James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My take on hanson is that he's the best header of the ball in league one .allways gives centre half a hard time ,and is more mobile than people are making out .would be a good addition to our small squad. Some moaning fuckers on here

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good addition to the squad, the problem is he's a player who would want decent wages and we'd have to pay a fee for. I don't think we're in a position to be doing that for players who would be on the bench. I also doubt he would want to go from being the main man at Bradford to a squad player.

Talking to Bradford fans in the pub before our game at the Lane last season over the Christmas period and they were scathing about Hanson, saying he only plays well when on tv, and were hoping he wouldn't be in the starting XI.
They were hoping someone would come in for his as he seems to have a good reputation outside of Bradford due to his TV appearances, but week in week out is poor. Just a lump up front with little ability was their opinion.
I'd be underwhelmed with this signing. Particularly when I was hooing Che and Billy would be first choice pairing throughout the season, and we still have Done, DCL and possibly McNulty. I don't think strikers are a priority. Defenders and wingers are.

You must have bumped into the only Bradford fans that don't like him then.... Every one I speak to raves about him.

ALL fucking international players. Great comparison.

Do your fucking homework pal.

UTB.
And Stoke are in the premier league. We are in the third division.

I must be kidding some point?

UTB

Wonder if Stoke fans said that when they signed Peter Crouch ,Chelsea when they signed Drogba and West Ham when they signed Andy Carroll (who should be going to the Euros btw) ?

I'm sure Drogba was a different type of striker to the like of Crouch, Carroll and Hanson. For a start he was rather mobile, decent with the ball at his feet and wasn't just an idiot to lump it to. Wouldn't say he's a targetman by definition, more of a Complete Forward.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good addition to the squad, the problem is he's a player who would want decent wages and we'd have to pay a fee for. I don't think we're in a position to be doing that for players who would be on the bench. I also doubt he would want to go from being the main man at Bradford to a squad player.
If we sign hanson I'll wager that he will start most games ,as for wages don't think that would be a problem ,Bradford don't pay big wages they just don't have the income to do it .People should have listened to wilder when he said from now on players coming in will get what they are worth or they won't be coming ,think for once we have a lad running the club who knows what he's doing .

I'm sure Drogba was a different type of striker to the like of Crouch, Carroll and Hanson. For a start he was rather mobile, decent with the ball at his feet and wasn't just an idiot to lump it to. Wouldn't say he's a targetman by definition, more of a Complete Forward.
Add Crouch and, to a lesser extent Caroll to that as well.

£100 million of talent in today's market for the three of them.

I'm all for taller more physical players but they have to be comfortable on the ball.

Our last three target man signings have been Henderson, Higdon and Sammon. I could make a very strong case for including all three in a list of top 10 all time Blades shittiest ever players.

As has been said, assuming Sharp is the main man up top, he needs a partner with guile and a bit of pace. Sharp has NEVER done well off a target man. His best performances being with Keogh at Scunthorpe, Coppinger at Doncaster and Lambert at Southampton. I accept Lambert had target man type qualities but was much more of a rounded CF than just being labelled a target man. Bit like Brian Deane.

I could just about make a case for Hanson coming in to the squad to serve the impact sub role, but never in a month of Sunday's should he be our first choice striker if we are serious about promotion.

UTB

We are in the 3rd division back at you 'pal' God youre hard aren't you.
Hi.

Me again.

It's 2016 and the promoted sides from L1 are Wigan, Burton, and either Millwall or Barnsley.

This target man blueprint for success from THIS VERY division do not appear to support your theory (possible exception with Morrison at Mllwall).

The inconvenient truth is that for the past few seasons, this has been so.

If we can get Andy Carroll through the door, than I would welcome him with open arms ;)

James Hanson ................... ?

Meh !!!!!!!!!!

UTB

To add to my point, the other 'big' teams who have got promoted from this division and the target men who allowed them to switch up the play to make it happen:

Preston - Kevin Davies
Bristol City - Matt Smith, Aaron Wilbraham
Huddersfield (sigh) - Alan Lee

It isn't a coincidence.

This year was an exception to the rule, Wigan had the money to blow everyone out the water so didn't need a target man, meanwhile Burton just about managed to claw their way up. They did often use Lucas Akins as a target man out wide but not in the true sense of the word I suppose.
If Millwall go up they've had Steve Morrison.

It isn't about becoming a 'hoof' team, it's about being able to change your style mid game to win those gritty 0-0's against a stubborn Port Vale side etc.
And then in games they start, you can bring Adams or Done on to exploit the worn down defences. Makes total sense.

If Hanson is our choice, don't write him off. The fact remains there isn't a better target man in league one, and we are a 'big' side who, as I've provided facts for, tend to have a target man to call on when the going gets tough.

