Harry at Watford - a really interesting read

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lucky you. I lived in Northallerton as a kid (30 mins from Boro), we had friends down from Scotland who all wanted to go in the Boro end, and dad agreed!!

His last words before kick off ''Son don't celebrate if we score'' - FFS chance would have been a fine thing!!

N20 Blade, the way we played that day, it wouldn't have been hard for you to keep quiet 😀

Tickhill Blade, there were groups of locals wondering around looking for trouble, it was safer going back in., but not good for the blood pressure 😀
It was very dodgy at AP back in the day, their A19 crew were nasty and used to target away fans' coaches regularly. A ''mate'' of mine was involved and the used to throw darts as fans were getting out of the ground.

It was very dodgy at AP back in the day, their A19 crew were nasty and used to target away fans' coaches regularly. A ''mate'' of mine was involved and the used to throw darts as fans were getting out of the ground.

It looks like getting back in to the ground to see the rest of the second half was the lesser of two evils 😬

It looks like getting back in to the ground to see the rest of the second half was the lesser of two evils 😬
Roughly how many United fans were there? It was an Easter Saturday game from memory but i was on the terrace near the holgate end and the view was crap (fortunately).

Roughly how many United fans were there? It was an Easter Saturday game from memory but i was on the terrace near the holgate end and the view was crap (fortunately).

Going from memory, there wasn't many that day. We were going down and Boro went up that season. I would say at the very most, just a thousand.

Going from memory, there wasn't many that day. We were going down and Boro went up that season. I would say at the very most, just a thousand.
Not bad all things considered especially in those days. My first ever United game was a midweek win at Boro in 86 I think (2-1) and there were barely 100 of us in the corner terrace.

Not bad all things considered especially in those days. My first ever United game was a midweek win at Boro in 86 I think (2-1) and there were barely 100 of us in the corner terrace.

That game was my first visit to AP, we were sat behind the goal. Two seasons later when we went up, they squashed up all in to the corner terrace.

That game was my first visit to AP, we were sat behind the goal. Two seasons later when we went up, they squashed up all in to the corner terrace.
That's right that 3-3 was a cracker, even had the usual Tracey mad run out of goal moment. I remember Mark Page the now disgraced DJ was on PA duties and made a comment about all the stewards in the away end due to the luminous away top.

It was funny the away end, I went to a boro v sunderland game and the away fans were in the two corner terraces and then boro fans in the seats in the middle, fuckin chaos. another game against leeds it was the opposite their lot in the seats. by then end of the game 90% of the seats had been torn out. Horrible ground tbh.

That's right that 3-3 was a cracker, even had the usual Tracey mad run out of goal moment. I remember Mark Page the now disgraced DJ was on PA duties and made a comment about all the stewards in the away end due to the luminous away top.

It was funny the away end, I went to a boro v sunderland game and the away fans were in the two corner terraces and then boro fans in the seats in the middle, fuckin chaos. another game against leeds it was the opposite their lot in the seats. by then end of the game 90% of the seats had been torn out. Horrible ground tbh.

Back then, it wouldn't have been a normal game if Tracey didn't have a rush of blood and come running out of the goal area 😀 Yeah, I don't really miss that ground, it wouldn't pass health and safety these days. It makes you wonder how people didn't get hurt more often. I can imagine the Sunderland and Leeds games to be a little interesting.

Back then, it wouldn't have been a normal game if Tracey didn't have a rush of blood and come running out of the goal area 😀 Yeah, I don't really miss that ground, it wouldn't pass health and safety these days. It makes you wonder how people didn't get hurt more often. I can imagine the Sunderland and Leeds games to be a little interesting.
What was the Bassett expression? ''Brains of a rocking horse''!! I think that was after the Spurs game when he tried to rugby tackle the ball boy but fucked up and he was sent of!!

Just finished watching this.

That's got to be the best Dave Bassett interview he's ever done, just so much comedy gold too! When Chris Brown says

"Was that the plan to sign lunatics Dave"!? Dave doesn't even laugh he probably thought that was a fair assessment! Amazing memories, I can still vividly remember when Harry left, I was at Parkwood college at the time and I saw it on Ceefax, I couldn't believe it! McDonald should have given Harry a three year extension in my view and given Harry the money he deserved. Instead he let the best manager we'd ever had go and Harry did brilliantly at Palace, Forest and Barnsley whereas we struggled after Kendall who had a fortune to spend.

The position they sat him in, meant that the sun exacerbated his gleeking. Bit unfortunate really. I doubt he gives a shit though !
Gleeking, that's a new word I've learnt today. Every day's a school day 😂

I’ve finished the under the cosh pod. T’ol Harry muddled a few things up but a very good listen.

Reactions: MKY
The promotion team was a really strong one, and you're right Webber, Ships, Ifill, Unsworth, Keith, Short, etc. made a decent team so much better. At the time I really enjoyed watching them, as we were positive and a real handful. I wish we'd been more front foot the following season. Whatever happened to Ifill?

I always got the impression that (a bit like Jack Robbo), while Short might not act like a hard nut, if you got on the wrong side of him, you would be in trouble.

Maybe I am misremembering him, but that seems to be my recollection.

Back
Top Bottom