Even by this seasons standards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
Grbic. Are you fucking winding me up? At Anfield ffs

I haven’t seen anything from him to understand why we have signed him

We seem to sleepwalk into blunder and stupidity
I don’t even understand what the idea was behind signing him. He’s error prone, poor with his feet and doesn’t command his area.

It’s like we were in the market for a worse version of Wes

He is the worse keeper I’ve seen at the lane behind Richardson and Nicky Johns

Still can’t believe that goal. As if this team and club isn’t up against enough already amidst this absolute nightmare of a season

Its not just that all the ricohet's and loose balls, clearances went straight to a Liverpool player. Its like the ball doesnt want to go to our players. At one point I was predicting them with pin point accuracy, rebound to Liverpool, and again, and again.

Its basically been a season of everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and if there was such a thing as luck we have zero.

Think this season can be filed away under "How not to do the Premier League".

Still can’t believe that goal. As if this team and club isn’t up against enough already amidst this absolute nightmare of a season
One thing that kept us up comfortably was Dean Hendersons form. We now have two goalkeepers with the most errors between them. If you have any chance of staying up you have to be strong defensively. Between losing Bash (less so I know), Egan & the keepers being terrible you can kind of see why we are where we are.

Grbic looking very questionable at the moment but we deserved to concede that first goal as a team. So many times we pass back to the keeper and provide no other option leaving the keeper to just hoof it forward.

Grbic looking very questionable at the moment but we deserved to concede that first goal as a team. So many times we pass back to the keeper and provide no other option leaving the keeper to just hoof it forward.
Well we sure as shit don’t want to be trying to play out from the back!

Very rare a team is capable of playing out from the back against that liverpool side in fairness

We can certainly pick ‘em, can’t we?

Because within the last 13 months more or less Grbic, Wes and Davies have all done the same.

It’s almost as if constantly playing the ball back to the keeper isn’t that good of an idea!

It’s just another waste of a signing.

A player that doesn’t solve any problem we have, cost money, money we won’t get back on the sale and now someone we are potentially stuck with.

Seriously, who watched him. He’s literally done nothing that would not be expected on the upside and plenty that wouldn’t have been expected.

I was for giving anyone a fair chance but this is a particularly unforgiving position and quite frankly he isn’t up to it. That’s regardless of any league. His handling is poor on crosses, he doesn’t make the goal smaller and he hardly gets near anything.

How can anyone have done any due diligence and concluded this was the signing to make.

May as well have stuck with Wes or given Davies or Amissah a run. I don’t feel they are good enough either but they weren’t costing 2m into the bargain.

I honestly believe that no one from the club actually watches players in the flesh before we buy them

I’m not one for writing players off too early, but he hasn’t made the best of starts let’s say. His handling is so poor. Even weak shots/crosses. At the match last night my 11 year old kept saying “he never catches it first time.” As in, he gets hands behind the ball but it always bounces off him onto the ground before he gets a grip of it.

We can certainly pick ‘em, can’t we?

Because within the last 13 months more or less Grbic, Wes and Davies have all done the same.

It’s almost as if constantly playing the ball back to the keeper isn’t that good of an idea!

It’s just another waste of a signing.

A player that doesn’t solve any problem we have, cost money, money we won’t get back on the sale and now someone we are potentially stuck with.

Seriously, who watched him. He’s literally done nothing that would not be expected on the upside and plenty that wouldn’t have been expected.

I was for giving anyone a fair chance but this is a particularly unforgiving position and quite frankly he isn’t up to it. That’s regardless of any league. His handling is poor on crosses, he doesn’t make the goal smaller and he hardly gets near anything.

How can anyone have done any due diligence and concluded this was the signing to make.

May as well have stuck with Wes or given Davies or Amissah a run. I don’t feel they are good enough either but they weren’t costing 2m into the bargain.
Spot on

You couldn’t make it up but wish you had

Having just watched it again I agree here with you...none of the defenders show for him leaving him only one option and by that point the Liverpool striker has pretty much cut out that one too. Aside from doing some silky dribbling, which you shouldn't be asking your keeper to have to do, he had little alternative. Yes, it was poor, it looked awful and he could probably have let it go a bit quicker than he did, but between our defence offering nothing and their striker doing his job excellently Grbic was left staring down the barrel.

