James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The hope would be we have let him know he isn't first choice, and if he wants to go for more pitch time, he can.

Trouble is, market for big gangly non footballers is limited. With Evans at Mansfield now out, who else would have him ?

I suspect unless James lowers his expectations where he thinks he is, we are stuck. L2 about reet.

GLTTL.

UTB

It's going to difficult to sell him with his wages. I assume he'll have been on a good wage to begin with (more than Bradford were paying him), but add on-top an uplift for promotion and there's probably only 2 or 3 sides in League 1 who can afford him.

Must be a right old kick in the nuts feeling that the club accepted the offer, so he knows his times up.

Must be a right old kick in the nuts feeling that the club accepted the offer, so he knows his times up.
It's realistic. Hanson would probably be more than aware of it.

He's 5th choice. If Wilder gets his way and adds another striker, that would make him 6th choice.

Writing was on the wall in May in all honesty.

Said it before, all things considered, bizarre signing !

UTB

We should sell him and get a young Premier League striker on loan or an experienced out of favour one that scores goals at this level. Billy and Leon upfront together will struggle in this division, we need someone who is going to make runs in behind, run at defenders with pace, beat them and put the ball in the net.

Last edited:

We should sell him and get a young Premier League striker on loan or an experienced out of favour one that scores goals at this level. Billy and Leon upfront together will struggle in this division, we need someone who is going to make runs in behind, run at defenders with pace, beat them and put the ball in the net.

Der...... but what if no-one wants to buy him? Der........but what if he prefers to sit on his lovely long remunerative contract and not take a pay cut? Der..........isn't every club looking for the same and others can afford them.

Maybe Big Jim's not outgoing..... yet. But he's certainly not shy about going out. A very regular (and highly recognisable) feature in the pubs around Bradford..... Wish the bloke no ill and recognise that professional footballers deserve a bit of down time- but I'm not sure that he's settled with the Blades or that he's particularly focussed on regaining his fitness and earning a shirt in the first team. Regardless of whether he features in CW's plans going forward, I hope my suspicions are wrong....

Der...... but what if no-one wants to buy him? Der........but what if he prefers to sit on his lovely long remunerative contract and not take a pay cut? Der..........isn't every club looking for the same and others can afford them.
Mansfield had a bid accepted today but he refused to go. Apparently he wouldn't let go off the changing room door frame.

So CW accepting the bid clearly shows he's surplus to requirements. So everyone on here can be happy he's trying to move him on.

I can only see Hanson leaving on loan with us paying a decent amount of his wages.

He's nearly 30 with a 2 year contract on probably the highest wages he's ever been on. He's unlikely to find a club to match that never mind improve on it. So financially I couldn't fault him if he looks after himself and his family and banks the full amount of that contract.

Unfortunately that doesn't help us, but we gave him that contract so we honour it.

Maybe Big Jim's not outgoing..... yet. But he's certainly not shy about going out. A very regular (and highly recognisable) feature in the pubs around Bradford..... Wish the bloke no ill and recognise that professional footballers deserve a bit of down time- but I'm not sure that he's settled with the Blades or that he's particularly focussed on regaining his fitness and earning a shirt in the first team. Regardless of whether he features in CW's plans going forward, I hope my suspicions are wrong....
A player going on 30 will not want to fester on the bench or not in the match day squad.He has a 2 year contract but needs to further his career into his mid thirties he won't have made a fortune out of the game so far so he will move on when a reasonable deal comes along with a club he fancies.He will get a good termination bonus from us,blades have a good reputation in the game for being fair with players ( once a blade always a blade ). This is all conjecture anyway as Wilder may want to keep him,he will be a useful player to have in the squad it depends on whether Hanson would be happy with that.
I think not.

He's a classic Steve Evans type player. Mansfield would be great for him

Steve Evans and the Mansfield Chad ,even neither of those beacons of truth have confirmed its Hanson ,seem a bit flakey to me especially as hes injured.

Can everyone remember last season when we went on a relatively poor run so many on here were saying we needed more strength up top so we signed Hanson and then didn't lose another game.....

*apologies for being even slightly positive about one of our players, I don't want to be labelled as one of the 'Hanson protection police'.

If I were CW , I'd be looking to shift more than one of our strikers out ....... If they're not injury-prone , they're too old & slow. We needed a full revamp after May but it didn't happen and now it's our obvious weakness.

Watch out guys, the Hanson protection police will be along shortly as usual...

Here I am! If we sell Hanson we not only lack any pace up front but height too. If we had a few injuries up top would we be so keen to get rid?

Can everyone remember last season when we went on a relatively poor run so many on here were saying we needed more strength up top so we signed Hanson and then didn't lose another game.....

*apologies for being even slightly positive about one of our players, I don't want to be labelled as one of the 'Hanson protection police'.

Also this. Spot on sir.

Back
Top Bottom