Ask The Experts.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't a match abondoned at Coventry's old ground due to snow? I was there and remember (i think) we were winning (2-1?) . I think we lost the re-arranged match. I'm sure Silent will know.

Is it normal for the tip of my penis to swell in warm weather?

Can I diy plaster an artexed ceiling?

Edit:
Sorry, just noticed this isn’t in general chat 🤦‍♂️
Dont it will come back in fashion

Has there ever been a match at Bramall Lane that was stopped then restarted because of ....

A : The weather.
it wasnt stopped that i know of, but the closest ive ever seen was at bristol city april 2011? always remember david mcallister taking the lead & then sliding into the massive puddle, & if Half time hadnt come when it did & they had 15 mins to sort out the pitch i think, it couldve been

& thinking about it we have strange weather v bristol city at home. as there was the snow november 2021. which if that was a 1.30pm or even maybe 1pm kickoff the snow might have been too much as it was getting very strong towards the end of the 2nd half

Last edited:
Wasn't a match abondoned at Coventry's old ground due to snow? I was there and remember (i think) we were winning (2-1?) . I think we lost the re-arranged match. I'm sure Silent will know.

I think we were playing Coventry and winning 2-0 when it started snowing and game was abandoned. Couldn’t afford replay but we lost I think, fog of time.

Sorry Cradleyblade ony just seen your post
Yes we were winning 2-0 at Coventry. I was at Wembley that day to see Stoke beat Chelsea in the 1972 League Cup final. The electronic scoreboard at Wembley gave the final score as 2-0 to us at Coventry. I hadnt realised that the match was abandoned due to heavy snow and rain (the weather at Wembley was fine!) until I read the Saturday evening paper at Leicester Forest service station. I went to the re-arranged game at Coventry the following month and we lost 3-2.

Our game at Millwall in September 1970 was abandoned due to torrential rain

We did win and lost the rearranged match.
It was sleeting and snowing throughout the match,match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch.
It was into the 2nd half and really the match could have finished ! The ref deemed it waterlogged thats it

We did win and lost the rearranged match.
It was sleeting and snowing throughout the match,match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch.
It was into the 2nd half and really the match could have finished ! The ref deemed it waterlogged thats it
Yeh think it was more rain than snow. Talking of snow, Boxing Day versus Port Vale. Never known so much snow in such a short time. I had a 4x4 and made it home, many didn’t that night.

Is it normal for the tip of my penis to swell in warm weather?

Can I diy plaster an artexed ceiling?

Edit:
Sorry, just noticed this isn’t in general chat 🤦‍♂️

Can get asbestos in Artex so be careful not to generate dust. Not sure you can attribute it to penis swelling, if so might be worth applying for a patent.

Blades v. Hull in the early 1970's...Ref stopped it after three rounds when a fight broke out...

All players called into centre circle for a right royal dressing down...Can't recall the score.. Kicked off again and a game of football broke out.

Blades v. Hull in the early 1970's...Ref stopped it after three rounds when a fight broke out...

All players called into centre circle for a right royal dressing down...Can't recall the score.. Kicked off again and a game of football broke out.

I was at the match (kop end) both teams going for promotion. We took an early lead and we'll worth the lead.
The game turned on the back of some real brutal shocking tackles by Hull. ,United were really being kicked from pillar to post.The ref called a meeting to cool the atmosphere down.We totally lost our way due to the brutal challenge ,s by Hull.
Knighton ex pig was the chief culprit he got away with it,forgot the name of the other culprit but between them they butchered United!we lost 2-1 in the end , disgusting how the ref didn't clamp down on the tackling by these two players.
The following game was QPR away.
I was at the game and United played like a team who had lost there way losing 2-0 Beaten ( body language.) It seemed.
What happened next is something I remember clearly! A few minutes left a beaten side and suddenly Woody scored out of the blue a fluke really,We then won a pen ! Billy Dearden fowled in the box ! Ted Hemsley put the pen away we drew 2-2.
The team found some inspiration from this draw ( the team really were on there knees after the butchering by Hull )we won 6 and drew 5 of our remaining 11 games culminating in them two home matches against Cardiff and Watford.
A real 6 pointer against Cardiff we won 5-1 and put us in the position to beat Watford and win promotion.
Tremendous atmosphere at both games.
That is over 50 years ago !
Joe, Silent and a few others will remember it too.