Having just watched it again I agree here with you...none of the defenders show for him leaving him only one option and by that point the Liverpool striker has pretty much cut out that one too. Aside from doing some silky dribbling, which you shouldn't be asking your keeper to have to do, he had little alternative. Yes, it was poor, it looked awful and he could probably have let it go a bit quicker than he did, but between our defence offering nothing and their striker doing his job excellently Grbic was left staring down the barrel.
Fair point - but you are being the kindest of kind to him

Nah, he was way too slow, always is, he looks very clumsy and unsure with his feet and cant weight passes correctly. He's worse than wes with his feet which is wes' main weakness

It was brain dead- everyone knows Nunez does this- WTF was he expecting? The rationale to drop Wes and replace with inferior was mental. And because we are so skint we have to stick with the crazy decision it's tinpot beyond belief.

It took such hard work to get to The Prem - we have gone at it like it was promotion into League 2- soul destroying.

Reactions: bxb

All he had to do if Nunez was in front/too close is walk backwards about 2-3 paces with the ball then launch the ball. Nunez cant come in the box. It was very naive of Grbic.

Really? He’s stood looking at the whole pitch in front of him, if neither wing back has moved and given him the option of playing it short, he should know that when the ball arrives and knock it long. But instead, he took an eternity to make his decision, by which time the long clearance, was no longer on.

I’m sorry, but it was entirely his fault.

Very rare a team is capable of playing out from the back against that liverpool side in fairness
It’s more about the outfield players being braver on the ball rather than taking the easiest option on the pitch that will lead to us losing possession anyway. We do it way too often. I’d prefer to lose the ball in the way Arblaster did a few times where he’s looking to go forward or turn away from a player. We also absolutely need to provide a passing option to the goalkeeper whenever we do go back rather than leaving him with only one thing to do.

Really? He’s stood looking at the whole pitch in front of him, if neither wing back has moved and given him the option of playing it short, he should know that when the ball arrives and knock it long. But instead, he took an eternity to make his decision, by which time the long clearance, was no longer on.

I’m sorry, but it was entirely his fault.
I don’t disagree that he’s at fault, just that in a team game his team offered him nothing. I’m a goalkeeper who this season cost my team a goal in not disímilar circumstances and whilst I took it on the chin as “one of those (Fuck ups) things” my manager still laid into the defence at half time for offering me no options physically and nothing verbally either. Still mine to own , and his, but we shouldn’t just hang him out too dry for it.

It’s more about the outfield players being braver on the ball rather than taking the easiest option on the pitch that will lead to us losing possession anyway. We do it way too often. I’d prefer to lose the ball in the way Arblaster did a few times where he’s looking to go forward or turn away from a player. We also absolutely need to provide a passing option to the goalkeeper whenever we do go back rather than leaving him with only one thing to do.
This. Yes. Grbic made a mess of it but his team mates all shirked any helpful responsibility

This. Yes. Grbic made a mess of it but his team mates all shirked any helpful responsibility
Nah it was obvious we were going long. Grbic was absolutely rock bottom national league dogshit on this one.

It was an excruciatingly bad mistake at a pivotal time amidst a team performance that could’ve got a result.

He’ll pay for that mistake though, cus he’s a damn sight closer to not only the fans turning on him, but his team mates losing any sort of trust in him.

It was pathetic

I don’t disagree that he’s at fault, just that in a team game his team offered him nothing. I’m a goalkeeper who this season cost my team a goal in not disímilar circumstances and whilst I took it on the chin as “one of those (Fuck ups) things” my manager still laid into the defence at half time for offering me no options physically and nothing verbally either. Still mine to own , and his, but we shouldn’t just hang him out too dry for it.
If you had as long as Gribic did, to make your mind up, then you’re equally culpable and your Dad's must be the manager. 🤣

I don’t think Gribic can rely on that get out, because he could have lit a cigar and still cleared it before Nunez got to him!!

Back
Top Bottom