Ask The Experts.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VLYDONIMIR

Totus tuus ego sum, Maria...
Reaction score
My first question to the experts is..........

Has there ever been a match at Bramall Lane that was stopped then restarted because of ....

A : The weather.
B : A crowd invasion.

Over to you, experts.

Has there ever been a match at Bramall Lane that was stopped then restarted because of ....

Over to you, experts.
I remember a match being held up whilst they cleared the lines again !

Not at BL - but there was at Hillsboro

120,000 fans invaded the pitch when they equalised against Peterborough in this seasons playoff semi .

It took them 3.5 weeks to clear the pitch before the restart

Sky kept cont. coverage going due to another 750,000 international weds fans phoning in .

FACT

Over to you, experts.

December 86, a random friendly game on a Friday night v A Villa was canned at half time cos of a frozen pitch.

Is it normal for the tip of my penis to swell in warm weather?

Can I diy plaster an artexed ceiling?

Edit:
Sorry, just noticed this isn’t in general chat 🤦‍♂️

Over to you, experts.
I am fairly certain there’ll have been plenty of cricket matches in category A.

120,000 fans invaded the pitch when they equalised against Peterborough in this seasons playoff semi .

Sky kept cont. coverage going due to another 750,000 international weds fans phoning in .

FACT
Another day, another Wednesday joke about them being massive…

We’re obsessed with them.

In 80's again v Burnley I think, match abandoned due to fog or heavy snow fall, got so bad you could not even see the halfway line from kop.

They had to briefly stop to paint the pitch markings red and change the ball in the 0-0 draw with Notts Forest (spit) in 2018 because of heavy snow, if my recollection is right.
I should know that. (But I don't) My lad was mascot for that game, and I was sat in the South Stand freezing my bollox off from 1pm, whilst he was enjoying himself.

I should know that. (But I don't) My lad was mascot for that game, and I was sat in the South Stand freezing my bollox off from 1pm, whilst he was enjoying himself.

Bloody weird day actually. It was a bit nippy but fairly bright from kick-off, then by half time the whole pitch was covered. Fell very heavily after as well.

I actually couldn't get home and we had to stay in the pub until it cleared up, which as you can imagine was a huge inconvenience...

FACT
Imagine the amount of pig shit on the pitch if that were true

They had to briefly stop to paint the pitch markings red and change the ball in the 0-0 draw with Notts Forest (spit) in 2018 because of heavy snow, if my recollection is right.
A bit off topic but didn't we beat Southampton 4-0 in a game where it should have been called off for fog?

Bloody weird day actually. It was a bit nippy but fairly bright from kick-off, then by half time the whole pitch was covered. Fell very heavily after as well.

I actually couldn't get home and we had to stay in the pub until it cleared up, which as you can imagine was a huge inconvenience...

I was was walking down the underpass about 4 hours after the game and saw some gobby Forest fans deck it walking the other way under the underpass next to Waitrose. Obviously laughed, the one who decked it called me a “fucking melt” whilst been consoled by his equally gobby mates.

Reminded me of those dad joke memes so I replied “too late to be asking the snow that mate”.

memories

A bit off topic but didn't we beat Southampton 4-0 in a game where it should have been called off for fog?

I've looked on 11v11 and the only thing close was a 3-0 win in March 2006? I would almost certainly have been there but I can't remember a thing about that match.

Over to you, experts.
Cardiff at home in last game of 1977-78 season. They scored in the last minute and then not long after that, the fans invaded from the Kop end. There was a stoppage for about 5 minutes before the game re-started and then the final whistle sounded about a minute later.

1687366128645.png

Over to you, experts.
No but we lost that card game with West Brom under Warnock back in 2002 though.
Has that ever happened anyway else?

To be honest Warnock being Warnock used that as a way to rejig and galvanise the squad.
I always thought that the start of our memorable season that followed (02-03 season) actually began post Battle of Bramall lane

Cardiff at home in last game of 1977-78 season. They scored in the last minute and then not long after that, the fans invaded from the Kop end. There was a stoppage for about 5 minutes before the game re-started and then the final whistle sounded about a minute later.

View attachment 162986
Ditto against Leicester when we got relegated. They had a man sent off, the kop invaded and ran down to the BL end - where I was standing, keeping my allegiances under wrap until that point and then making it crystal clear that I was an undercover Blade!

Ditto against Leicester when we got relegated. They had a man sent off, the kop invaded and ran down to the BL end - where I was standing, keeping my allegiances under wrap until that point and then making it crystal clear that I was an undercover Blade!
Was that the game when a blade invaded the pitch complete with plaster cast on his leg and a crutch?

Back
Top Bottom