Most Foreign Players in a Blades Squad?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RetfordBlade

Reaction score
I was just wondering with Hamer probably coming in and the fact all of our other signings have been non UK Players, will this year be the season where we've had the most non UK players?

If so huge change from Wilder years where we we're essentially a British and Irish team.

About time too, just look at Brighton/ Brentford as clubs that have gone down that route

We are certainly casting our net a lot further than before. All so far are relatively unknowns and un proven in England, massive pressure on the recruitment team to prove they know what they're doing.

The 06/07 season not quite as full but not far off for playing wise, 2 Jamaican's, 1 Antiguan, 1 Guadeloupean, 1 Turkish, 1 French, 1 Egyptian, and the rest British and Irish.

I’m fairly sure Warnock had more, but they were mainly shite and cost about £50k.

The good thing is that those we’ve signed all seem to be English speaking so it’s not like having Hai Haidong sat there thinking “what the fuck is going on”.

I’m fairly sure Warnock had more, but they were mainly shite and cost about £50k.

Mainly big black lads who played up front.

Bought in bulk to save money; it's the 'Bladesway'.

Warnock would then irrationally fall in love with them (Chief, Jaffo) or fall out with them (Barry Hayles, Paul Furlong etc etc).

We are certainly casting our net a lot further than before. All so far are relatively unknowns and un proven in England, massive pressure on the recruitment team to prove they know what they're doing.
And arguably massive pressure on us fans to prove we have the patience to let them gel.Exciting season incoming again.😊👍UTB

Back
Top Bottom