March 1992 our friendly game at Kilmarnock was abandoned ( a night match). It was a midweek match. I was sat behind Geoff Taylor and he went down to the touchline to bollock Carl Bradshaw for trying to hide on the wing under the roof of the stand.

Can't even recall why we'd be touring Scotland in March....maybe a free week as out of the FA Cup? The next league game I think was the Bobby Davison game played in similar conditions. Glad I got down for that one.

Remember talking to some Tinsley Blades at Killie that night who were up for the match and were driving back to S9 straight after the game. Fast forward 31 years and I bumped in to them at the recent semi in the Liquour Saloon at Wembley and we had a good yarn about it.

Best Regards..... Alan Bennett.

To the experts ..

Which Sheffield United programme is worth the most in value?

In reverse order, from Paul Heckingbottom, who was the United manager's first signing?

Didn't a game against derby get cancelled due to snow, can't remember when it was but we had tunes on drove all the way there and wondered where everyone was then saw a steward who told us it was off

Didn't a game against derby get cancelled due to snow, can't remember when it was but we had tunes on drove all the way there and wondered where everyone was then saw a steward who told us it was off
December 1990. It was rearranged for late January 1991 (same weekend as FA Cup 4th round. Both Blades and Derby were out of the cup and agreed to play on that Saturday. Glyn Hodges scoring the winner on his debut.

December 1990. It was rearranged for late January 1991 (same weekend as FA Cup 4th round. Both Blades and Derby were out of the cup and agreed to play on that Saturday. Glyn Hodges scoring the winner on his debut.
Last minute winner at the kop end if memory serves. Is that the one where Hodges tried to jump over/stand on top of the advertising boards but caught his foot on the top and went arse over tit. Also the start of our 7 match winning run that took us from relegation certainties to virtual safety.

Chilton and Wagstaff were dirty twats the referee was very poor in the battle of Bramall Lane in 1971 against Hull. that was bad enough. however, some of their fans were on the kop. Two of the twat must have been well over six feet tall and stood right in from of me i was 12 years old. could not shift because it was packed.the only home defeat that season. Silent Blade will correct me if I am wrong. we went the rest of the season unbeaten.

Chilton and Wagstaff were dirty twats the referee was very poor in the battle of Bramall Lane in 1971 against Hull. that was bad enough. however, some of their fans were on the kop. Two of the twat must have been well over six feet tall and stood right in from of me i was 12 years old. could not shift because it was packed.the only home defeat that season. Silent Blade will correct me if I am wrong. we went the rest of the season unbeaten.
Chilton was a good player but really physical which is fair enough ! Wagstaff was a really gifted quality player.
Hull as a team were over physical from the moment they fell behind (early doors) the two butchers were the midfield pair of Knighton (ex pig) can't remember the name of the other ! absolutey brutal they were..
Yes we were unbeaten the last 11 games as I said in an earlier post.

2009;
Ferencvaros v sheffutd in Budapest.
I spent 2k for five night stay flying from Luton .
The match never kicked off due to thunderstorms but us 80 blades or so watched the first game .
It was a 3 way tournament, we were all in the ground flags up but never saw the blades .

Scunthorpe old show ground I arrived and fog called the game off mid 80/s but I've been before
Peterborough game called off due to snow
Orient game called off so went to Millwall v Crewe

There were hundreds of them on the Terrace as well.

Evening match at Charlton we arrived on a street around the corner from the valley. it had been raining just about to get off the coach-headquarters branch. we receives a message the game has been postponed this was at 6.30 pm. We ended up going to Wembley to watch the England Republic of Ireland. It was a crap match England lost and around 20k in the ground.

Chilton was a good player but really physical which is fair enough ! Wagstaff was a really gifted quality player.
Hull as a team were over physical from the moment they fell behind (early doors) the two butchers were the midfield pair of Knighton (ex pig) can't remember the name of the other ! absolutey brutal they were..
Yes we were unbeaten the last 11 games as I said in an earlier post.
Chris Simpkin

A cup game against Sunderland in the late 1950's with a packed ground and snow on the pitch. There was a corner at the shoreham street end and as it was taken the crowd near the corner flag surged forward and the railings on top of the wall were knocked over and some people (including a young me) finished up on the edge of the pitch. Eventually a metal ladder was tied across the opening and the match was restarted- I think we lost.

Back
Top Bottom