James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Surprised this hasn't already been posted. Apparently there was a 'LOT' of talk amongst Bradford fans at their play off game that he's on his way here. From a poster on Bladesmad whose Bradford supporting mate text him about it.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise for him to come here would it? We have lacked real presence for a long time and he's an absolute handful in the air.

I think he'd be a good donkey for us, but not a first choice donkey.

Surprised this hasn't already been posted. Apparently there was a 'LOT' of talk amongst Bradford fans at their play off game that he's on his way here. From a poster on Bladesmad whose Bradford supporting mate text him about it.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise for him to come here would it? We have lacked real presence for a long time and he's an absolute handful in the air.

We have to go for first choice donkeys , as hopefully Wilder is building a promotion winning first 11 , with the rest banging down his office door , with why am I not being picked boss.

Always liked that Hanson bloke , and I think Wilder ( with Billy's nod of approval ,) will be looking for someone to partner him up front to share the load and goal threat .

• Banned
Hanson's not the most suitable partner for Sharp, unless we were going very direct. Sharp needs a player who'll thread balls through to him in the box, compete for balls in the air and run the channels. So I'd prefer a different striker to play with Sharp most of the time but I'd take Hanson as a rotation player.

I hope this comes off, I think he is a brilliant player for this level.

He bullies the centre backs, wins more than he loses in aerial battles aswell as working hard to close down and give the opposition no time on the ball. Would be perfect foil for Billy I reckon.

So a random poster claims his mate said he'd heard talk about a player moving.

With sources as strong as that it must be s done deal

He's always looked dangerous against us - but that could because he was up against the "skills" of jay and Collins.

Must say tho it would be nice to see someone win some arial balls after watching sammon fail to jump for a year / shrink when he ties

would be the first decent target man since cressy?

Wanted us to sign him the last two seasons. He bullies our centre backs every time he plays us. I bet every centre back in the division dreads seeing his name on the teamsheet. Scores a fair few goals aswell for a target man. Would be an astute signing

Can't see this on BM

I don't exactly want to see this kind of player signed.. But in this league, he's the kind of player we need.

With jumping to conclusions & criticising Chris wilder/ transfer committee because we may have other transfer targets. But we've needed at least 2 maybe 3 new centre backs on permanent deal since January 2015 when Clough was here. & our 1st target is a striker

If this is the type of player were looking at then we can forget promotion. His goal per game ratio over the last couple of years is 1 in 4.

People said similar things about Neil Shipperley.

Neil Shipperley had some footballing ability and had played in the premier. He had a great first touch and had enough of a "footballing brain" to thread a pass.

Hanson is tall and strong, and that's about it.

I'm not saying that we couldn't use a target man, I'm just saying Hanson is not of the quality we're after, especially if we're trying to get out this league.

We need a target man and there aren't many better in this division. You're guaranteed double figures from him.
Will be a good rotation option and very useful to throw on with 20 minutes to go in games, or to start and wear the defenders down for an impact sub like Che.

Would have no problem with this at all. Significantly weaken Bradford as well.

Be nice to have an aerial threat again.

I bet you didn't say that when we signed him.

I was one of the few that thought HMS would be a success at the time he signed, though my signing judgement record is somewhat ruined by me praising the Onuora signing while criticising the Chief signing.

Easy to forget that with 11 goals Shipperley was our highest scorer in the league the season we went up, ahead of Webber with 10.

We need a target man and there aren't many better in this division. You're guaranteed double figures from him.
Will be a good rotation option and very useful to throw on with 20 minutes to go in games, or to start and wear the defenders down for an impact sub like Che.

Would have no problem with this at all. Significantly weaken Bradford as well.

Be nice to have an aerial threat again.

Hanson is a guaranteed 10+ goals a season.

Could be Wilder's Neil Shipperley.

I'd hardly say your garunteed double figures, he only got 9 last season

Back
Top Bottom