An embarrassment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Souza job is to sit infront if the back 3 he didnt.

Norwood job is to be a midfielder he didnt.

Our fullbacks were weak and gun-ho at times leaving space in the wide areas.

CBS didn’t deal with routine crosses.

And that front 3 did not work at all. In fact Archer has never feted nothing in the last 2 games.

Yep. Excuse them all. Fuck it. We can make excuses for every single game then by that method.

How do you know that’s the reasoning anyway? We looked pretty good up to 0-3 down.
I don’t know. And nor do you. That’s the point.

Le Cynique wondered what the effect might have been. All individuals process bereavement differently. Nobody has the right to say how others should react.

We don’t know if it played a part but it might have, and that can’t be dismissed.

why wouldnt potter touch us with a bargepole ? brighton were in trouble when he went there and got them playing great football he would be my choice if hecky was sacked

He turned down Rangers .. he’s not coming to work for the potless Prince

At this level it would only take a couple for the general malaise to spread through a team.
You’re using the name of a young girl who’s lost her life in vein to excuse that disgraceful performance. I think that’s a bit rank.

Absolutely no chance on earth Potter would come.

Agree.....in interviews he has zero personality and when at Brighton he never seemed to like us....said a few disparaging comments about our players and style.
Think Potter is a Southern boy and prefers to stay in the London to South costs area. I'm sure he'll think he's better than us and can do far better.

To be honest if we're not careful...we'll become like a poison chalice like what happening at Sheff Wed.
Many prospective managers will assume Sheff Wed will be relegated to div 1 next season and no one can save them
Also Potter will also assume we're gauranteed to be in the Championship last season, so why join us?

So both clubs won't be able to make a short list and pick their preferred option, as anyone decent probably won't come.

It's a controversial appointment because it would antagonise some of both clubs fanbases
but think Sheff Wed best realistic choice might be Neil Warnock and Uniteds best realistic choice might be Wilder.

The other manager that was decent and would be interested in joining either Sheffield club is Nathan Jones.
Yes Jones was crap at Southampton and Wilder was crap at Watford but I often think managers learn more from their failures than their successes.

You’re using the name of a young girl who’s lost her life in vein to excuse that disgraceful performance. I think that’s a bit rank.
It’s not about excusing it, ffs. It’s about trying to add a bit of context to it.

How many of those players will have daughters if their own? I shed a few tears at the minute’s silence at Mickleover Sports yesterday and again in the pub today watching how it was observed.

The only connection I have is being a Blade and being a dad to daughters. I didn’t know her, and it knocked me. Fuck knows what it did to those at the club.

Surely it’s wait and see time. This, hopefully, is a one off. As heavy a defeat as this is we were close to a win last week and City needed Larrouci to cock up to sneak a win. If this is repeated twice more, god forbid, Hecky will have to reflect a bit

It’s not about excusing it, ffs. It’s about trying to add a bit of context to it.

How many of those players will have daughters if their own? I shed a few tears at the minute’s silence at Mickleover Sports yesterday and again in the pub today watching how it was observed.

The only connection I have is being a Blade and being a dad to daughters. I didn’t know her, and it knocked me. Fuck knows what it did to those at the club.
We’ll agree to disagree mate. I know where you’re coming from. And don’t wanna drag it out cos I can’t be arsed to talk about it. I just feel rank.

OK you've made your point now drop it before others join in and the respect today shown to Maddie will go out the window.

I thought the first three goals were dodgy but no excuse for the players heads to drop half the side looked like they couldn't give a toss not one leader in the ranks today.
Egan as captain yer havin a laugh, take it off him and give it Baldock when he comes back.
As others have said at 0-3 the game had gone why go to a back four and make things worse? After half time we just fell to pieces. As disgraceful performance as I can ever remember and I've seen us in every division. Not blaming Hecky the fish rots from the head this is what you get when you have to let your best players go and bring in last minute and inferior replacements at least three of our summer signings don't look up to the job at this level.
I can see why Cardiff have had a shit defence for the last few seasons that new defence coach needs sacking after that shit show.

OK you've made your point now drop it before others join in and the respect today shown to Maddie will go out the window.
Yep. I don’t think she should be brought up in context to today. I don’t think he meant any ill towards it.

fucking hell . Hope some of these arse holes wake up tomorrow sober and regret what they posted 😩

I'm not going to blame anyone for any knee-jerk reactions to that. Those of us that went have just witnessed Sheffield United's highest ever league defeat. Doesn't matter how long you've been going, nobody has ever seen us lose by 8 in the league before. It's never happened.

We as fans have every right to be fucking furious about that. We gave up, just stopped trying. They looked like they could score at will (and often did). I never in my life thought I would say, with 3 minutes left in a game "I just hope we keep it to 8-0. EIGHT FUCKING NIL (feel free to post Barnestoneworth youtube clip in reply).

On 75 mins I genuinely thought they would get 10.

No I’m not. That’s bullshit. And quite a cuntish statement to make. Try re-reading the thread when you’ve calmed down a bit.

Been going since 77 .. worst I’ve seen was 5-0 at home to Arsenal in 78 & Oldham in 87 .. that is beyond embarrassing seen us play league & European champions but fuck me haven’t got the words …players hang their heads in shame
1970 for me - as well as the ones you mentioned Bolton and Norwich also stuck 5 past us. Personal worst was 6 at Ayresome in '88.

Back
Top Bottom