Ffs grow up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given that he had his windows up so couldn't hear and wasn't looking, so couldn't see (assuming there were gestures) I think this is a self proclaimed epic fail by a full weight moron.

he did give us a late penalty,maybe he's warming to us...

Or it could even be that he doesn't hate us like many have proclaimed and he is in fact.. A rubbish referee.

So its ok to be hurled abuse at while returning home from work after a bad day?

The guys never had a good day at work tbf, not saying its right but Deadman should never be allowed to referee

The guys never had a good day at work tbf, not saying its right but Deadman should never be allowed to referee

That's down to the FA then. There is no excuse for hurling abuse at people after they have finished their shift because you're not happy with their performance.

I sort of agree. The problem with disciplining referees though is that if you haven't got a whole list of replacements lined up then what are you achieving? Let's say you suspend a ref for three matches, who's taking his place? If you'd got better available you'd have already had them in.

Refs are allocated games in advance and I don't think they ref games every week and as there are second and third reserve officials available I think it would be easy to suspend the under performing refs. The problem is that they don't actually punish them do they ? If refs were suspended and an issue was explained publicly as to why they were suspended then perhaps performances would improve. Put it this way, if a player gets suspended, everybody knows why so why should refs be any different ? Refs are protected too much and don't even have to go on tv to explain any contentious decisions do they. In this supposedly open era why do we have to put up with below par performances without accountability.

Interestingly....Scunny were equally disgusted with the ref.

Apparently he's always shit for them too....or maybe he's a poor ref.

I propose a new rule, whereby ex pro footballers have to provide a minimum of 5 years service as a referee once they finish playing. Would make things interesting, and possibly raise standards.

Can someone please inform Lambretta Blade that SYP have evidence of this and will be calling around at some point this week.
The use of a mobile phone whilst driving is against the law and if prosecuted, he could find himself on the receiving end of a five year sentence.
What is worse though, is that he thinks the driver of the vehicle who is travelling at approximately 68mph, can hear his verbal abuse through two sets of windows whilst travelling at speed. That in itself is worthy of a judicial sentence for the simple act of being one of the thickest cunts ever to post anything online.

Ch Inspector LYDON
Vice Squad

Refs are allocated games in advance and I don't think they ref games every week and as there are second and third reserve officials available I think it would be easy to suspend the under performing refs. The problem is that they don't actually punish them do they ? If refs were suspended and an issue was explained publicly as to why they were suspended then perhaps performances would improve. Put it this way, if a player gets suspended, everybody knows why so why should refs be any different ? Refs are protected too much and don't even have to go on tv to explain any contentious decisions do they. In this supposedly open era why do we have to put up with below par performances without accountability.

It's easy to suspend refs, there's enough willing to step forward. My point is that this does nothing if the reserves you bring in are just as bad if not worse. Punishing someone doesn't necessarily raise their standards. In fact, punishing people for making mistakes if they're performing at or near their best can be drastically demotivational and lower performances. I don't want to see referees punished for honest mistakes, I want the standards of the profession to be raised. One way I see of doing that is by improving the environment in such a way that refereeing is not an entirely masochistic pastime.

Where I completely agree with you is the lack of transparency in football refereeing. I'd love to see the same as rugby or some of the olympic sports where the refs have mics and you can hear them explain their decisions in real time (right or wrong). But we can't have that in football, because no one would be able to air the content given the language the players get away with. And the refereeing bodies are ultra-protective because, well, look at what they put up with.

So, for whatever my take is worth, the major changes in football ought to be to bring it in line with other sports by enforcing respect towards officials, change some of the standards so that ex-players can fast track to professional refereeing. Whether we implement this from the top down or grass roots up, just have it so that it's like in other sports - a captain or coach can ask for clarification, ask a question, but abusive behaviour (swearing, surrounding the ref) is an enforced offence - and then I think it would be easier and fairer for us to demand more from them.

As is, I have no fucking idea why anyone would be a ref in the first place and I'm not even a little surprised that so many are terrible.

It would be more amusing if Lambretta is actually shouting abuse at himself after seeing his own reflection in the refs window...YFW!

Totally agree.

The Ref's Assessor should have asked the cretin who reffed us against Bradford the other season : "Now then Mr. Match Referee can you please explain why you did NOT award a penalty to Sheffield United for the challenge on Mr,Scougal in the 18 yard box ?"

Can't for the life of me think what reasonable answer could possibly have been given.

Whilst Deadman might(is) be a cunt and shit at his job , giving him shit close up a personal is not going improve united lot with him or another referee for that matter.
Say it in social media and I don't think it will harm our situation , but don't make it personal.

Third Division football getsThird Division referees fact !
Unfortunately for Sheffield United Third Division Football teams attract Non League Prats as so called supporters !

Not witnessed such top quality ak47 rapid fire swearing since the end of the 2003 P.O.F.

Back
Top Bottom