Outgoing? Coulibaly out on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

forte

Reaction score
Reports here in Sweden suggest that AIK (the OTHER club I live and die for) have put in a bid to take him on loan. Makes sense as it was Thomas Berntsen who took him to Europe from Mali (DoF at Sarpsborg at the time, now with AIK in the same role). I can see this happen as he is the type of player we would need at AIK for the upcoming season. In addition, he does have a proven track record in Scandinavian football and have a relation with the DoF. Wouldnt be surprised if the manager at AIK, Henning Berg, also knows him. Six months short of being out of contract in January...

Its quite interesting that I posted exactly about this (5/7) last summer at an AIK supporter forum ;)

Reports here in Sweden suggest that AIK (the OTHER club I live and die for) have put in a bid to take him on loan. Makes sense as it was Thomas Berntsen who took him to Europe from Mali (DoF at Sarpsborg at the time, now with AIK in the same role). I can see this happen as he is the type of player we would need at AIK for the upcoming season. In addition, he does have a proven track record in Scandinavian football and have a relation with the DoF. Wouldnt be surprised if the manager at AIK, Henning Berg, also knows him. Six months short of being out of contract in January...

Its quite interesting that I posted exactly about this (5/7) last summer at an AIK supporter forum ;)

Do we have a years option left on him?

Be weird to loan him out for the last 6 months of his contract if we didn't..

Agreed he needs game time tho.

Surely this ranks with one of the craziest "purchases" we have ever made?, did Van Winkle buy him?, we bought him, sent him out on loan, brought him over here and then we saw virtually nothing of him.

Crazy purchase or cheap pick-up with potential to legitimise united world. Club won't get anywhere without taking punts on young talent. Ndiaye came out of rising ballers as a complete unknown, set the world on fire.

Yeah we had Paul Heckingbottom not Pall Bearer ... only saying 😉

Totally forgot about him. Has he been injured? Just seems to have disappeared.

Crazy purchase or cheap pick-up with potential to legitimise united world. Club won't get anywhere without taking punts on young talent. Ndiaye came out of rising ballers as a complete unknown, set the world on fire.
It's fair to say, 1 player bought in 4 seasons might not be enough to make the model work

Another one always injured.

Should have taken Milan's money.

Surely this ranks with one of the craziest "purchases" we have ever made?, did Van Winkle buy him?, we bought him, sent him out on loan, brought him over here and then we saw virtually nothing of him.
Ultimately injury has been his issue, we will never know how he would have been developed. For a young player without a significant injury record, I don't consider that crazy. We should be taking a few punts on young talent, and we shouldn't expect they all work out.

Another punt that ultimately didn't make it (or even get close).

The exaggerated interest from Italy is the only reason so many took more of an interest in him that he deserved.

Time to move on for the player and the club

Looking back at his time with us - turning down a £10m bid from Milan (probably not true) a few years ago feels like a parallel universe... Even after that summer there were reports saying "big" clubs were after him when valued at £10-12m... Football financials woke up with a terrible hangover somewhere around this time and now he will be release on a free transfer in the summer?

Was beginning to think he'd got on the first plane to Rwanda!
Is he even in training?

Why send him out on loan. Agree a mutual termination of his contract and they can have him. He walks for free in the summer and he's clearly not part of the future. Get him off the wage bill and free up a space in the squad.

You should check my website

For those talking about his injuries. The Swedish league has finished and doesn’t start until March I think.

Why send him out on loan. Agree a mutual termination of his contract and they can have him. He walks for free in the summer and he's clearly not part of the future. Get him off the wage bill and free up a space in the squad.

Every time you have the opportunity to pay someone's wages in full rather than have some other club pay some of it and also pay a loan fee, you have to take it

Back
Top Bottom