Match Thread Grimsby Town v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The twitter feed's saying: Long, Brayford, Hussey, Wilson, O’Connell, Fleck, Basham, Done, Duffy, Calvert-Lewin, Sharp

I thought that we started off slowly but then when we upped the tempo we looked a class above a poor Grimsby side who were playing just 1 up front.
Our goals were very soft/ poor defending but there's was a beauty, although Long should have done better.
They looked much better in the build up to their goal, when they played an extra striker, but as the game went on with several substitutions, they tired more than United and we could have scored more.
Best of the rest was Billy's strike hitting the bar.
Che looked desperate to score, when he came on for Billy, with team mates constantly trying to put him in.
At the end it was a good workout and good to see a couple of new faces being given a run out in the 1st team.

I hope that no Blades got involved with any of the 'meat heads' from Grimsby who were sat in the same stand as me!!!???
Finally, their version of the grease chip butty was embarrassing!

Had a lovely day at the seaside... Quality beer, spot-on fish and chips and stayed out of the way of all of the dickheads. The result was a bonus.

Was warned earlier in the week by SYP's supporter liaison that it was gonna kick off.

Didnt see any trouble but heard of it when i entered the ground.. Did anyone see anything

Fleck looks good from those highlights. Good vision and passing range.

Had a lovely day at the seaside... Quality beer, spot-on fish and chips and stayed out of the way of all of the dickheads. The result was a bonus.

Was warned earlier in the week by SYP's supporter liaison that it was gonna kick off.

Shame Plod didn't act on this info. Well not efficiently enough IMO

Presumably they would know the Grimsby troublemakers. It's Grimsby not effing Chicago

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom