Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Once Archer & Ben go back then he would be 3rd choice striker for me (if fit, which he never is).

Archer
Osula
Mcburnie
Diaz
Brewster
Jebbo
One

So i think he does still have a part to play next season for us but i get your point. I think it would be more beneficial to keep him around than let him go, unless we replace him for something better. I don’t think anyone would buy him so we would have to lose him on a free.
He'll likely have a part to play because who is going to take him on?
Worst pound for pound signing we've ever made. Over £30m so far, and counting.

Been fit for a couple of weeks

An unreasonably long time. He knows this, but couldn't quite find another hamstring injury so he got the red card instead. Smart.

Good value for money

Seriously, for his own sake, he needs to leave and start again. Far too much pressure and baggage has built up for him here

Maybe he can go down the Lingard route, and sort of be a semi footballer while prioritising Tiktoking or something

For all the frustrations we feel over Brewster, I think the one thing he can’t be accused of is not caring. He made a big mistake and got punished. End of.

And if everyone can put their toys away, I’m not sure how much his sending off impacted us so late in the game, and secondly he’s been a peripheral figure for so long how much are we going to miss him?
My toys aren't out mate👍
I think most of us won't miss him either.
What's to miss other than frustration at his inability to be the professional footballer he's paid handsomely to be.
He's a pretend Blade,proved it on the balcony at the City Hall,with his inane drunken attempt at trying to be popular.
He cant resist looking at the camera in training.
Attention seeker that would do well to follow the examples of say Doyle last season and Mctee who even as loan players do their talking on the pitch.
Humble and quietly confident.
They're the type of players we need,particularly in our situation.
I'd argue BBD shows more after two part performances than a child in a man's body.
He epitomizes for me the shortfalls of today's modern day footballer,seemingly more interested in how cool he looks in that green penis extension he drives.
Respect is earned but he does nowt to earn mine and arguably one or two others hereabouts.👍

I’m definitely in the minority but i think he’s a good squad player. He does have good hold up play and a good shot on him but i do get everyone else’s frustrations with him. He hasn’t helped himself today but i do think he has good attributes.
I’d love to hear your reasoning. My patience went today. What’s he good at?

My toys aren't out mate👍
I think most of us won't miss him either.
What's to miss other than frustration at his inability to be the professional footballer he's paid handsomely to be.
He's a pretend Blade,proved it on the balcony at the City Hall,with his inane drunken attempt at trying to be popular.
He cant resist looking at the camera in training.
Attention seeker that would do well to follow the examples of say Doyle last season and Mctee who even as loan players do their talking on the pitch.
Humble and quietly confident.
They're the type of players we need,particularly in our situation.
I'd argue BBD shows more after two part performances than a child in a man's body.
He epitomizes for me the shortfalls of today's modern day footballer,seemingly more interested in how cool he looks in that green penis extension he drives.
Respect is earned but he does nowt to earn mine and arguably one or two others hereabouts.👍
I do get your frustration - it’s very valid. I think mentally I’ve written Brewster off so I’m not as incensed as I could be. Undoubtedly, I can’t think of a more disastrous signing we’ve made. I do hope (against all odds) the lad comes good.

For me, today's events are good enough to close the book on his United career. Get him sold this January. Recoup whatever we can, and move on. Best for all parties. A disaster of epic proportions, his signing has been.
Hopefully we saved £70,000 in wages (fine?), kicking off one of the most productive parts of his Blades career over the next 2 weeks.

For me, today's events are good enough to close the book on his United career. Get him sold this January. Recoup whatever we can, and move on. Best for all parties. A disaster of epic proportions, his signing has been.
100%

I'm not chucking the toys out here...I've defended him time and time again regarding his bad luck with injuries, the pressure on him due to his exorbitant transfer fee, his lack of a run in the side etc etc etc. Honestly I'm about done after that. Just utter, mindblowing stupidity. With the way the game is now with VAR scrutinising everything, that is as clear a red card as you will ever see. I was honestly shocked when it was only a yellow initially. Everyone around me was saying the same..."he'll walk when VAR check this."

It's all well and good saying he shows fight and passion etc...but that's simply not enough. He's done nothing to show that he's good enough at this level, and I think his race at the lane is run. Being kind, I think the best thing for him is a fresh start lower down the leagues, maybe even in League 1. He's still only 23, so if he is as good as he seems to think he is, there is plenty of time left for him to mount a career comeback, and work his way back up.

I’m definitely in the minority but i think he’s a good squad player. He does have good hold up play and a good shot on him but i do get everyone else’s frustrations with him. He hasn’t helped himself today but i do think he has good attributes.
You are definitely,definitely in the minority. Are you looking at the same “asset “ I’ve seen over the last few seasons. Good hold up play ?????

Think with Brewster, been a rank waste of money, but fundamentally he’s a good lad who obviously cares. Hard to destroy him when in reality it’s the clubs recruitment team who dropped the ball.

Seen people dial it in over the years in an SUFC shirt - can’t accuse him of that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom