davies isn't. This is an area we should have upgraded but didn't.

CB: B+ Trusty looks like a good signing at the position of most need across the back. Only criticism would be we may struggle if Egan goes down.

LWB: C- What a farce. One of the most obvious positions needing a major upgrade, we've blown a chance to fix the position for 3-4 years and ended up with 4-5 LWBs who may only be Championship level. Whatever happens at the end of the year we need a clear out of dead wood at the position.

RWB: A- No improvement, probably didn't need to, good decision making.

CM: A Nice business at CM, shame we couldn't find space in the budget for Doyle, but Hamer for Berge was a coup, and Souza shows potential of being a great addition. We'll see on Davies, but if we get him playing at his potential CM will be an area of strength for us.

ST: B- I know a lot of people are excited by Archer, but at the end of the day the starting pair we have are weaker than when we started, that may be understandable in the context but weaker is weaker, and on top of that we probably aren't good enough either. We have no backup for an injury prone McBurnie. Traore looks like a good long term signing, expect him to thrive next year rather than this year. Its unclear whether Archer can do it in the PL (and won't be with us if relegated). It feels like we are a striker short for the overall group with Jebbo out indefinitely and McBurnie likely to go down at any moment.

Overall B

My only real complaint is that we've essentially replaced our best player with a glorified loan deal

A window in which we sell the best player I’ve ever seen. It can’t be good.

I can’t vote in this. I think it’s been a good window, but I did like Berge, so none of the statements fit my thoughts on it.

Posted this on another thread:

Here is how I would grade our transfer business at each position

GK: B- Foderingham may just about be good enough, but Davies isn't. This is an area we should have upgraded but didn't.

CB: B+ Trusty looks like a good signing at the position of most need across the back. Only criticism would be we may struggle if Egan goes down.

LWB: C- What a farce. One of the most obvious positions needing a major upgrade, we've blown a chance to fix the position for 3-4 years and ended up with 4-5 LWBs who may only be Championship level. Whatever happens at the end of the year we need a clear out of dead wood at the position.

RWB: A- No improvement, probably didn't need to, good decision making.

CM: A Nice business at CM, shame we couldn't find space in the budget for Doyle, but Hamer for Berge was a coup, and Souza shows potential of being a great addition. We'll see on Davies, but if we get him playing at his potential CM will be an area of strength for us.

ST: B- I know a lot of people are excited by Archer, but at the end of the day the starting pair we have are weaker than when we started, that may be understandable in the context but weaker is weaker, and on top of that we probably aren't good enough either. We have no backup for an injury prone McBurnie. Traore looks like a good long term signing, expect him to thrive next year rather than this year. Its unclear whether Archer can do it in the PL (and won't be with us if relegated). It feels like we are a striker short for the overall group with Jebbo out indefinitely and McBurnie likely to go down at any moment.

Overall B
Definitely agree on the goalkeepers, Hecky missed a trick in that department . Just seen Schmichael, that’s Kasper, terminated his contract.
Worth a call?.

I think it’s been steady but not great.

I’d rate them.

1. Hamer
2. McAtee
3. Souza
4. Archer
5. Trusty
6. Traore
7. Slimane
8. Thomas
9. Davies
10. Larouci

Would of liked us to upgrade certainly on Adam Davies, ideally would of liked a new number 1 but Wes has done well so far.

Left wing back is a huge area of concern as Thomas looks lightweight yet maybe steady.

Think Larouci is league 1 level sadly. Fortunately he’s only on loan.

Striker is the last area of concern for me, if Archer or McBurnie get injured (McBurnie highly likely to) then we have 3 academy lads to rely on and Jebbison will be out for a while. I don’t think that will be enough.

Overall 7/10. Would of been 5/10 without McAtee as not one creative player in the squad would of been suicidal.

HAVE HAVE HAVE FFS.

EVEN WITH HAVE IN THE PROPER PLACES ITS STILL LACKING A STRIKER

My order of satisfaction....

1. Hamer
2. McAtee
3. Souza
4. Archer
5. Traore
6. Thomas
7. Davies
8. Slimane
9. Trusty
10. Larouci

Better then I was expecting, but honestly think we may still struggle not to finish bottom.
Tomorrow is such a big game, if we lose then I fear the worst.

Better then I was expecting, but honestly think we may still struggle not to finish bottom.
Tomorrow is such a big game, if we lose then I fear the worst.
Yep agree as the run of fixtures in the 7/8 after are not kind. Luton look absolutely shocking though, we might get 19th 😂

I voted 'Better but MEH'.
'Better', as I wanted us to bring in Hamer (& Gyokeres!) last season, so, I'm happy he's here and that McAtee's back too.
'MEH', for the other signings!. Mainly as I don't know enough about them and based on what I have seen so far, which to be fair is very little to nothing at all. I genuinely hope they all turn out to be great signings and have long careers with us at BDTBL, but as far as I am concerned!, at present the jury's out on them!.
I mean, it would be totally unfair to make an assessment of Archer based on the team's dire display against Lincoln.

Ask the same question again after the Wolves game in November.

Considering Ndiaye left it late deciding to go, after all the effort Hecky put into him, club did well to find decent replacements by end of the transfer window. Berge was always a" wonder when he'll come good "player, looked good on his day, but Hamer looks a more solid player imo, Archer, decent, McAtee, good to see him back, get behind em now, we go with what we've got, UTB

Suppose the cynical view is how much money we are going to bring in if relegated and its not much

We seem to have stock piled attacking midfielders/forwards which I’m not mad about we will need them however defensively I think we have major issues.

Now we have Souza if should offer a bit of relief and makes a back 4 at least an option now but still 1 or 2 injuries to the back line and it’s looking incredibly ropey

A few excellent signings, a few promising ones that will need time, and a few meh.

Not convinced we have the squad to stay up and I think we'll lack creativity and goals at this level to stand a chance.

However, it is what it is. When you see the fees spent and players bought by the clubs we're expected to be challenging with at the wrong end, it's an uphill task without a wealthier owner.

It's now up those of us who attend the games regularly to get behind the players and give them the best atmosphere and help we can.

7/10 for me think it has been a better transfer window than most blades fans were expecting only concern for me is the striker situation think having to bring luke thomas in at lwb has cost us the opportunity to bring another striker in which imo we definetly needed apart from archer and mcburnie i just dont see the goals coming from our other 4 strikers not at this level if those 2 get injured were in big trouble

I'm struggling to see how anyone can rate it an excellent window.

Hamer looks to be an upgrade on Berge, but every other position in the starting lineup is the same or weaker isn't it?

That wouldn't be an excellent window if we'd stayed down, never mind gone up!

Back
Top Bottom