Outgoing? Coulibaly out on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been told he’s still at United training whilst his visa gets sorted. AIK are in Marbella at a training camp and he doesn’t have a Schengen visa so can’t join them there.

New contract and 300k sale is best case scenario
But you normally have to pay off a player’s contract (or at least a substantial proportion of it) if you sell them. So if we hypothetically gave him a two year contract on £5k a year and then sold him for £300k, we’d be worse off than if we’d just released him at the end of his contract.

But you normally have to pay off a player’s contract (or at least a substantial proportion of it) if you sell them. So if we hypothetically gave him a two year contract on £5k a year and then sold him for £300k, we’d be worse off than if we’d just released him at the end of his contract.
Are you sure about that?

If the player wants to go (and he does) then i imagine that's worked out between his agent and the club and it wont be the full amount?

This only happens to players that are paid way WAY more than the buying club is willing to pay and the selling club will subsidise such a contract. This is why Maguire isn't at West Ham, because Man U refused to pay the difference.

It's not a common scenario.

It was in the secret footballer book, and I’ve heard Kieran Maguire mention it before as well.
It doesn’t seem to make sense. That’s why players stay for money. Using this logic, players would happily move anywhere because they bank all the previously agreed contract, however short is has run for, and whatever the drop in wages. I suspect there’s some misinterpretation going on here.

If you want to force a move, or terminate a contract, that’s a different story. You have to honour their contract.

This only happens to players that are paid way WAY more than the buying club is willing to pay and the selling club will subsidise such a contract. This is why Maguire isn't at West Ham, because Man U refused to pay the difference.

It's not a common scenario.
This.

Ever heard jan aage talk about the day him
And Deane were sold?

He told Charles green he didn’t want to go, but if he wanted him gone he would need to pay his contract up, which Utd did.

I thought this was standard unless a player waived it, either to make a move happen (normally compensated in signing on fee from new club) or by putting in a transfer request

It was in the secret footballer book, and I’ve heard Kieran Maguire mention it before as well.
Not quite right I don't think, the paying up bit usually relates to any signing-on fee and bonuses which are usually spread over the length of a contract. Not so much to do with wages they're foregoing upon a transfer (unless there's a big disparity as pointed out by other posters). As JosteinFlo mentions they usually waive the right to any unpaid fees/bonuses if they seek a transfer themselves.

And Deane were sold?

He told Charles green he didn’t want to go, but if he wanted him gone he would need to pay his contract up, which Utd did.

I thought this was standard unless a player waived it, either to make a move happen (normally compensated in signing on fee from new club) or by putting in a transfer request
I think many players hide behind the “I didn’t want to leave” whilst signing an even fatter contract with a new club.

And Deane were sold?

I think players hide behind the “I didn’t want to leave” whilst signing an even fatter contract with a new club.

I’m sure it sometimes happens, but doubt it’s very often at all, given the size of players wages, especially these days.

Can't wait until we call him and Benie " like new signings" when we are stuck with them!

Back
Top Bottom