17 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To say people didn't moan back then is a bit of a stretch, I think folk appreciated wed gone up 2 divisions in 2 seasons and Bassett was a god as despite the lack of help from upstairs (sound familiar) he got us up. I recall Bassett asking for 250k for hodges on the United documentary and Dooley laughing his bolllox off.

I remember singing one David Bassett when we lost 3-0 at Norwich.
We have always always moaned, so has every fan base not just in the country but the whole world. Fry’s my brain how some think we are any different to the past or any other teams fans.

I was really young but I remember losing 2-1 at home to Blackburn in our Prem relegation season under Bassett and a big fight between pro and anti Bassett fans breaking out on the kop. I also remember similar happening the year Bassett left.
Southend away 1995-6 was very bad. Pro and anti Bassett factions scrapping on the away end.

We have always always moaned, so has every fan base not just in the country but the whole world. Fry’s my brain how some think we are any different to the past or any other teams fans.

The guy who was featured in the BBC documentary "United " in 1990 spent most of the episode moaning about the football we were playing when we were 2nd in the league after just coming up from the third!

The guy who was featured in the BBC documentary "United " in 1990 spent most of the episode moaning about the football we were playing when we were 2nd in the league after just coming up from the third!
Keith Broughton!

Complaining is easy, but offering solutions that the club will act on is rather more difficult !
The club won’t listen to fans, I’m fairly sure if they wanted a fans forum they’d have tonnes of solutions offered, some of them would be batshit mental and they might stumble across the odd useful one amongst the lunatics.

i just think it's a pointless post. Moaning about people moaning on a platform that was created for that exact purpose. For people to praise or vent their views.

It is his opinion i just think it's a silly one.
I never thought of joining a united fan Web site just to vent my splene if we only draw at home. Or lose in a tight game. Like you thinking his opinion is silly I think anyone who thinks us going up last season was not enjoyable or disappointing in the main is fucking moronic .that's just an opinion by the way

I recall when 13-15,000 wasn't unusual at home games, so somewhere along the line we've managed to find an additional 15,000 from nowhere, just saying.
Well thats good .A lot to do with the fact that we are not ripping off the fans like some clubs do and charging unaffordable ticket prices . A ordinary guy with two kids can pay a fortune going to the match .

I never thought of joining a united fan Web site just to vent my splene if we only draw at home. Or lose in a tight game. Like you thinking his opinion is silly I think anyone who thinks us going up last season was not enjoyable or disappointing in the main is fucking moronic .that's just an opinion by the way
You’re clearly quite distressed by the idea that different people have different opinions. The whole purpose of a forum is to discuss topics with people with similar and differing views. People with different opinions will post. Some to vent some to praise. If you’re too fragile to read something you don’t agree with then a forum is probably not for you.

Last season was great, i agree. I’m not sure i’ve seen many views that go against that. I also want to see us make a go of the opportunity we have this year to establish ourself at this level. So i can understand those who are frustrated at our business to-date but that is going off-topic. Some people have high aspirations for us others are content with simply being up here. Both ‘groups’ want success for us.

You’re clearly quite distressed by the idea that different people have different opinions. The whole purpose of a forum is to discuss topics with people with similar and differing views. People with different opinions will post. Some to vent some to praise. If you’re too fragile to read something you don’t agree with then a forum is probably not for you.

Last season was great, i agree. I’m not sure i’ve seen many views that go against that. I also want to see us make a go of the opportunity we have this year to establish ourself at this level. So i can understand those who are frustrated at our business to-date but that is going off-topic. Some people have high aspirations for us others are content with simply being up here. Both ‘groups’ want success for us.
Not at all I'm distressed when people get abusive to fans who don't tow the the clubs shit line .
It's been hard having 2 walk out and set us a unique problem which I'm positive Hecky will adress

Not at all I'm distressed when people get abusive to fans who don't tow the the clubs shit line .
It's been hard having 2 walk out and set us a unique problem which I'm positive Hecky will adress
you’ve got all worked up about others being ‘abusive’ at the OP when he’s literally posted a massive abusive message aimed at half our fans 😂

Anyway I hope hecky sorts out this mess as well!

you’ve got all worked up about others being ‘abusive’ at the OP when he’s literally posted a massive abusive message aimed at half our fans 😂

Anyway I hope hecky sorts out this mess as well!
Wasn't abusive to call any promotion uninspiring is a bit moronic. Its like saying it was a disappointing fa cup win. Doesnt quite tally

Back
Top Bottom