Match Thread Grimsby Town v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everything was going fine. Blades boozing generally having a good time with the odd song belting out - then the Grimsby fans attacked the square - they drew first blood -

If it's good enough for Rambo it's good enough for the Blades, eh?

From the GT forum
"Absolutely no need for it at all, but we did smash up Sheffield City centre a few seasons ago, especially around the Graduate Pub, I remember walking through it after it and it wasn't nice at all, it was like a bomb site, so they are just getting their own back, obviously that doesn't make it right, but we did the same at Sheffield so we had it coming... Let's not pretend all our fans are angels because we aren't, every club has a MINORITY who are scum"

From the GT forum
"Absolutely no need for it at all, but we did smash up Sheffield City centre a few seasons ago, especially around the Graduate Pub, I remember walking through it after it and it wasn't nice at all, it was like a bomb site, so they are just getting their own back, obviously that doesn't make it right, but we did the same at Sheffield so we had it coming... Let's not pretend all our fans are angels because we aren't, every club has a MINORITY who are scum"
Been saying this since last week , they knew we werent at home that week , so came to town showing off , guess what cod face , what goes around , comes around

There is always going to be trouble at football matches now and then. Always has, always will.

That is just an unfortunate fact of life.

That is part of football, you go to the match with that risk in mind.

If you don't like the trouble, eliminate the risk and don't go.

However if you choose to attend, you're accepting that risk so you've got little/no right to moan when it happens.
No right to.moan when some unwashed drain on the benefits system threatens children in the street? Children who support the same team as the aggressor "supports."

Getting a bit sick of reading some comments standing up for the Neanderthals causing the trouble today.

I'm all for people having a good time but if going to a match to have a good time involves getting pissed and intimidating others for the sake of it then I fear that football may be a lost cause for me.

Anybody who thinks it is acceptable behaviour or defends this type of behaviour in any way or undermines those who believe it is awful behaviour ought'nd be going. Inflicting worry or concern to anybody wishing to simply enjoy a day at the sea and hoping to enjoy a game of football is disgraceful. Quite frankly there are some on here I would have zero time for if I had the displeasure of meeting or knowing them. Can't we enjoy football for what it should be? The world is totally going to fucking pot and although football is only a minor part of that it saddens me that even this has to be a huge problem at the moment. I'll attend Bolton but if I have to witness any sort of ill-minded behaviour from fellow Blades then I'm going to have to think long and hard whether I want to be considered as a part of this following.
After Hull at Wembley 2 years ago the inquests on here were about what the club will do etc. Nothing is the apparent answer.
There are still several on here defending the louts now.

Only problem with that is I doubt those who've had their premises trashed came over to Sheffield in the first place.
True that Bushy , my main gripe is , anyone that's been to Grimsby know the flash points ,
Linz was told , during last week by the old bill it was going to kick off ,
and guess what fuckall was done about .
Last year they came to Sheffield , and showed off , they got there comeuppance on satdi .

True that Bushy , my main gripe is , anyone that's been to Grimsby know the flash points ,
Linz was told , during last week by the old bill it was going to kick off ,
and guess what fuckall was done about .
Last year they came to Sheffield , and showed off , they got there comeuppance on satdi .

You mean when they lost the football match 3-1?

Sunshine, seaside, football and copious amounts of beer.......... Hmmmmm. ...... Now where have I seen that combination before produce similar outcomes. Next thing someone will posit that the Pope is indeed Catholic and that bears do indeed shite in the woods.

You mean when they lost the football match 3-1?
With proper policing , all of this could have been avoided , but guess what , common sense didn't prevail ,
the trouble happened , I don't approve of it , but can understand why it happened ,
Saw the video , when ordinary Blades where being walked up by the side of the beach , Grimsby fans attacked innocent supporters , rest of our supporters went to help , I see nowt wrong with that , they wanted trouble , they got trouble , the ones that where looking for it got clipped , so what .
I've gone to games when I wasn't looking for hassle , some fucker tried it on and got a slap .
I'm not the biggest or bravest fucker , I can take a slagging , I Can be great craic .
But I won't take shit from some fucker throwing there weight around , because I'm from Sheffield , or a Blade .

With proper policing , all of this could have been avoided , but guess what , common sense didn't prevail ,
the trouble happened , I don't approve of it , but can understand why it happened ,
Saw the video , when ordinary Blades where being walked up by the side of the beach , Grimsby fans attacked innocent supporters , rest of our supporters went to help , I see nowt wrong with that , they wanted trouble , they got trouble , the ones that where looking for it got clipped , so what .
I've gone to games when I wasn't looking for hassle , some fucker tried it on and got a slap .
I'm not the biggest or bravest fucker , I can take a slagging , I Can be great craic .
But I won't take shit from some fucker throwing there weight around , because I'm from Sheffield , or a Blade .
Exactly! Those Grimsby fans that came to the train station acting the big I am and thinking they could get away with it after what they did to innocent Blades on the beach, who came for the day out at the seaside, they deserved everything they got.

There was another instance in the day when Grimsby came to a pub, not knowing it was full of Blades, who when they set upon a couple of Blades outside it got a good hiding again when the Blades fans came outside. Now whilst I don't condone it, from what I can gather the Blades didn't start anything, they just finished it.

I want to go and jump off a bridge after reading this.

It's given my arm a fucking headache - can the mods please stop replies?

The people concerned just continue to drag the name of the club through the mud. I can definitely see why people are getting fed up of attending matches. Crap team, terrible referees and linesmen, and a bunch of louts who will show the club in a terrible light.

Reading the Grimsby forum. One of the locals is currently in hospital in an induced coma after being attacked on Saturday.

Looks like things have taken a darker turn.

Back
Top Bottom