Early leavers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Such a strange day. Very sombre mood outside before kick off. Sunday- many people were sober- a later kick off, perhaps people weren’t up for it, or because Maddy passed away and you could feel it in the air. Then after the game, we got spanked 8 nil, i just left early thinking Its just a game of football and theres more important things in life. And i went home to my wife and Son instead.

I left after 3 minutes of the 6 added on in second half. First time I've ever left early. I was tempted to stay to see if players just went straight off. In end decided to make a protest.

Fed up of the big club bias, and hoping Euro Super league comes soon to save the game I know. That said can't accept the lack of effort shown today.

I left at half time in the 2011 Watford game when we went down to 9 men inside the first half hour. I was in the pub at Euston before the final whistle went.

What do you think you’re achieving by staying anything beyond 6-0 down? I’d love to know

I left after the 5th. Felt like it caused me physical pain and I just didn’t want to be there anymore

My lads 14 so normally clap the lads off what ever the result, we were boozing at broomhill when the eighth went in🤣🤣

What do you think you’re achieving by staying anything beyond 6-0 down? I’d love to know

I can only speak for myself mate, and I see your point that after a certain stage, it essentially becomes an exercise in masochism. But I do try to put myself in the player's shoes (as far as I can) and think how it must feel when things are going to shit and the stands empty.

If this were a team of lazy, disinterested fancy dans, then I might feel differently. But as a club we have rarely had those types over the years, which is something we can all be proud of, and this bunch certainly aren't.

So whilst my podgy middle aged frame, sat on his lonesome at the back of the BLUT is hardly going to rally them at 6-0 down, I suppose I think that if the majority think like me, it might make the players and manager feel a bit less shit about the game.

At the end of the day though, I have always tended to hang around until the end, rain or shine.

I can only speak for myself mate, and I see your point that after a certain stage, it essentially becomes an exercise in masochism. But I do try to put myself in the player's shoes (as far as I can) and think how it must feel when things are going to shit and the stands empty.

If this were a team of lazy, disinterested fancy dans, then I might feel differently. But as a club we have rarely had those types over the years, which is something we can all be proud of, and this bunch certainly aren't.

So whilst my podgy middle aged frame, sat on his lonesome at the back of the BLUT is hardly going to rally them at 6-0 down, I suppose I think that if the majority think like me, it might make the players and manager feel a bit less shit about the game.

At the end of the day though, I have always tended to hang around until the end, rain or shine.
They downed tools after the third. They didn’t deserve anyone watching.

Admirable attitude mate. I was in BLUT til the end as well but that performance in the second half was disgraceful.

Admirable attitude mate. I was in BLUT til the end as well but that performance in the second half was disgraceful.

Wouldn't disagree mate. Shocking doesn't even come close as a description, but it wasn't a typical performance from this team.

Delighted so many fucked off. Will make it easier to get tickets going forward. Those who bailed before the final whistle against City at Wembley were always going to spit their dummies early today.

Sure, you paid your money and get to leave when you want zzzzzzz. So did I which is why I get to call you fair weather.

To those that stayed beyond 45 minutes, you were there longer than the eleven that should have been trying their very best to retain some pride.

Agree with what one or two are saying about life in the Premier League, it isn't football anymore unless you have a billionaire backer you can't compete and at best just there to make up the numbers. What makes it worse is the referee's give everything to the top clubs there is no level playing field everything is against you unless you are one of the established top six to eight clubs. Hardly worth watching anymore it is as fake as American wrestling.
I can take being beaten by a better side , despite the disparity in wealth.
But I can't watch the cheating by those sides and the bent refs colluding with that cheating.
Those top club players are so good , why on earth do they need to cheat ?
Habit , I suppose.
When Robbo won that tackle it was two blokes face to face going for a 50/50 and Robbo won coz the ball went in the direction he kicked it.
But their man rolls around like he's been shot , so the ref gives a foul and then a booking - UTTER BOLLOX.
I have been going for 55 years but it's so painful to watch the corruption of my game , I dunno how much longer I can continue.

When the team puts in a performance like yesterday I think people are bloody entitled to, and correct to I might add, leave early. Regardless of whether we look likely to take anything from the game, so long as the lads have actually made some sort of effort I think it is the right thing to do to stay until the end and show appreciation.

They deserved to be playing in front of an empty stadium from 50 minutes onwards

It was early hours of the morning here so I watched the fame from underneath the bedsheets, which was probably quite appropriate!

We left after the 7th, a hard watch. Think the players left after the 4th. I do believe there was an injustice for the first 3, after that they lost the game mentally

Back
Top Bottom