Early leavers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Do we have any early leavers on here? If so how are you gonna judge wheat time to leave now we have the new protocol on time added on?

By my top of the head reckoning the average time added on at the weekend must have been in the 9-10 mins region and some a lot longer. Is 90 mins
plus 3-5 the new early leaving time now?

I know it partly depends on the score but those who regularly leave early (some becausenthey have to) have a bit of a dilemma now. As for catching the last train midweek that will be out of the window when you add on the first half added time too!

Good point.

Think for early leavers it’s all about beating the traffic jams.

So if the result is still in the balance, suspect early leavers will all stay for the full 90 minutes, then wait to see what the extra time will be, this will usually be 10 minutes.

So expect plenty to leave between 92 to 98 minutes.

The secret to avoiding traffic jams
  • Watch the entire match
  • Clap the team off (or conscientiously object, no booing)
  • Wait for the seats to clear a little
  • Bid farewell to your seat neighbours
  • Casually stroll towards the exit
  • Have a leisurely piss on the way out
  • Casually stroll back to your vehicle.
  • Put the radio on and listen to Mark the Bankrobber telling you that HMS piss the league will set sail again soon
  • Drive home.
It doesn't really take that long to clear folks, it's not fecking Wembley.

I thought this was EFL only and EPL hadn't adopted this for the coming season?
EPL are doing it as well (its and International Board decision). See time added on in Community Shield yesterday, Pep.

I reckon we'll see ridiculous added time through August and maybe into September, then refs will just revert to type.

They're trying to reduce time wasting, but when they see players aren't changing, they'll deem it pointless and drop it.

Best thing to do would be to stop the clock like they do in Basketball and NFL etc.

The secret to avoiding traffic jams
  • Watch the entire match
  • Clap the team off (or conscientiously object, no booing)
  • Wait for the seats to clear a little
  • Bid farewell to your seat neighbours
  • Casually stroll towards the exit
  • Have a leisurely piss on the way out
  • Casually stroll back to your vehicle.
  • Put the radio on and listen to Mark the Bankrobber telling you that HMS piss the league will set sail again soon
  • Drive home.
It doesn't really take that long to clear folks, it's not fecking Wembley.

You could have summed it up with one bullet point...

• Have a quick pint after the game to let the traffic die down

Best thing to do would be to stop the clock like they do in Basketball and NFL etc.

Yep the ball is in play around 30 mins a half on a average, reduce the half’s to 35 mins take the timing out of the refs hands, put the clock on the big screen and stop the clock every time the ball goes out, there’s a break in play or when the keeper has the ball in hand.

Under the new regs, no one is allowed to leave before the final whistle.

Stewards will be empowered to shove people back down into their seats if they are seen trying to go early.

If necessary, they will be able to sit on fans laps to prevent ‘persistent exiting’*

* except of course on the kop, where no bastard has room for their own lap, never mind anyone else’s.

I'll be leaving at half time or when the opposition score their 4th unanswered goal..... Nothing to do with added time.

I reckon we'll see ridiculous added time through August and maybe into September, then refs will just revert to type.

They're trying to reduce time wasting, but when they see players aren't changing, they'll deem it pointless and drop it.

Seems like some pretty high-profile players are voicing their concerns about the changes.

I wonder why they haven't reduced the playing time to 40 minutes a half to compensate for all this extra time?
Its good to crack down on time wasting when the ball is out of the play, but this might end up being excessive if its anything like the world cup.
Not even sure fans want to be watching the match for all that time either.

I’m just leaving at 0-3, so as soon as it gets to that in each game I’ll be off. I doubt I’ll see half time much

Game would finish around 3 hours after kick off if we did that!

I wonder why they haven't reduced the playing time to 40 minutes a half to compensate for all this extra time?
Its good to crack down on time wasting when the ball is out of the play, but this might end up being excessive if its anything like the world cup.
Not even sure fans want to be watching the match for all that time either.
They reckon it's because fans don't get the full 90 minutes of football

I noticed there is a new rule in players going down injured. They have to remain on the sidelines for 30 seconds before being allowed back on. Aim is to cut down on players feigning injury.

Only left the game early once, when we got hammered at home against Sunderland in Steve Bruce's season in charge. Left with about 10 mins to go as I had to go to my sisters in Buxton and didn't fancy being stuck in traffiic after the game after we got hammered.

But when I go to the cinema, always leave 10 minutes before the credits come on

I'm all for these new changes, let's see how Tottenham, Liverpool and Man Utd get on when their players try to ref the game this season..

Wonder if old ref with stars in his eyes will want to book Harry kane for calling him a cunt?

Do we have any early leavers on here? If so how are you gonna judge wheat time to leave now we have the new protocol on time added on?

By my top of the head reckoning the average time added on at the weekend must have been in the 9-10 mins region and some a lot longer. Is 90 mins
plus 3-5 the new early leaving time now?

I know it partly depends on the score but those who regularly leave early (some becausenthey have to) have a bit of a dilemma now. As for catching the last train midweek that will be out of the window when you add on the first half added time too!
The 37th minute mass exodus for hot dogs will now have to be on 42 minutes.

And I would recommend the 95th minute, rather than 85th for walking out.

Some people are gonna miss a whole lot of goals and 90+ minutes excitement.

It's been talked about for years

Oh I know but it’s unrealistic for so many reasons.

• Some games could finish 30 minutes apart.
  • What about grassroots? How could it be implemented in the same way?
  • Where’s the actual incentive to rush the ball back into play? Could be loads of deliberate dithering and gamesmanship. It will ruin the flow of the game completely
However I do like the new EFL rules this year I think they’ve made a positive impact on stopping the messing about, I just don’t think the stop clock idea is realistic

Oh I know but it’s unrealistic for so many reasons.

• Some games could finish 30 minutes apart.
  • What about grassroots? How could it be implemented in the same way?
  • Where’s the actual incentive to rush the ball back into play? Could be loads of deliberate dithering and gamesmanship. It will ruin the flow of the game completely
However I do like the new EFL rules this year I think they’ve made a positive impact on stopping the messing about, I just don’t think the stop clock idea is realistic
I would increase it to two minutes to ensure the 'safety of the player's' health

Back
Top Bottom