POLL - In what position will we finish the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where will we finish the 2023-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linz

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go on then. We usually have a poll.

Sort the "clappers" from the "knockers" or the "bedwetters" from the "apologists" or whatever other tribal camps you've come up with over the past fortnight.

Votes are public.

Stopping up, couldn’t give a fuck about how squad looks now………..maybe. We always play better when backs to wall everyone against us , kop in full voice, absolute unspeakable scenes on BLUT.

But at least we know we may struggle I am hoping it may surprise a few and they free fall for longer than us

I’ve noticed a business gap in the market for plastic bed sheets.
I might put an advert in the match day program for the bed wetters,

Can I advertise on this site , and should I extend my sales promotion to the Wendy site to catch the piglets on this site too 🤔

Go on then. We usually have a poll.

Sort the "clappers" from the "knockers" or the "bedwetters" from the "apologists" or whatever other tribal camps you've come up with over the past fortnight.

Votes are public.

Can i have some of whatever the person who voted us to finish 1st-5th is having plz

I’m a happy clapper, renewed my season ticket and was looking forward to the Prem. Had we kept last season’s squad (with two loans to replace the City lads) and added Souza & Trusty then I would be hoping for a mid-table finish.
Of course it’s still theoretically possible that we might bring in four footballers as good as Berge, Macca, Illiman and Doyle. You never know your luck until your hat blows off…
In the current circumstances though it is difficult to see anything other than relegation.

As shit as we are likely to be and with talk of beating Derbys record, my lad pointed out that Luton are worse than us which I have to agree with. Surely we will finish higher than them? I’ve gone 19th.

As shit as we are likely to be and with talk of beating Derbys record, my lad pointed out that Luton are worse than us which I have to agree with. Surely we will finish higher than them? I’ve gone 19th.

As it stands I am not sure they are worse than us. They may well be once we finish our business though.

So far we’ve lost our four best players from last season and signed 4 relatively unknown players. You could probably say Trusty is the only one who’s a definite improvement. Traore was initially thought of as one to develop. Anis is a bit of a punt. Souza looks like he could hopefully be decent but is totally unproven in this country.

Luton have added to the team that got them promoted not lost key players.

We’ve also still got a stupid amount of injuries amongst the squad and barely a fit senior striker.

Last season we finished 2nd and Luton finished 3rd.

Would we have finished above them without Ndiaye and Berge?

I feel much better knowing that all those Prem fancy-dan's are going to get a reyt shoeing from Souza the Bruiser and Robbo. And then Gorgeous George going nose-to-nose with any player who makes slight body contact.

Word will soon get round that it's better to get rid of the ball quickly, than have one of those three coming for you. By the second half of the season, no one will want to be in and around our goal area and we will scrape to 17th and breathe a sigh of relief.

In all seriousness, Hecky lifted a deflated and demoralised squad, when he first took over from Wilder, and we actually won a few games and drew a few games, but it was too late at that point. If anyone can get these lads playing in a decent way, it is Hecky.

Up the mighty (17th position at the end of the season) Blades.

Hard to say before the window SLAMS SHUT but I think it's pretty obvious we are currently the worst side in the league. Luton have improved, we've got much worse. Hoping it will be different in a few weeks but can only go on what we have now.

post Chesterfield i wouldve had us to surprise everyone & might even go as far as 15th. i was 1 of the happy clappers.

but now the bubble has been burst, i believe we were led down the garden path. mislead on how bad our financial situation is & when the manager says yes we can stay up but depending on the window because doesnt think we cant with the team we have right now. what hope do we have

what ive seen on pitch is worrying because forget ndiaye & berge. our defence was our strongest asset, it was big reason why we got promotion. yet v stuttgart if it wasnt for wes & them taking their foot off the gas. couldve been 5 up at halftime. i genuinely had more hope going to Wembley v man city

A lot depends on what business we do (or dont) between now and the end of this transfer window. As it stands now, we are way short of what we need to be a threat to even the worst teams in the league. We look like we might have the back 5 starters sorted with the possibility of RND returning to add to this.
Souza looks on paper to be a very shrewd addition and the type of defensive midfield enforcer that we have lacked for a long time. We would all hope that this will give us a platform to work from from hopefully being difficult to score against. This was a large part of the success in our first season in the Prem under Wilder.
Our downfall as it stands will be chances created/taken at the other end of the season. We have lost our main playmakers and attacking threat in Ndiaye, Berge and the 2 lads from Man City.
If we can add some attacking flair then we might have a chance.
Hecky can see we are woefully short and has asked/begged for this to be addressed. Fingers crossed, he will get what he wants/needs.
Regardless, i'm sure that most of you will be there to cheer whichever team is put out. I will continue to support from the other side of the world in the hope that we can at least challenge for 17th or better.
We only have to be better than 3 other teams.
Wolves and Everton look to have continued troubles with finances and are less than stable. Forest will likely be caught up in FFP issues. Luton have added smartly but will still have a challenge to get results and West Ham also look to be having internal battles and possible player losses to come.
Bournemouth have added some players but will be around the bottom 6 again this season.

What about finish bottom 3 but not relegated due to points deductions / administration of Everton Forest and Citeh 🤣

The thing is, the signings that we've already made could end up being great signings and getting a few more in before the end of the window could make us potentially far stronger than last season. The problem is we're talking about potential in the main and whatever happens we're not going to get a complete and settled squad that are used to playing together for 2 months. While other teams are tweaking their squads we're still putting ours together, that's what could be our downfall. You can't only be competitive for 7 months of the season and expect it all to come good in the end at PL level.

Blind faith 11th to 15th
Let's not get too depressed. In the 1990/91 season in the old First Division we had 7 points at Christmas, signed Glyn Hodges in January, and ended up 13th in the league. Brian Deane played in all 38 games. It was the boost to midfield that made all the difference.......could Souza be that man...?

We'll be reyt. Provided that Hecky and co can instil their famed 'us vs the world' underdog mentality in the new recruits, enough other teams will shit the bed to save our blushes.

Let's not get too depressed. In the 1990/91 season in the old First Division we had 7 points at Christmas, signed Glyn Hodges in January, and ended up 13th in the league. Brian Deane played in all 38 games. It was the boost to midfield that made all the difference.......could Souza be that man...?
Bloody hope so! Even 1 or 2 more decent additions and we'll be ok I think.

Back
Top Bottom