Match Thread Grimsby Town v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is always going to be trouble at football matches now and then. Always has, always will.

That is just an unfortunate fact of life.

That is part of football, you go to the match with that risk in mind.

If you don't like the trouble, eliminate the risk and don't go.

However if you choose to attend, you're accepting that risk so you've got little/no right to moan when it happens.
That's your post of the year.

Listen mate when the the lads who I go to the matches with asked me if I was going I said no way pre season friendly no way rather play golf.
Sad if people can't take kids to matches....this forum would not be here without that.

Most us just want a day out and a good chat with other clubs fans.

Not much to ask for is it? Some of our own "fans" despise us for it.

Madness!

Getting a bit sick of reading some comments standing up for the Neanderthals causing the trouble today.

I'm all for people having a good time but if going to a match to have a good time involves getting pissed and intimidating others for the sake of it then I fear that football may be a lost cause for me.

Anybody who thinks it is acceptable behaviour or defends this type of behaviour in any way or undermines those who believe it is awful behaviour ought'nd be going. Inflicting worry or concern to anybody wishing to simply enjoy a day at the sea and hoping to enjoy a game of football is disgraceful. Quite frankly there are some on here I would have zero time for if I had the displeasure of meeting or knowing them. Can't we enjoy football for what it should be? The world is totally going to fucking pot and although football is only a minor part of that it saddens me that even this has to be a huge problem at the moment. I'll attend Bolton but if I have to witness any sort of ill-minded behaviour from fellow Blades then I'm going to have to think long and hard whether I want to be considered as a part of this following.

Sad if people can't take kids to matches....this forum would not be here without that.

Most us just want a day out and a good chat with other clubs fans.

Not much to ask for is it? Some of our own "fans" despise us for it.

Madness!
Come on Silver you know how it is we would all like to live in the ideal world.

Getting a bit sick of reading some comments standing up for the Neanderthals causing the trouble today.

I'm all for people having a good time but if going to a match to have a good time involves getting pissed and intimidating others for the sake of it then I fear that football may be a lost cause for me.

Anybody who thinks it is acceptable behaviour or defends this type of behaviour in any way or undermines those who believe it is awful behaviour ought'nd be going. Inflicting worry or concern to anybody wishing to simply enjoy a day at the sea and hoping to enjoy a game of football is disgraceful. Quite frankly there are some on here I would have zero time for if I had the displeasure of meeting or knowing them. Can't we enjoy football for what it should be? The world is totally going to fucking pot and although football is only a minor part of that it saddens me that even this has to be a huge problem at the moment. I'll attend Bolton but if I have to witness any sort of ill-minded behaviour from fellow Blades then I'm going to have to think long and hard whether I want to be considered as a part of this following.
Christ that turned into a bit of a lost cause in itself...

Whilst I agree that today wasn't a one-off, it has a different aspect to other away games. A sunny saturday by the seaside with plenty of boozers serving relatively cheap alcohol guarantees a higher proportion of idiots unfortunately. And for the reasons outlined in my last post, this is difficult if not impossible to avoid.

As you rightly point out, we do seem to be attracting more arseholes to regular away games as well. I witnessed their antics first-hand many times last season. This is a concern, and the club need to be much more proactive in weeding them out. This is something we can (and should) deal with.

You should be able to take your lad anywhere you like without other United 'fans' ruining the experience and I hope you will. But as things stand I don't blame you for not going.

Bang on. Why does on the day on the beers watching Utd have to end up with people acting like a twat?

See if they turn out at Millwall.

People keep making that point, but there were Millwall fans posting on here about a mob of Blades actively looking for the Millwall fans in Bermondsey last season. Are you talking about a different group?

Moving things back to football, my only concern with United is how thin the squad looks.

Goalkeeper
Long is 1st choice and the backup is an 18 year old
Defence
Only 9 players in defence. 2 are teenagers who've never played league football (Semple and Kelly) and 2 are on the transfer list (K Wallace and K Freeman)
Midfield
Basham, Duffy, Fleck and Done? are OK, but beyond that we have Whiteman, Reed (where was he today?) and Brooks who are all kids, plus Coutts, Scougall and J Wallace who all have question marks over them.
Attack
4/5 strikers looks Ok but no big target man.

It's the number of kids on the bench that is a worry. A run of injuries and it'll look like a kindergarten.
Short on numbers and quality in depth. So far there has been little from the back up players that says we will be ok should we get any injuries

No right to moan if you get beat up or killed?

ffs?
Woah, you said that not me. As was said above someone was bound to be stupid enough to escalate it to that.

Notice I said "trouble". I.e a bit of rough and tumble between opposition supporters.

What's the post number where someone stuck up for the scrubbers?

People keep making that point, but there were Millwall fans posting on here about a mob of Blades actively looking for the Millwall fans in Bermondsey last season. Are you talking about a different group?
We're going to London Bridge see if they turn up we ain't going to New Cross/ Deptford see what happens.

Having watched since the late 60's i've seen it all...doesn't mean you should agree with what's happening without wanting better. We used to look after our own.

Not now it seems!
That's why we didn't go today.

There is always going to be trouble at football matches now and then. Always has, always will.

That is just an unfortunate fact of life.

That is part of football, you go to the match with that risk in mind.

If you don't like the trouble, eliminate the risk and don't go.

However if you choose to attend, you're accepting that risk so you've got little/no right to moan when it happens.

So if your daughter gets insulted or you have rocks chucked across at your head from a train platform you have no right to question that? Deary me.

We're going to London Bridge see if they turn up we ain't going to New Cross/ Deptford see what happens.

Sorry pal but I don't understand your point. People were saying "they'll not turn up at Millwall", but the Millwall fans on here were saying that they did.

plenty of posters are making the point that football and violence go hand in hand nowadays, that's acceptance of the scrubbers' actions isn't it?

No. But that's not what you said anyway is it?

Fuckme lads .
Let's calm the fuck down , I used to see active service in the late 70's to late 80's ,
but people need to chill axe ,
Fuck me nowts going to be achieved by tearing into posters on this site , About something we can do nowt about .
The behaviour wasn't acceptable , but fucking each other off here is going to achieve fuckall .

So if your daughter gets insulted or you have rocks chucked across at your head from a train platform you have no right to question that? Deary me.
Well again, you said that not me.

Generally, trouble takes the form of rough and tumble between opposition supporters, and can normally be easily avoided if you have no intention of being involved. It is usually between equally idiotic sections of the two fanbases.

Having rocks chucked at you or your daughter insulted is not normally part of "trouble", both those things are clearly unacceptable as is the general "trouble" at football matches.

Back
Top Bottom