Gone Elsewhere Matthew Kilgallon (Would he come back?)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NlTquoV.jpg

Really hope we don't sign him. Would put Wilder's judgement as to the type of player we need in to huge doubt.

Really hope we don't sign him. Would put Wilder's judgement as to the type of player we need in to huge doubt.

A centre back with experience who knows what it means to play for the shirt of this club?

How is that not what we need?

A centre back with experience who knows what it means to play for the shirt of this club?

The only downside I can see, is that hes 32 but thats neither here nor there.

Hes 6" 2
A centre back
Has tons of experience, entire career in leagues above this one (Even has champions league experience..... ;) )

If we get him I wont be unhappy. Just need someone to partner him now.... come on McFadz

Why? Interested to hear your opinions.....
I didn't rate him too highly when he was here, never mind 6 years on. He's past it.

And you're using that as the basis on which to sign a player?

I'm afraid ability is quite important too. He's exactly the opposite of the type of player we need to be after. So sick of being linked with past it's, former players, and championship rejects.

The only downside I can see, is that hes 32 but thats neither here nor there.

Hes 6" 2
A centre back
Has tons of experience, entire career in leagues above this one (Even has champions league experience..... ;) )

If we get him I wont be unhappy. Just need someone to partner him now.... come on McFadz

Not essential but he's also left footed. Adds to the balance Wilder is looking for in his partnerships

I didn't rate him too highly when he was here, never mind 6 years on. He's past it.

I'm afraid ability is quite important too. He's exactly the opposite of the type of player we need to be after. So sick of being linked with past it's, former players, and championship rejects.

I'm saying they're significant attributes to the type of side Wilder wants to build here, not the sole basis. Of course ability is important.

I've no qualms with past players or 'championship rejects' if they still have some gas in the tank. I can't claim to have seen Killa recently, but Wilder must believe there's something in him if he is indeed signing.

He was an excellent player when he was with us last time - he won the player of the year whilst with us too!

I saw him a few times last season at a few Blackburn matches and he looked a very accomplished, solid, Championship defender.

If we get him, on our new wage structure, then I'd be very happy.

He was an excellent player when he was with us last time - he won the player of the year whilst with us too!

I saw him a few times last season at a few Blackburn matches and he looked a very accomplished, solid, Championship defender.

Many people were saying similar things to me when Hammond signed.

Hope you're not going to be eating your words, but I suspect you will be.

Many people were saying similar things to me when Hammond signed.

Hope you're not going to be eating your words, but I suspect you will be.

No one said similar things to Hammond, he hadn't played for Leicester for a long time, so how could they have seen him in regular action to make an assessment?

Matthew Kilgallon - wasn't that good when he was with us, but still won player of the year! Love it.

I rated Killa last time he was here...all depends on the age/fitness issue...could be just what we need as part of three new CB signings or as Barney just said could be a Hammond...I'll trust Wilder on this one if true ;)

I rated Killa last time he was here...all depends on the age/fitness issue...could be just what we need as part of three new CB signings or as Barney just said could be a Hammond...

90% of fans rated him, because he was a damn good centre back for us.

No one said similar things to Hammond, he hadn't played for Leicester for a long time, so how could they have seen him in regular action to make an assessment?

Matthew Kilgallon - wasn't that good when he was with us, but still won player of the year! Love it.
I made the comparison with Hammond in that the vast majority thought he'd be a good signing, and when I tried to explain to them that he wouldn't be, I was met with a similar stream of vitriol.

Back
Top Bottom