Uriah Rennie - Can't believe it's been 15 years!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Were you at Hurlfield with him Snake,if so what year🤔👍

No mate. Knew Uri from playing sport together as kids.

One of Rennie's low points as a ref must have been a Burnley game when he booked Chris Vinnicombe twice (Burnley full back) but didn't send him off. Hew misread his notebook and thought he had written down 2, not 3, for the first booking.

The odd thing was that everyone there must have seen that it was two bookings, but everyone must have thought "no, I must be wrong". Not a single player, not the managers, not the linemen or even the crowd told him that he'd got it wrong. Vinnicombe played the whole game.

Apart from that, like most refs, he was a lot better at it when he finished than when he started.

Sam Allison is the first black referee in the Premier League since Uriah Rennie back in 2008. He will officiate the at Bramall Lane for Sheffield United v Luton match on Boxing day.

My memories of Uriah Rennie (Sheffield born) where that he was firm but fair, no managers ever complained about him pre match.

Does make you question the Premier league - why did it take so bloody long!
Mr Rennie was the only referee to send me off in 15 years of amateur & semi professional footballing 🙄

Grew up with Uriah. He lived across road from me.
Are you a Wybourn lad then? My sisters went to school with Uriah,and we were a wybourn family i am younger than me sisters by a decade and he was the magistrate judge that gave me a £100 fine back in the day,he shook his head in disgust at me when I was in the Dock,lol..he also use to work at Hillsborough leisure centre at one point because he use to get my sisters grand kids free passes..

Are you a Wybourn lad then? My sisters went to school with Uriah,and we were a wybourn family i am younger than me sisters by a decade and he was the magistrate judge that gave me a £100 fine back in the day,he shook his head in disgust at me when I was in the Dock,lol..he also use to work at Hillsborough leisure centre at one point because he use to get my sisters grand kids free passes..
He was manager there for a good while. My mums boss for what felt like a decade or so

Back
Top Bottom