New Kit for next year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You'd think we'd all know better than to be excited by a big name signing. I'm going to see what Adidas delivers before getting excited. Have you learnt nothing from signings like King and Lee Hendrie?

Seriously though, I'm not really fussed who our kit sponsor is. I think football branded merchandise / leisurewear is tacky in the extreme and grown men are best avoiding it. I rarely buy a replica shirt as well. This season's was the first in about fifteen years I've had, other than that free one, and that was only because it was very cheap and I was going abroad for the first time in a while (Cayman Islands, since you probably weren't going to ask).

Whatever the new one looks like I expect a feeling of pride seeing a proper Blades kit made by a proper company.

You'd think we'd all know better than to be excited by a big name signing. I'm going to see what Adidas delivers before getting excited. Have you learnt nothing from signings like King and Lee Hendrie?

Seriously though, I'm not really fussed who our kit sponsor is. I think football branded merchandise / leisurewear is tacky in the extreme and grown men are best avoiding it. I rarely buy a replica shirt as well. This season's was the first in about fifteen years I've had, other than that free one, and that was only because it was very cheap and I was going abroad for the first time in a while (Cayman Islands, since you probably weren't going to ask).

Ah, the old 'bigger holiday-maker than you'!
:)

No fucking black in the shirt. Start of the Fall that nonsense was!

Some of our best home kits have had black pinstripes on them. (Well 2, The deckchair from above and the Umbro lace neck one)

I don't really care who makes our kit as I don't wear many sports makes (Adidas, Nike etc).
If I had a kit choice along the lines of what clothes makes I wear our kit would be made by Airwalk, Vans, Stussy or Fruits of the loom.
So long as they don't have a major design malfunction like the diamond home kit horror show.
Oh and they have to have black shorts and white socks along with gold handles on the Blades in the club crest.

Some of our best home kits have had black pinstripes on them. (Well 2, The deckchair from above and the Umbro lace neck one)

I don't really care who makes our kit as I don't wear many sports makes (Adidas, Nike etc).
If I had a kit choice along the lines of what clothes makes I wear our kit would be made by Airwalk, Vans, Stussy or Fruits of the loom.
So long as they don't have a major design malfunction like the diamond home kit horror show.
Oh and they have to have black shorts and white socks along with gold handles on the Blades in the club crest.

Black Shorts (tick)

White socks (tick)

Gold Handles (tick)

However, up until 1975-76 black had never featured in the home shirt. Season prior to that we missed being League Champions by 3 points, that season we got relegated and have generally been in decline ever since. At that point, never been outside the top two divisions and one of the longest runs in the top division of any club, all wearing a simple red and white shirt.

Black Shorts (tick)

White socks (tick)

Gold Handles (tick)

However, up until 1975-76 black had never featured in the home shirt. Season prior to that we missed being League Champions by 3 points, that season we got relegated and have generally been in decline ever since. At that point, never been outside the top two divisions and one of the longest runs in the top division of any club, all wearing a simple red and white shirt.

Think the decline was more down to the players, managers and board of (mis)directors than the shirts though :-D

To be honest, if Adidas wanted to make me happy they would just put 3 stripes down the shoulder of that shirt

I'm viewing on my mobile in the office so the hand is pointing to the bloke sitting next to me. He has a pale blue shirt on with a navy tie. I don't think the Adidas stripes would add much to it.

It was my first holiday abroad for a few years and every other bugger on here chucks a gloat or two in when they go somewhere nice so I thought I'd get on board. :)

Touring Italy in 3 weeks Latters, including Florence, Pisa, Venice, Rome, Naples, Sicily and Sardinia. Unfortunately no pics of me in a new Blades shirt by Adidas, but there will be some of me in my new Nudger T Shirt. :)

Yellow shorts as well?
Do you want us to look bananas?

Best away kit we ever had was all yellow!

sheff-utd-a-77-79.gif

Back
Top Bottom