Early leavers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People pay their money and can leave when they like. It's an entertainment business and if people don't feel entertained they have every right to get up and do something else.

I've not left a football match early yet, but I've paid to see bands that turned out to be shite and left after a few songs.

There was a time not too long back when I'd set off to the match knowing a win was a possibility and even a loss would probably be a closely contested affair. Now I set off wondering how many we'll lose by.

Premier League is the best league in the world? I'd say not for 15 of the teams who can never hope to compete at the top end. I'd take the Championship over this any day of the week.

I stayed until the end for that early Warnock era feeling where we got a average of 14k fans. Felt quite nice walking back to the car with a decent bit of space.

I stayed until the end for that early Warnock era feeling where we got a average of 14k fans. Felt quite nice walking back to the car with a decent bit of space.
Felt like an early round League Cup game from when we used to open the Kop for them.

I stayed until the end but don’t blame people for leaving early today, it took some stomaching.

Those who leave on 85 with the games finely balanced are the ones you’d avoid getting stuck in the trenches with.

Or people who leave early when we are winning. 🤷‍♂️

Went on about 65mins after the fifth went in, stood at the tram stop with about 100 more as the rest went in we were all expecting it to end in double figures.

Agree with what one or two are saying about life in the Premier League, it isn't football anymore unless you have a billionaire backer you can't compete and at best just there to make up the numbers. What makes it worse is the referee's give everything to the top clubs there is no level playing field everything is against you unless you are one of the established top six to eight clubs. Hardly worth watching anymore it is as fake as American wrestling.

I stayed till the end but a newcastle pal of mine had my dads season ticket next to me. I await sentencing from the kangaroo court of S2

Agree with what one or two are saying about life in the Premier League, it isn't football anymore unless you have a billionaire backer you can't compete and at best just there to make up the numbers. What makes it worse is the referee's give everything to the top clubs there is no level playing field everything is against you unless you are one of the established top six to eight clubs. Hardly worth watching anymore it is as fake as American wrestling.
Feels like a million years ago since Anel was banging them in and we all went into a game looking forward to seeing a few quality goals.

I’ve never left a game early in my life. Neither have any of the dozen or so season ticket holders who have sat around me for the past 20 years. Today we were all Gone by 70 minutes.
We had a conversation at half time abou this isn’t football anymore. This is a TV show, it’s fixed and corrupt to the core. This is not what we used to watch. The PL and the PGMOL can fuck off and die in a hole, all of them. Ruined everything.
I felt the same, my son summed it up by saying the premier league is a different game now, in much the same way rugby league and rugby union are different games despite stating out from the same point in the distant past.

I stayed until the 85th minute, but people were filing past me from when the fourth went in. Despite my encouraging ‘Come on, we’re still in this?’

No excuse for that piss poor second half performance, which has sadly made the appalling refereeing performance in the first half a moot point. Other than, I suppose it forced Heckys hand to go four at the back to try and chase the game.

Two blatant handballs and a perfectly good tackle and consequently we’re 3 down. The idiot referees and the EPL are slowly killing the game and turning everyone away from our ‘National pastime’

Bring on the European Superleague 😉

I stayed up to 0-7 but I arrived early. Do I get any brownie points for that?

I tend to stay till the end, whatever state the game is in, but that was fucking hard work today.

The one plus was that as so many people had fucked off, I could actually get a 4G signal for once.

Only the third time I’ve left a game early in 46 years, the first at home and the earliest I’ve ever left. (WBA away 0-4 when Ramsdale refused to play and I walked out of the sty at 0-3 when we scored a late penalty)
I can handle being stuffed by a better team, To a point I’ve accepted the vile show that’s called the premier league but I can never accept a Sheffield United team that gives up without a fight. If there’s one thing us fans expect it’s 100% effort. The second half they were strolling around like they didn’t care. That’s very hard to take

After the events today fans leaving early doesn’t really resonate on the fucking hell scale.

Back
Top Bottom