Now Matt Smith is one that I would welcome, unfortunately got a year left at Fulham I think.
Me too, he'd be my number 1 choice this summer if we were to buy a cenner forrad but Fulham will be utilizing him with Dembele on his bike.

Ill stand by whats been said. Hanson would be a poor signing. As would any other player in this mould.

Slow, cumbersome, constantly doing a Hendo and giving needless fouls away, thus turning over possession etc etc. Seen it all before and it don't work. Sharp and Hanson would be a disaster.

Sharp n Adams.
Sharp n Done.
Sharp n Evans.

This is what I want to see. With good supply though midfield, something that was non existent last season, any of these pairings could flourish.

If he comes, lets give it till Xmas to see who's right.

UTB.

Anyone know what was said?

Reluctantnicko is Alan Nixon, a journo who gets bits of itk info, but his account is blocked and I don't have a twitter account anyway

Mike Stephenson ‏@Stephenson87M
24m24 minutes ago
reluctantnicko Morning Alan, heard there may be a managerial change at Bradford, Rosler been mentioned?? Also anything on Hanson to sufc?

0 retweets 0 likes

1. ">
Mike Stephenson ‏@Stephenson87M
@reluctantnicko Thanks for that. The rumour on Hanson stems frm the Bradford end, they think it's nailed on! Anything on Mark Duffy to sufc?

Ill stand by whats been said. Hanson would be a poor signing. As would any other player in this mould.

Slow, cumbersome, constantly doing a Hendo and giving needless fouls away, thus turning over possession etc etc. Seen it all before and it don't work. Sharp and Hanson would be a disaster.

Sharp n Adams.
Sharp n Done.
Sharp n Evans.

This is what I want to see. With good supply though midfield, something that was non existent last season, any of these pairings could flourish.

UTB.

Dronnie , you may well be correct , but the dynamics of who we sign and don't sign will be different next season . We are league 1 , not shopping at Waitrose and beggars cannot be choosers . IMO Hanson is a established league 1 player , who can score , make and assist goals , defend set pieces . If he is on the Wilder radar it's a no brainier to me. Sign him.

Ok he may be a lump target , but is more useful than a Hendo , and could well think it's a privilege to be playing for the blades if we bought him. The bloke Hanson would be a asset to us , but we all see the game differently .

UTB

Dronnie , you may well be correct , but the dynamics of who we sign and don't sign will be different next season . We are league 1 , not shopping at Waitrose and beggars cannot be choosers . IMO Hanson is a established league 1 player , who can score , make and assist goals , defend set pieces . If he is on the Wilder radar it's a no brainier to me. Sign him.

Ok he may be a lump target , but is more useful than a Hendo , and could well think it's a privilege to be playing for the blades if we bought him. The bloke Hanson would be a asset to us , but we all see the game differently .

UTB

A corner whipped in and Hanson running from outside the box, crashing rhrough defenders and heading in, yep, I can see that, it's one thing that we don't really have at the minute.

I understand why some people on here don't want Hanson, and I understand why some do.

The thing is, while it is fun to speculate on players, all we can do in reality is sit back and put our faith in Chris Wilder and Alan Knill. I am sure they were already scouting and planning a raid on players, no matter which club they were at for the coming season.

Sharp n Adams.
Sharp n Done.
Sharp n Evans.

UTB.

Sorry mate ...... got to disagree here ....... I'm not in favour of Hanson myself and certainly not Henderson ....

But IMHO, we've tried Sharp & Adams and that doesn't really work and I don't believe that Sharp & Done will work either.

Not sure about Evans, his trial isn't until October and I've no idea what his fitness is like so I really think we should be going for a striker now, to partner Sharp, so they have a full pre-season to train together and develop a partnership ...

UTB & FTP

Assuming that "direct" is a euphemism for Bassett style crude, ugly Hoof then the question must be:

"What was found out and discredited decades ago, everywhere but S2 and went on to win the Premier League in 2016? "

Fixed it for you :)

Except of course that Leicester don't play ugly, crude hoof...

Ranieri: Italy's answer to Diplodocus Dave.

Definitely, there's a difference between playing direct and countering quickly rather than aimlessly and predictably lumping it to a big target man.

From Wilder's interview with Giddings today:

"Hanson's shit, let the hoofers at Bradford keep their big lump of lard; I've got far better in the pipeline..."

(Admittedly, I'm interpreting CW's words here & that wasn't exactly what he said.)

;)

Probably because, knowing us, we'll have offered him a 4 year deal on 10k a week.

I think we need to try and sell, he's not gonna be good enough this season, reckon we can probably get some League 1 clubs interested, he's good enough at that level.

Back
Top Bottom