Match Thread Grimsby Town v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Last time I went it all kicked off in the arcade. Near the 2p machines.

Now that's VERY Cleethorpes :)

It's a muthafuckin' rocknroll hellhole...

I saw a Steeleye Span tribute band, fuckin' mental night.
Band started bottlin' the crowd.

Twenty-minute, high on acid and LSD accordion frenzy.

I can see it getting a bit 'fackin nawty' down there on Saturday.

That would be a sensible assessment, I would imagine a small number on both sides are likely to have the potential of disorder.

As long as you have your head screwed on, there's no reason not to suggest you can't avoid any potential issues entirely, along with the other 95%.

Stay safe Blades and see you in various establishments beside the seaside

Didnt those that want it , from Grimesby , show off in Sheffield town centre last year , while we 'united ' were away , so yes unfortunately "Foxy " could be right .
( I know foxy's always right ) .
According to Linz that is .o_O

Can't wait to this one, last time I went to Grimsby I was only 12 so I didn't get to enjoy a pint in the sunshine next to the glorious Humber Estuary. Fish and chips were always tidy on the corner next to the away end though.

Also the only ground where I've had to be thrown into a garden by my dad after a police officer lost control of her police horse and it smashed into a lamppost outside the Leaking Boot, nearly trampling me in the process.

Reactions: Dkc
Cleethorpes.

It's like the Las Vegas of the east coast.

The Las Vegas of 1805.
It could be a hot day, so make sure that you Yorkshire Puddings wear your traditional attire for a day at the seaside, the pub next to the ground has closed down, the leaking boot pulled down but there is a row of bars including a new Weatherspoon's on the High St. with pavement seating.
The pier has had a multi million pound facelift, stay clear it's too upmarket for you lot but on a clear day you can see Yorkshire across the river, smell it too if the wind is in the wrong direction.
cleethorpes.jpg

It could be a hot day, so make sure that you Yorkshire Puddings wear your traditional attire for a day at the seaside, the pub next to the ground has closed down, the leaking boot pulled down but there is a row of bars including a new Weatherspoon's on the High St. with pavement seating.
The pier has had a multi million pound facelift, stay clear it's too upmarket for you lot but on a clear day you can see Yorkshire across the river, smell it too if the wind is in the wrong direction.
View attachment 18609
Must be a refreshing smell compared to the stench of Cleethorpes.

You are now entering Cleethorpes - please set your watch back 200 years

328B1C6E00000578-3509170-The_Grimsby_poster_declares_Any_Port_in_a_Storm_and_shows_discar-a-74_1458908037094.jpg

Friday Update
The Grimsby paper is predicting 2,000 Blades fans to make the journey & that the Mariners could sign a new striker in time to play.
Bad news in that the paddling pool is out of action due to a problem with the filtration.
Don't throw anyone off the pier even if the tide is in.
Don't jump off the pier even if the tide is in, there may be a minutes silence before the match in memory of the Mariners fan who did this last Sat night.
The best fish n chips are the ones that are freshly fried, it's better to wait in a queue rather than use an empty chippie where the fish could have stood for ages.
If you must park in front of someone's house, make sure it's not mine.
Enjoy the game

image.png

Think I'd be giving 'The Rutland Arms' a miss to be honest, in favour of Cleethorpes front.

Reckon there'll be some trouble, Grimsby have been starved of an away following for years and still live in the seventies. On the bright side, Pokemon Go is decades away for them :(

Grimsby have a new striker.
Kayden Jackson on a season long loan from the Dingles!

Back
Top Bottom