Outgoing? Coulibaly out on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the squad today. No Anel, Baldock, Bogle or Trusty. BBD in squad as well, no Fleck.

You've got to hand it to him, he's terrific at not getting on the pitch

Rough translation from the source:

New information today to FotbollDirekt (Football Direct) about an exciting name. The Premier League professional is now said to have put everything else aside for AIK and is reportedly doing everything to break with Sheffield United.

About a month ago, Sportbladet reported on Ismaila Coulibaly's interest and a potential move to AIK. FotbollDirekt.se then revealed a meeting scheduled between the 23-year-old and AIK. According to FD's information, Coulibaly himself was pushing to leave the English club.

AIK also has a strong interest and is well-represented. Sports director Thomas Berntsen commented on Coulibaly to Sportbladet, mentioning an ongoing dialogue between the parties, where the economic aspects and competition could play a significant role. The situation is still open.

FD can now follow up on this with new information. Coulibaly seems determined to join AIK and has made it clear through his representatives where he stands. He expects a bid from AIK soon, and this is anticipated eagerly by Sheffield United.

According to FD's information, there are no other clubs he is considering; he is reportedly focusing on AIK. His precarious situation at Sheffield United is highlighted, and despite playing 90 minutes in the English Cup with Lincoln City on August 30th, he has spent most of the time on the bench for Premier League matches. Recently, he sat on the bench for Sheffield's FA Cup match with Gillingham.

Thomas Berntsen and Ismaila Coulibaly are known to have flown together to Sarpsborg. Coulibaly joined the Norwegian club in January 2019, and in January 2020, he moved to Sheffield United in September 2020.

Feel a bit for the lad.

Seemed like he’s not been fit or fancied by hecky for most of his time here. I thought he’d looked decent in the snippets we’ve seen in the cups etc., so was surprised he never had any more chances to stake a claim .

But obviously wasn’t doing much in training. Feels like a move is best for all parties and for his career he needs to be playing regularly

Isn’t he out of contract in the summer so they could just agree a deal anyway now. And their season doesn’t even start until March so not sure a loan would work although they’re in Portugal and Spain next month for pre season

We may keep him forever locked in a cupboard as apparently we have yet another option to extend his contract. He could become the new Jake Eastwood.

Yeah sources over here says he is coming closer to a move. We (AIK, I know, its weird but AIK and Sheff Utd are my clubs), managed to offload Eric Otieno to the Polish champions yesterday which will open up a foreign player slot in the squad as well as some salary space...

Also, very likely that we will sell JKA (to Bayern Munich) this transfer window which gives us some extra funds. From my perspective, supporting both clubs, its a good move. We (United) should try to get rid of him and potentially also getting a small fee for him as his contract is expiring this summer. We (AIK) would sign a player that have proved himself at this level previously and surely add quality to our squad. Win-win!

Apparently they (AIK) is just waiting on Carl Shieber to revert on whether he is allowed to leave now or not.

Apparently they (AIK) is just waiting on Carl Shieber to revert on whether he is allowed to leave now or not.
FFS, Chances are he’ll be here until the end of the season then!

In all seriousness, whenever Ive seen him play, he’s always done a decent job and looked like he would be a real asset, but he’s very rarely got anywhere near the starting 11?

FFS, Chances are he’ll be here until the end of the season then!

In all seriousness, whenever Ive seen him play, he’s always done a decent job and looked like he would be a real asset, but he’s very rarely got anywhere near the starting 11?
Never had a run int side
Dunno why we sign young players to sit behind Norwood & Fleck till kingdom come

I’m surprised he hasn’t been given the same chance as Brooks. Brooks hasn’t really done anything to show why he’s been given the extended run.
Although i'm not completely in agreement with you on Brooks, I 100% agree with your statement. Fleck and Ozzy have both been given chances in matches over him. I liked him against Wrexham, Spurs and Man City and thought he could be a player.

If he isn't showing it in training fair enough, but Ozzy and Fleck have barely shown it on the pitch (this season) and have been given places on the bench over him.

Loan? Presumably he still has another year on his contract then?

He'll be here forever won't he, somehow

Back
Top Bottom